Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 03:08 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
They will yell, Obama!! Hillary!! Fake News!!

The CBO is very well respected, despite what President Bonkers' minions said on all the Sunday talk shows.

Once the folks on ACA get the ability to ascertain their cost and or eligibility next year, well that's when it hits the fan.
"The CBO is very well respected,"

By you maybe, others not so much.

When was one of their "predictions" been anywhere NEAR what things turned out to be?

Old 03-13-2017, 03:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I agree. Single payer makes total sense to me but it would take a lot to get approved and working.
And how will that be funded?

Do you want the government to tax everybody a certain percentage, let's say 10%, of their income or will this be another program where I have to pay for myself and others to get the same care?

Old 03-13-2017, 03:09 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Obamacare requires payments of as much as $1000.00/month. $6000.00 in deductibles. 50 % of remainder. Before the Obamacare kicks in, you've shelled out between $18,000.00 - $25,000.00 dollars, unless you are an illegal alien or on welfare. Why do people on welfare have to be healthier and more rested than those who work?. If everyone on this forum didn't have to pay for these layabouts and the damage they cause to society.... we would all be better off.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Do you want the government to tax everybody a certain percentage, let's say 10%, of their income or will this be another program where I have to pay for myself and others to get the same care?
I have no idea how it would work. That is way above my pay grade. I leave that to the people we voted into office. Oh wait, they don't care.

Healthcare will never be fixed or affordable in what is remaining of my life.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:11 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Not lose, it says many of them will opt out when the government is no longer forcing them to buy it.

But as a reminder, the CBO was massively wrong about Obamacare. They said it would result in 23 million more insured by now, and the actual number has been 9 million.
So who knows how wrong they are with this current prediction.

I work in healthcare, and I have worked with multiple patients who cried while telling me they were so excited to be able to buy health insurance through Obamacare only to find out it didn't cover anything. They would ask why they had to pay so much every month for insurance that paid for no care. And they were upset about how hard it was to find anyone that would even see them.

So while Dems counting them as success stories, many of the people I met were so upset. I'm sure there were positive cases too, but I didn't hear them.

Even Obama admitted Obamacare needed changes.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:11 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Simple, levy a progressive tax.

Health plans are standardized across the board. If you want extra coverage pay more. But everyone gets the same basic services regardless: preventative care, hospitalization, emergency room, lab work, etc..

All doctors/hospital are in the same network since in a single payer there's only 1 health insurer the federal government. You get to choose where you want to go to get your medical needs taken care of, government handles billing.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not that I am an actuary or anything like that..

but how do they figure 14 million less insured, when Obama care only insured about 2 million

are they saying the 12 million new Medicaid enrollees will lose Medicaid??
Record number of Obamacare sign-ups on HealthCare.gov for 2017 health insurance coverage

Federal health officials Wednesday touted a record 6.4 million customer sign-ups on the federal Obamacare marketplace HealthCare.gov so far this open enrollment season — topping last year's pace during the same time period by 400,000 customers.
Record number of Obamacare sign-ups on HealthCare.gov for 2017 health insurance coverage

Old 03-13-2017, 03:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The drop in the number of insured would result in part because people would opt to go without coverage once the requirement that most Americans have coverage or pay a penalty is repealed, according to the report by the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation. Higher premiums would also prompt some people to opt to go without insurance, the report said.
Good, we as a country need to stop taking care of peoples health care financially..amongst other things..
As long as we reduce the deficit, starting with getting rid of ACA, this country will prosper again..
Getting rid of debt is primary goal of America right now. So, put your big boy britches on and start living within your means, not others.
Trump isn't reducing the deficit.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you the taxpayer cant afford singlepayer
It would probably be cheaper than all the people that are going to be using the ER again. Some one pays for that.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times

I feel sorry for those who will lose coverage, this Obamacare repeal is nothing but politics, the Republicans care nothing for those lives that will be affected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies