Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I expounded. I would take the battle hardened Taliban fighter, willing to die for his cause versus some naive American cowboy whom wants to do his tour and get out so he can go back home to his g/f and move on with his GI bill.

And watch...after almost 20 years the Americans still can not defeat the Taliban and they never will. They will lose...just like the Soviets, British and French before them.
well, that is your choice. Pick the taliban fighter then.

You still dont know anything about American combat troops.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:14 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
This.

Compare the average Taliban soldier to the average American one. One is a battle hardened man, growing up in a near perpetual state of war and fighting for a cause, belief and country against a foreign invader.

The American one is some dumba** kid who was naive or dumb enough to believe he was "defendin' his kuntryy" so he enlisted, plus he gets to wear a cool uniform and might get a scholarship afterwards to attend a community college.

Who wins that war of attrition?
Quote:
I know both. My İmam growing up fought in the Mujahadeen resistance in the 1980's against the soviets, as well as my good friend's father who emigrated to the US in the 1990's. I know we have extreme American exceptionalist short memories here, but these two guys were *aided by the CIA* to recruit American Muslims to go fight for Al-Qaeda. Back then they were freedom fighters, now that they no longer help the American narrative, not so much.

I also knew a lot of American soldiers. Most were folks whom couldn't get in to college and didn't have a lot of options coming out of high school. The few talented ones went to academies to become officers but they are not the average, they are the exception.

The respect for "getting killed fast" doesn't really come out of respect for American bravery or skills. Rather it's an understanding and respect for being highly out gunned and well behind the US from a technology perspective.
You don't know crap about some of the military members that are in the US military. lol! A personal friend of my husbands had a bachelors in education and a bachelors of science in psychology prior to enlisting. When my husband joined we had a friend who was a lawyer and went in as enlisted. My husband went to college prior to joining and has since earned a bachelors while being in because of his training. He also had a passion like the first guy I mentioned to serve his country. Like teachers, they are a special breed. The list goes on. So next time anyone tries to say they are dumbasses and cant get into college, think again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I see now you quickly changed your talking point. I don't respect that.

You said, American soldiers are the dumb ass, which is biased to say the least.

Maybe you should see how these folks fight, some examples, I can give you

1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 362 (HMH-362), 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Recon Battalions, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, the there are a lot more, like india battery 312 the artillery guys.

I wish I can list some army unit and airforce and navy, but I am not so familiar with them.

You really need to learn a thing or two, people will take you a little more seriously if you are fair and balanced.
I got you on some of the Army: 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, 160th, 10th Mountain, Special Forces (1, 3, 5, 7, and 10th groups), Rangers, the list goes on.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Y

I got you on some of the Army: 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, 160th, 10th Mountain, Special Forces (1, 3, 5, 7, and 10th groups), Rangers, the list goes on.
Thanks!!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:17 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
You don't know crap about some of the military members that are in the US military. lol! A personal friend of my husbands had a bachelors in education and a bachelors of science in psychology prior to enlisting. When my husband joined we had a friend who was a lawyer and went in as enlisted. My husband went to college prior to joining and has since earned a bachelors while being in because of his training. He also had a passion like the first guy I mentioned to serve his country. Like teachers, they are a special breed. The list goes on. So next time anyone tries to say they are dumbasses and cant get into college, think again.

Why on earth is he thinking of doing that? Surely any educated person understands that we haven't conducted a *war* of defense in a good half century. Does he just want to go expand the vastness of the Empire? Conquer to conquer? Perhaps he's a little sick in the head and just wants to see brains shattered or entire villages blown to pieces?

Old 04-13-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Why on earth is he thinking of doing that? Surely any educated person understands that we haven't conducted a *war* of defense in a good half century. Does he just want to go expand the vastness of the Empire? Conquer to conquer? Perhaps he's a little sick in the head and just wants to see brains shattered or entire villages blown to pieces?
She answered you already, serve the country (have you heard of that?) They are the special breed.

My brother went in and became the 0321 Marine (recon). He graduated from Berkeley after his military service. There are many different reasons why a person decided to join the military. How they serve is what really matters.

Look, I know a lot of Marines who actually respect their enemies, doesn't mean they won't kill them. Nothing really personal.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:23 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
She answered you already, serve the country (have you heard of that?) They are a special breed.

My brother went in and became the 0321 Marine (recon). He graduated from Berkeley after his military service. There are many different reasons why a person decided to join the military. How they serve is what really matters.
That's the problem... you're not serving your country. You're serving the interests of corporations, special interests groups and foreign nations.

Want to serve? Become a doctor and work pro bono. Start a charity. Coach youth sports for free.

But picking up a gun to kill people in foreign lands, for external interests that does not protect the American people?

Old 04-13-2017, 09:24 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, they really didn't. There wasn't much they could do about it. Besides, that was 15 years ago....... 15 years ago. Think we should bomb Japan again?
No.
Japan surrendered. When Al Qaeda/ISIS surrenders we should stop bombing.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
That's the problem... you're not serving your country. You're serving the interests of corporations, special interests groups and foreign nations.

Want to serve? Become a doctor and work pro bono. Start a charity. Coach youth sports for free.

But picking up a gun to kill people in foreign lands, for external interests that does not protect the American people?
Well, like I said, you claim American soldiers are dumb ass, you would pick Taliban soldiers over them.

I am telling you that you are biased to say the least.

I don't care about your talking point because I also disagree with some of the American foreign policies. However, you still don't know anything about American combat troops. We can all learn one thing or two in order to be at least a little bit fair and balanced.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Since you seemed to have missed it.

Quote:
He also had a passion like the first guy I mentioned to serve his country. Like teachers, they are a special breed.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:29 PM

428 posts, read 416,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
You're kidding, right? You think one bomb of that size is going to affect the Earth?

Wow. Science and math must not be taught in school anymore.
Sure it probably wasn't dry season in FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies