Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:17 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Neither side is going to address the cost issue, but I will say having some health issues myself that the health-care is much better in most Republican states then Democratic ones.

The Democrats just pander to their base with emotional commercials. Emotion doesn't pay the bills though.

Did you watch the ad? Selling your wedding ring and car pays the bills.

The health-care system is falling apart in blue states because the hospitals are unionized with $85 an hour nurses in a certain West Coast state, they thought the ACA would last forever so they went on huge construction sprees and they hired lots and lots of administration.

There was a seimic madate that all hospitals had to be retrofitted by a certain date.
I believe it was 2017. It has nothing to do with the ACA.

Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

The Democrats won't say why for example that a day in the hospital is $3,300 in California and $1,200 in Republican South Dakota. Really? I think you need to think real hard on this one...

I think the exchanges were a good especially if the federal government allocates funds to run their own exchanges.

I don't see why the Democrats are against traditional Medicaid match rates of 50% to 75% though depending on the state as opposed to 95% federal match.

They need to start addressing all the massive amounts of waste Agree, huge compensation packages $85+ in certain cities for nurses Why are you going after nurses.
I see no back up to this claim and besides, that is not the problem
, unhealthy lifestyles of many Americans and infections in filthy urban hospitals that drive up healthcare costs.
You have a few good points but overall you are uninformed. Remember, your opinion is not reality. Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 08:28 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I said free markets, not "Free market healthcare system".

There are numerous examples of how the free market works. Look at the numerous products that have been made cheaper AND better over the years due to competition in a "relatively" free market system. Look at computer components and numerous other types of products and technology that through such system have produced better products. Health care is no different, but the problem is that government has its hands heavily in the system.

Free markets do not work for healthcare. This country has shown it.

What works for iphone does not work for cancer treatment.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:34 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I said free markets, not "Free market healthcare system".

There are numerous examples of how the free market works. Look at the numerous products that have been made cheaper AND better over the years due to competition in a "relatively" free market system. Look at computer components and numerous other types of products and technology that through such system have produced better products. Health care is no different, but the problem is that government has its hands heavily in the system.
No. Healthcare is exactly the same as any regulated industry.

What's different is consumer's behavior. People do not "shop" around for healthcare the same way you do for computer components. Do you see 100s of doctors to find the cheapest one?
Second, people don't stop using healthcare if they need it to survive or forgo surgery etc... People can not buy computer components or what have you and will still be alive. There's a factor that the medical industry can price gouge based off this fact.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
New Dem ad, looks pretty effective.
Democrat Advertising?

Hillary Clinton spent $350,000,000 on Democrat Adverts.

How did that work out for the Democrats?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:37 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
No. Healthcare is exactly the same as any regulated industry.

What's different is consumer's behavior. People do not "shop" around for healthcare the same way you do for computer components. Do you see 100s of doctors to find the cheapest one?
Second, people don't stop using healthcare if they need it to survive or forgo surgery etc... People can not buy computer components or what have you and will still be alive. There's a factor that the medical industry can price gouge based off this fact.
The idea that people will shop around for the cheapest health care is ridiculous.

You could find out what an office visit costs, and how much certain tests run, but that's about it.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that people will shop around for the cheapest health care is ridiculous.

You could find out what an office visit costs, and how much certain tests run, but that's about it.
"Before you set my broken leg, what will it cost and let me make a few comparison phone calls".

Old 03-23-2017, 08:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrat Advertising?

Hillary Clinton spent $350,000,000 on Democrat Adverts.

How did that work out for the Democrats?
Clinton lost. Get over it.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"Before you set my broken leg, what will it cost and let me make a few comparison phone calls".
Or - "before you put that breathing tube down me and hook me up to a ventilator, let me call around..."

It's ludicrous.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Or - "before you put that breathing tube down me and hook me up to a ventilator, let me call around..."

It's ludicrous.

Apparently it's what conservatives do...

Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Yup. There's no "free market" in healthcare. I don't know why conservatives are so hard headed who can't see through the free market BS that the GOP keeps pushing. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out given one truly understands how the free market works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies