Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2017, 07:12 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Oh please. This is a war crime. The largest non-nuke only hits ISIS right? Not civilians?

And then we wonder why the people around the world hate us.
What war crime?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:18 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
People elected an megalomaniac nutcase with a penchant for violence, and we are seeing the manifestation of this. He doesn't want to try to fix matters here, yet in no less than the blink of an eye, he wants to reach across the world to bomb and destroy the "bad"guys?

#Distractions

The "bad" guys poured out of that cave last week and killed an American. What should we do? That death lead to a series of tunnels and like ants terrorist are using these tunnels to avoid consequence.

I personally wished we were pulled out of there but if we aren't going to leave we have to at least attempt to clean up the terrorists. We can't just sit there waiting to be killed.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:21 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed I am.

If you got them, then smoke them.
Ok.

Then are you ok with other countries using them?

Say like:

Russian using them on Chechnya or urkraine

China on Taiwan

Pakistian on India (actually that a full out regional nuclear war at least.)

N. Korea on Japan or eventually the United States.

Also Are you willing to chance that the use of nukes on a regular basis won't lead to the destruction of our current society in America and/or the world?

By the way. This is a just a consistenty check. Nothing more.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And this solves what exactly? Do you think we are going to bomb ISIS out of existence, or will civilian casualties ultimately swell their ranks with new converts?

The problem here is twofold: Ignorance combined with recklessness. Suppose he's gonna challenge North Korea too, and what happens if it becomes a shooting match? Will we bomb North Korea and expect China to stand by idly? Will it result in the deaths of thousands of South Koreans who will think it was all preventable except for someones as dangerous as Trump confronting someone even more dangerous in North Korea? And who will they blame for the carnage?

Be careful with your cheerleading, bombs don't win wars, people do, and not always our side wins, as history has shown us since WWII.
Quite right.

That means politicians stop meddling in military affairs. Let the generals run the war as they see fit.

Watch how fast we kill terrorists.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:32 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Eight years? They've been laughing at us since the first week back in the early 2000's - I think that's about 15 years ago. Trillions spent - untold Americans dead, injured and exposed to PTSD, etc.....and, tell me, who is going to run the country when we are done:

1. Trump
2. The Taliban or some other related ground who live there or helps them.

If you think the Taliban are scared you haven't been paying attention. They took on the FULL might of the Russian Military and it ended up destroying the Soviet Union. The Brits maintain a large cemetery there also.

You are proof positive that Trump was completely FOS when he said "American First" and that we need not gt involved in all these crazy affairs. Remember - we were there to get Bin Laden and a real POTUS took care of that already.

At this point these things are just an excuse to spend money so we can''t fix America, give everyone health care, improve our train network and highways, etc.

In other words....it's about money.

Speaking of money....somtime you should read about the "good" government of Afghanistan that we support and how much they are behind our opiate crisis as well as how many billions they stole directly from us.

Amazing. Really.
It would be nice to turn back the clock 15 years and not have the current problems in Afghanistan and Syria as well as Iraq for that matter. Obama inherited the mess Bush left him and Trump inherited the unfinished mess Obama left him. I kept hearing we were making progress in Afghanistan and Iraq during the Obama years. Meanwhile billions were being spent and Americans were still dying over there. 15 years and no end in sight, just so called progress.

I don't want more ground troops anywhere. Nation building has proven to almost always be a bad move. As for getting involved in these crazy affairs. We are already involved in Syria and Afghanistan as well as defending S. Korea. Trump inherited that. He has set a tone with Syria and Afghanistan with no loss of American lives. If this brings some of these groups to the table and leads to less conflict it may be worth it. China abstaining on voting on the Syria situation and not siding with Russia is one small sign that this tack might be effective. Lets see what China can do with N. Korea.

A history lesson. Russia was not fighting the Taliban. They formed in 1994 way after Russia had left. So the Taliban did not defeat Russia the Mujahideen did. And they were covertly backed by the USA and were also backed by Bin Laden.

I agree the government of Afghanistan is a mess. Yes we ignore their opiate production. We can just back out and let Russia, Pakistan and whoever else turn it into the next Syria or it can regress into a failed state like before 9/11 and be only a breeding ground for ISIS. There are consequences when you do nothing just as there are when you intervene.

It would be nice to have 100% peaceful solutions for these conflicts. Even if we decide to limit intervention like Obama did in Syria does not mean the consequences won't be disastrous.

I am fine with the strikes on Syria and Afghanistan. I am also fine with Trump taking a combative tone with N. Korea. I am totally against repeating the same mistakes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc and deploying large amounts of ground troops anywhere in the world.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It would be nice to turn back the clock 15 years and not have the current problems in Afghanistan and Syria as well as Iraq for that matter. Obama inherited the mess Bush left him and Trump inherited the unfinished mess Obama left him. I kept hearing we were making progress in Afghanistan and Iraq during the Obama years. Meanwhile billions were being spent and Americans were still dying over there. 15 years and no end in sight, just so called progress.

I don't want more ground troops anywhere. Nation building has proven to almost always be a bad move. As for getting involved in these crazy affairs. We are already involved in Syria and Afghanistan as well as defending S. Korea. Trump inherited that. He has set a tone with Syria and Afghanistan with no loss of American lives. If this brings some of these groups to the table and leads to less conflict it may be worth it. China abstaining on voting on the Syria situation and not siding with Russia is one small sign that this tack might be effective. Lets see what China can do with N. Korea.

A history lesson. Russia was not fighting the Taliban. They formed in 1994 way after Russia had left. So the Taliban did not defeat Russia the Mujahideen did. And they were covertly backed by the USA and were also backed by Bin Laden.

I agree the government of Afghanistan is a mess. Yes we ignore their opiate production. We can just back out and let Russia, Pakistan and whoever else turn it into the next Syria or it can regress into a failed state like before 9/11 and be only a breeding ground for ISIS. There are consequences when you do nothing just as there are when you intervene.

It would be nice to have 100% peaceful solutions for these conflicts. Even if we decide to limit intervention like Obama did in Syria does not mean the consequences won't be disastrous.

I am fine with the strikes on Syria and Afghanistan. I am also fine with Trump taking a combative tone with N. Korea. I am totally against repeating the same mistakes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc and deploying large amounts of ground troops anywhere in the world.
Perpetual war. That's what we were condemning them for.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:35 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
And give our enemies money

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obama would have done a targeted drone strike... not this.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:39 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Ok.

Then are you ok with other countries using them?

Say like:

Russian using them on Chechnya or urkraine

China on Taiwan

Pakistian on India (actually that a full out regional nuclear war at least.)

N. Korea on Japan or eventually the United States.

Also Are you willing to chance that the use of nukes on a regular basis won't lead to the destruction of our current society in America and/or the world?

By the way. This is a just a consistenty check. Nothing more.
Answer to question:

Yes I think they should be used. Real war is hell. We have too many politicians, like Obama, who want to have a "nice" war and because of it, it never ends. But they are unwilling to really fight it, and as a result we end up with situations like Syria. A generation ago, same thing gave us Vietnam.

The USA and its allies defeated Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan in less than 4 years. There is absolutely no reason that we have been at war in the middle east against primitive people for almost 16 years. They could finish it in 30 days if they really wanted.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Actually, I would think most conservatives are outraged that libs would rather see the US undefended, weak, and cowering in fear against an enemy entrenched in barbarism that would kill us all if they had access to the same weapons.

Logic dictates one of these bombs should be used when and where ever the need arises, along with whatever effective tactic or ordinance is required to defeat an enemy that started the hostilities in the first place.

Only libs blame the victim.

CN
How about having a president who wouldn't even acknowledge the atrocities committed against innocent Christians by these barbarians? And then handing over billions of dollars to the #1 sponsor of terrorism in the world?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Answer to question:

Yes I think they should be used. Real war is hell. We have too many politicians, like Obama, who want to have a "nice" war and because of it, it never ends. But they are unwilling to really fight it, and as a result we end up with situations like Syria. A generation ago, same thing gave us Vietnam.

The USA and its allies defeated Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan in less than 4 years. There is absolutely no reason that we have been at war in the middle east against primitive people for almost 16 years. They could finish it in 30 days if they really wanted.
The reason that is, is because the people started getting real upset over the dead bodies returning home and people asking "why"? and no one is able to answer that question. I've asked it a countless number of times and those I ask simply ignore it.

We have no interests over there. When the bodies start piling up the people are going to march again. It's already starting. GOP Congressmen are afraid to meet with their constituents. They are hiding from them. This is not going to bode well for the next election.

Republicans try to tame their rowdy town halls | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies