Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 08:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Debbie Wasserman Schultz does. She intimidated the DC Metro police chief over Seth's laptop. She wants it. Bad.
It wasn't Seth's laptop.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is the strangest talking point I've seen coming from the left in quite a while. It's absurd really. It just doesn't work like that. "His family has accepted the death so let's move on" just isn't how a murder investigation works. "Leave his family alone" is not a determining factor in to whether a murder investigation goes forward or not. Just think of the implications of that line of reasoning for families of people who are killed by someone who then turns around and threatens that family. It's like giving the murderer a get out of jail free card, and makes murder by organized entities much easier to get away with.
The family's statement regarding this "new report" speaks to the family's position.

From the OP's link:

Brad Bauman, the spokesperson for the Rich family, issued this response to the report Tuesday:
"The Rich family was not provided a copy of the preliminary report, never saw the report or was otherwise consulted in the preparation of the report. I received the report a half an hour before it was made public thus depriving myself, the family or the family's lawyers any reasonable time (to) review it. As noted, by the report's methodology, 'The Profiling Project' was given no special access to any materials, evidence or persons and due to case sensitivity, conducted only informal, limited interviews. Given that fact, the family hopes that the general public takes the findings at face value---valuable experience in research collection and report writing for students at George Washington University but in no way should take any findings contained within as new, credible or otherwise lending credence to conspiracy theories surround the circumstances of Seth's death. We further hope that this doesn't continue to impede the Metropolitan Police Department's ability to find the killers and give folks who might have information to their arrest cover to stay silent."

Old 06-23-2017, 08:59 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Three separate people have all claimed to have first hand knowledge of him being the leaker. I think that would be a good place to start. It would also be helpful to take a look at his laptop.
Who are these three people? Links please.

Are Hannity and Gingrich still flogging this tale? They don't count in the three.

All I can find is that Wheeler, the private detective and part-time Fox pundit, walked back his accusation, stating that he didn't actually have any firsthand information but apparently heard stuff from a Fox reporter.

Geez Louise.

The hacked emails "were embarrassing and prompted Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz of Florida to step down from her role as DNC chair, but they didn’t expose any conspiracies or illegal activity."

The baseless claim that slain DNC staffer Seth Rich gave emails to WikiLeaks | PunditFact

That was my take as well. No evidence of payoffs, conspiracies, assassination plans, ... nothing.

Trump carried on like they contained several criminal indictments.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Just another in the trail of bodies left in the Clintons wake
If the story is accurate about him hacking the DNC emails and there is absolutely no evidence that supports this idle speculation, then Putin is the one who would want Mr. Rich assassinated not Clinton.

Mr. Rich was murdered several days before Wikileaks started dumping the the DNC emails. This makes sense in terms of cleaning up loose ends first.

People are shot right in front of the Kremlin. No one bothers to steal your wallet or nothing.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:38 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,565,672 times
More right wing nutcase conspiracy fantasy. It never ends.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:19 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If the story is accurate about him hacking the DNC emails and there is absolutely no evidence that supports this idle speculation, then Putin is the one who would want Mr. Rich assassinated not Clinton.

Mr. Rich was murdered several days before Wikileaks started dumping the the DNC emails. This makes sense in terms of cleaning up loose ends first.

People are shot right in front of the Kremlin. No one bothers to steal your wallet or nothing.
I couldn't agree more. An idiot loves nothing more that to think he 'knows the truth.'

It blows my mind how these people can believe such stupidity. All of these theories have more holes in them than swiss cheese, but these morons come in here like they're geniuses who just solved the world's greatest mysteries.

The problem is, these theories spread and it gives the Republicans an engaged base that will believe anything. I believe that the Democrats need a few nut jobs leading the charge for us.

Republicans deny climate change because they want to flood the coasts to kill the Liberals and raise their land value. They also have gills, so they can breathe underwater.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I couldn't agree more. An idiot loves nothing more that to think he 'knows the truth.'

It blows my mind how these people can believe such stupidity. All of these theories have more holes in them than swiss cheese, but these morons come in here like they're geniuses who just solved the world's greatest mysteries.

The problem is, these theories spread and it gives the Republicans an engaged base that will believe anything. I believe that the Democrats need a few nut jobs leading the charge for us.

Republicans deny climate change because they want to flood the coasts to kill the Liberals and raise their land value. They also have gills, so they can breathe underwater.
It's crazy.

The Kremlin benefits from Mr. Rich's murder not the Clintons.

Even the most delusional among us can see that.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

it's not accurate. There was no hack, it was a leak from an insider.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:27 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,385 times
I don't believe in such coincidences. Guy who leaks damning information is suddenly found murdered or suicided? But high level politicians, the rich and the powerful always get a pass when they commit murder. Take Bush and 9/11 for example, or the JFK murder. We should know by now that the oligarchs are above the law.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:36 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Who would those people be? Assange himself is playing the could be/couldn't be ploy to cajole donations. Rod Wheeler's claims turned out to be nothing more than information he received from a Fox "news" reporter who in turn received information from an unnamed "federal investigator" with an unknown relation to the case and I'd assume the third person is Kim Dotcom whose reputation speaks for itself.
1) Kim.com claims he worked with Seth Rich to transfer the emails to Wikileaks. I'm not sure what you mean by "his reputation speaks for itself"? Regardless, the police routinely interview people with questionable reputations. If the police only interviewed model citizens in murder cases, there'd be a lot less people in jail.

2) Former British Ambassador Craig Murray claims he was directly involved in the transfer as well.

3) Gavin MacFayden, investigative reporter & director of Wikileaks at the time. It's claimed by an unnamed Federal Investigator that Seth Rich was in direct contact with Gavin MacFayden & that was the Wikileaks contact. It's an unnamed source, but the entire Trump/Russia collusion farce is based on unnamed sources. Why the double standard? MacFayden died last Fall, how hard would it be to take his laptop as evidence & find out if those emails were passed or not?

- Again....there's probably nothing to this, but since we're talking about potentially avoiding nuclear war with Russia over false accusations, confiscations, sanctions & threats of military force, it's a no-brainer & only the most extreme of partisan bots would argue that investigators in a murder case shouldn't interview the three people who claim to have evidence of the motive behind the killing. It's preposterous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies