Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 08:52 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not according to Cheney who told us "Reagan proved deficits don't matter"

Gee-wiz burdell, I sure would like to see a first-hand source for that quote that isn't someone named Paul O'Neil or anyone else still pissed-off because they were personally fired by Dick Cheney.

Got one of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 09:35 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gee-wiz burdell, I sure would like to see a first-hand source for that quote that isn't someone named Paul O'Neil or anyone else still pissed-off because they were personally fired by Dick Cheney.

Got one of them?

Well, he doesn't say it, but it was in O'Neil's book. But in an interview with Jake Tapper, Tapper said to Cheney, "When I heard you commenting on it (the deficit), I remember former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil saying in his book that you told him Reagan proved that deficits don’t matter.Can you square the two, the concerns about deficits now versus the Bush/Cheney administration?" ”and he doesn't deny it and goes on to explain his logic behind the thought.

Cheney replied, "Sure. At the time referred to in the O'Neil book..."

Obviously, if he did not say it, he would have corrected Tapper right there and not go on to explain say “I’m not opposed, under certain circumstances, to running deficits,”.

So, yeah, he said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5ruUmFRmo

Old 03-19-2017, 10:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You do realize that we are still operating under the fiscal budget passed by the previous congress and signed by the previous president, right?
You expect him to be aware of anything?

Blind Trump worship and nothing else.

The debt fluctuates all the time. Here's the daily change since late December 2015:

Every point below zero is a drop in the debt.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:25 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
LOL.. Amnesia has struct once again. Forgot all about Market Crash of 2008, eh? what else is new

Market level dropped to below 7000 before stimulus was started by G.W. Bush prior to election of Obama.. but jobs were dropping unprecedented by hundreds of thousands monthly, in the initial stages of 2009-2010.... BUT of course Trump claims he's inherited the worst economy ever in American history. Another Bold faced lame excuse for his failures!

How about Obama inherited 2 wars and American's wanted out of them in huge %'s ... Congress GOP side blocked EVERYTHING including elevation of Debt ceiling..causing shutdowns then allowing "Sequestration Measure" cutting a lot of funding to hurt BOTH sides of the aisle" .. But of course.. The blockade tribe> blames Obama.. SO those re-writers of history claim the economy is worse is based on NOTHING more than BS.

I know I don't live inside US borders.. but do live within 70 miles of border crossing.. am widow of a War vet ..so know exactly what goes on less than 100 miles from you all! BS with your fellow cult followers.. BUT the World view of a lot of the Alt-Facts being spewed is actually transparent to us!

At this point it doesn't matter if preachers of alternative Facts is done by PAID bloggers, duped voters or just indoctrinated haters of Liberals views. Such extremes will denigrate standing of USA.. and credibility basically has evaporated. Back when Obama was trying to turn the view initially in his Administrations.. Folks spent so much time claiming " Appeasement Tour" by Obama. Instead of appeasement.. it was actually acknowledging to the world... that there was a lot of disappointment and distrust created by previous administration.

It's far to easy to paint pictures with Alternative facts.. then it is to see reality .. Some wear blinders and others stick fingers in their ears.. and others never bother listening to anything but their indoctrinators. I feel sorry for you.. however, to dismiss and deny words and actions that directly affect other Countries as ignorant, none of your business attitudes.. scream to those who use to count on or respected USA!

Fortunately, Trump and his ilk ( Bannon/Sessions/Page/Ross.... very long list) will be held accountable by MSM and outside media and World leaders never mind opposition party! ... and IF Trump thinks rigging the Courts will turn out well.. Best remember.. Truth eventually will win out in the end..tho a lot of innocent victims of such will suffer!

What else is new is the carbon bubble that will never see the light of day because Democrats couldn't get cap and trade passed when they had a chance.

GS was all set to rev up the Chicago Carbon Exchange (CCX) the way they did the unregulated derivatives market prior to the 2008 financial crisis with lots of help from Democrats like Obama.

The Great American Bubble Machine - Rolling Stone

https://www.forbes.com/2010/12/22/ch...arry-bell.html

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...iSL/story.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/229805/

We dodged a bullet that would have made the 2008 financial crisis a mere footnote.

As for that economy left by Obama, between 2009 and 2014, productivity increased 13.8% while wages increased a pathetic 0.7%.

If the point of growing the economy is to make rich fat cats even fatter while workers go to the poor house, then Obama did a fantastic job.

Wages have remained stagnant because we have too many workers, and we have too many workers because the swamp creatures in DC have allowed foreigners to come here in sufficient numbers to keep wages stagnant.

Both Democrats and Republicans did this because it's what their corporate masters wanted.

We finally have someone in the White House who doesn't answer to the 0.1%, we are making progress towards making America great again and that is long overdue.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,231 times
Trump WH Requisition (Shopping List)
  1. Smoke
  2. Mirrors
  3. Disappearing Ink

Budget Problem Solved!

The Donald- Putting those years of experience as a businessman and Roy Cohn protege to use as your prez.

WINNING!

Old 03-20-2017, 02:11 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There's such a lack of specifics of what Trump himself actually did to reduce the debt the article may well have been written by Donny himself. Maybe we should talk about what we know the specifics of like Trump adopting the 'one China' policy and coincidentally gaining trademark approval in China? Did every admin do that?

BTW, the only 'guy' I had was basically an unknown, Jim Webb, the only declared candidate I thought enough of to vote for.
I would have voted for Webb. He warns us about Middle East occupation.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
You do realize that we are still operating under the fiscal budget passed by the previous congress and signed by the previous president, right?
Good call RJ. I believe the budget goes from Oct-Sep

Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
Quote:
I don't think she does Redd Jedd. I think poor Kitty tries hard, but could do a lot better. being able to tell the difference between truth and fiction would be a promising start.
The question is, is she up to it?

Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,132 times
I wake up every day happy that we have a Great President now...MAGA.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
How silly. Do you realize the Obama never got a full 2017 budget passed through congress. He was a very weak, lazy, and ineffective President.

Furthermore, oresidents have vast power to affect spending within a budget.

Compared to Obama at this point the USA is 1/2 Trillion$$ ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies