Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 03:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have NO idea what point you are trying to make.

The fed has NOTHING to do with it.

I go to a doctor, pay the bill minus what my insurance, which I pay for, pays.
If your doctor accepts medicaid or medicare, s/he is getting federal money for patient care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 04:01 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Why isn't health a political issue?
Because your access to health care, your decisions regarding your health care, etc., should not depend on who you elect into public office.

The ability for you to access cancer treatment in your 90's should not depend upon determinations made by a bureaucracy in DC that determines your value based on statistics and your value to society.

Do you not get what is going on with Obamacare and Trumpcare? Do you want to be at the mercy of Presidential elections every 4 years to know whether or not you can afford to live the way you do, or whether there will be another huge tax increase to fund the costs of millions of people with chronic illnesses who cost the system more because they eat unhealthy foods or don't exercise?

Do you want to be required to meet certain metrics like BMI or weight or activity level to receive certain treatments because the government has determined that if you are a certain BMI then you should not be entitled to a new hip or if you drink too much you don't get a new liver, etc???

You want the government to over rule your doctor on his treatment of you because a faceless bureaucracy has determined that there is another protocol that must be followed?

That is why health is NOT a political issue. It is a personal issue between a person and his/her doctor!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:05 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
We've went round and round sleepy2

You do not respect anything about my views

You want to kill innocent babies

And justify it

I took my sons friend TO HER ABORTION just recently

Funded by Medicaid

I was THERE

So don't bother telling me differently

"Viable" is the same BS used by Hitler when he slaughtered people like my AUNT

Who has downs syndrome

Deaf people

Mute people

People of Jewish Descent

And he memorized the Indian Removal Act to do it. Andrew Jacksons Death War

To justify autrocities makes you no better

How dare you or others decide who is "Viable" or otherwise they need to suffer an unimaginable slaughter, piece by piece?/

Get off your high horse, you're not that great

You think you're so "viable"

Thus you suffer the SAME FATE as the horror you wish to inflict upon others via Mass Genocide
Thirty two states + DC will honor the Hyde amendment and pay for abortion in case of incest, rape or the if of the mother is endangered. A few more might pay using state money instead of federal money.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:22 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Great, that doesn't mean they are entitled to government funding. Let them get their funding from all the donations they receive when they gin up the fear mongering that women will be left with back alley coat hanger abortions if the government doesn't give them money.

If PP is so concerned about taking care of women, their leaders would step in front of a microphone today and state that they will no longer take any federal funds. Not one cent, because women's health is not a political issue.

THEN... pigs will fly and unicorns will poop Skittles and left wingers and right wingers will join hands and sing Kumbya and Kim Jong Un will make a pact with Iran to destroy all their nukes and it will never rain again!
You are the one making it a political issue because you don't like PP, 50 years this has been an accepted but now it's right wing ideology. Requesting that just PP get defunded and not the other clinics is the definition of political. I will wait for one thread, just one that claims we should defund all title X clinics, going to be a long wait.

Last edited by Goodnight; 05-09-2017 at 04:56 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 05:27 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are the one making it a political issue because you don't like PP, 50 years this has been an accepted but now it's right wing ideology. Requesting that just PP get defunded and not the other clinics is the definition of political. I will wait for one thread, just one that claims we should defund all title X clinics, going to be a long wait.
Defund all clinics. Do not use federal tax dollars to fund health clinics. Let states fund health clinics in their states if the voters approve such funding. But get all federal tax dollars out of health care!

Old 05-09-2017, 05:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
We've went round and round sleepy2

You do not respect anything about my views

You want to kill innocent babies

And justify it

I took my sons friend TO HER ABORTION just recently

Funded by Medicaid

I was THERE

So don't bother telling me differently

"Viable" is the same BS used by Hitler when he slaughtered people like my AUNT

Who has downs syndrome

Deaf people

Mute people

People of Jewish Descent

And he memorized the Indian Removal Act to do it. Andrew Jacksons Death War

To justify autrocities makes you no better

How dare you or others decide who is "Viable" or otherwise they need to suffer an unimaginable slaughter, piece by piece?/

Get off your high horse, you're not that great

You think you're so "viable"

Thus you suffer the SAME FATE as the horror you wish to inflict upon others via Mass Genocide
uh, what? Your posts are a jumble of incoherence wrapped in hysteria. So you scheduled an abortion, then you had a miscarriage or did you....you're crying about abortion but then recently drove your sons friend to get an abortion? You really stand by your convictions, don't you?

Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Defund all clinics. Do not use federal tax dollars to fund health clinics. Let states fund health clinics in their states if the voters approve such funding. But get all federal tax dollars out of health care!
Congress just wants to defund PP, they don't care about the funding.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Whether you agree with their practice or not, PP does a lot of good for the community. For starters, they provide STD testing. What I find interesting about certain people is that they're so against abortions and other forms of birth control, but yet when the child actually gets here, they want to eliminate all means to help them and their parents.

because why is it always someone else's job to pay for peoples existence?

Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Trump offered the choice to PP continue funding MINUS the abortion funding...

There IS NO FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ABORTIONS. Period. It's illegal.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
There IS NO FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ABORTIONS. Period. It's illegal.
You are correct. I'm amazed the anti-abortion loons don't know that.

You'd think they'd be happy that there's no federal funding for abortions.

But, I guess some of them will not be satisfied until they've forced women into back alleys again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies