Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 11:23 AM

15,017 posts, read 12,228,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I was under the impression he paid zero.
That's what the Trump haters would have you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 11:23 AM

59,347 posts, read 27,528,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
We don't know that. The 2005 return shows a $103 million write-off on Line 21. This is probably the loss write-off that he's carried over for many years. It's possible in other years where he made less income he used the carryover to result to little or no taxes paid.

It's obvious the White House leaked this to media to try to make him look good. He cherry-picked this tax year and these two pages for that reason.
"It's obvious the White House leaked this to media to try to make him look good."

I wouldn't "claim "obvious" becuae you DON'T know.

It could just as well be said, "to make the left look BAD", for claiming all tis time that he paid ZERO taxes.!

Old 03-15-2017, 11:25 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
Even if Trump only paid taxes one year of his life - in 2005 with that 38 million dollars - that's still much more in taxes than just about everyone in the USA will pay their entire lifetime.

So they have no right to complain. And unless you personally will pay, or have paid, 38 million dollars in taxes, Trump has done more for the USA in that one year than you have in your lifetime.
That's irrelevant. His income must be yuge! Every year! One cannot become a billionaire without having a significant income for a long time.

Can we all make a massive tax payment and then never make another? No matter how much income we have?

It doesn't work that way. Surprised you don't know that.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:28 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,511,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It's obvious the White House leaked this to media to try to make him look good."

I wouldn't "claim "obvious" becuae you DON'T know.

It could just as well be said, "to make the left look BAD", for claiming all tis time that he paid ZERO taxes.!
Actually Trump himself has stated he did not pay federal tax for years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/u...axes.html?_r=0

Old 03-15-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well where is the big lawsuit on the release of his 1995 return several months back, Trump has never been shy about suing.

Where are the lawsuits against those companies that published the DNC emails, or does this only work one way.
If you are going to respond to me quit trying to evade the question and answer it or post your questions that do NOT pertain to my question.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
For it to be considered "receiving stolen property" the receiving party would need to deprive the owner of said property. Since it is a copy I doubt one can construe that as depriving the owner of possession.
Perhaps but, why did you avoid the rest of my post? "and so is REVEALING someone's tax returns."

Old 03-15-2017, 11:31 AM

15,017 posts, read 12,228,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
How is he vindicated? He paid 4% in federal income tax; the other taxes he pays he wants to get rid of.

4%. He paid 4% in federal income tax. Yeah, sure, that's fair.
Maybe you ought to take a remedial course in 4th grade math. 36.5 (some reports say 38.5 )million dollars tax for a 150 million
dollar income comes out to more like 25%.

Of course that article put out by that left rag The Daily Beast made the same error in their zeal to cast the tax story in the most negative light they could manage. But it's still wrong.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:33 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,511,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Perhaps but, why did you avoid the rest of my post? "and so is REVEALING someone's tax returns."
I read your entire post. I was merely commenting on the part saying it was receiving stolen property. I do not agree with that thought.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:36 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
It's very simple, if you paid less in taxes, you're less useful to America and therefore have no right to criticize.

A lot of the US government is running on his tax dollars, not yours.
How does it feel for you to be less useful, Iguana?

Old 03-15-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well that puts it to bed for 2005, now how about the next 10 years.
"now how about the next 10 years."

What about them?

As has been sated EVERY time you and your crowd scream for them, there is NO LAW requiring him to reveal them.

And has been said his "financial statement" that he is required to file has LOT MORE info then his tax returns.

They are public records if you are so inclined to look at the.

You can LOOK but, I doubt you could understand them".

I doubt if you will, you just like to whine.

Live with it or you are going to have along hard at least 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies