Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 06:49 PM

39,117 posts, read 51,361,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
This sounds exciting. Can someone post an example of the tax credit and how it would pay for part of your insurance premium?
The credit varies from 2000 to 4000 per year depending on age. Old people get the four grand, young ones the two. Those who don't pay that amount in taxes will still get some money back but it is limited. The average subsidy on Obamacare is around $300 per month and it depends on income. Someone will need to do the detailed math, but it looks like at least half of the people will get their subsidy amount reduced. Those with pre-existing conditions will be able to buy insurance but there is no limit on what they will have to pay. Then there are costs for deductibles, copays and prescriptions apparently all of which fall under the tax credit. Lots of people are going to find insurance they could afford with subsidies under Obamacare completely out of reach under this plan.

Some of the other things, like will employers be required to provide coverage? will the donut hole return for seniors are not discussed in the summaries.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 PM

6,403 posts, read 4,128,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The credit varies from 2000 to 4000 per year depending on age. Old people get the four grand, young ones the two. The average subsidy on Obamacare is around $300 per month and it depends on income. Someone will need to do the detailed math, but it looks like at least half of the people will get their subsidy amount reduced. Those with pre-existing conditions will be able to buy insurance but there is no limit on what they will have to pay. Then there are costs for deductibles, copays and prescriptions apparently all of which fall under the tax credit. Lots of people are going to find insurance they could afford with subsidies under Obamacare completely out of reach under this plan.
Good.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,495,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I know other people who couldn't afford the premiums and they didn't get subsidies so they went uninsured and paid the fine.
The new plan doesn't lower premiums but does greatly lower subsidies.
This is political solution that tinkers in an attempt to say they changed it. I see no benefit or cost reductions for insurers - they still have to take everyone regardless of health - and the risk corridors are gone.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,757,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You probably don't pay that much taxes, judging by the time and posts you post here. Let's not try to fib us.
Actually I haven't posted here in a while but thanks for noticing! I live in Woodinville, WA. Take a look at how much a house on an acre costs there. I truly do not care what Trump does, the people most deserving will pay the price.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,585,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Basically, I want to see the country get so much right wingery their eyes bulge out.
DEAR HEALTH CARE INSURANCE SUBSCRIBER:
We regret to inform you that "eye bulge" is not covered under the new Federal guidelines. We suggest you access the following website that may offer alternative care.
Robitussin® |

Old 03-06-2017, 06:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,395,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
But if less people are insured, that will lead to more ER usage.
You are exactly correct. ER's will be packed with people with strep throat, sinus infections, etc. The cost for emergency rooms will skyrocket as it did in the past before Obamacare. Also, people will be less healthy because they won't be receiving preventative care. They'll go to the emergency room when they are extremely ill, or even in dire straights.

Thank you Republicans. Have any of you now figured out that Republicans don't care about the people of this country. They care about big business and their own stock portfolios. You voted them in and now that's what you've got.

6,403 posts, read 4,128,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So you plan to let your grandma starve or go without medical care???
All my grandparents are dead. I have 4 siblings. Every one of us makes 6 figures. We are fully capable of taking care of our parents. Heck, I'll buy my elderly parents private insurance by myself if I have to.

Old people voted for Trump in overwhelming numbers, including my parents. Let them live their dream.

21,989 posts, read 15,757,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
DEAR HEALTH CARE INSURANCE SUBSCRIBER:
We regret to inform you that "eye bulge" is not covered under the new Federal guidelines. We suggest you access the following website that may offer alternative care.
Robitussin® |
Well thanks a lot, I almost snorted my dinner!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:57 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,360,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The credit varies from 2000 to 4000 per year depending on age. Old people get the four grand, young ones the two. Those who don't pay that amount in taxes will still get some money back but it is limited. The average subsidy on Obamacare is around $300 per month and it depends on income. Someone will need to do the detailed math, but it looks like at least half of the people will get their subsidy amount reduced. Those with pre-existing conditions will be able to buy insurance but there is no limit on what they will have to pay. Then there are costs for deductibles, copays and prescriptions apparently all of which fall under the tax credit. Lots of people are going to find insurance they could afford with subsidies under Obamacare completely out of reach under this plan.

Some of the other things, like will employers be required to provide coverage? will the donut hole return for seniors are not discussed in the summaries.
So then, in other words, there is NO effective coverage for pre-existing conditions? No cost-effective coverage, that is.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:58 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,805,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Actually I haven't posted here in a while but thanks for noticing! I live in Woodinville, WA. Take a look at how much a house on an acre costs there. I truly do not care what Trump does, the people most deserving will pay the price.
I did, it sounds like you have it made. Down here you pay that price for a condoish. WA must tax you a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies