Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 10:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

What you are referring to is standard Ob/gyn care. I don't see anything on that list about: "cholesterol screening diabetes screening physical exams, including for employment and sports flu vaccines help with quitting smoking high blood pressure screening tetanus vaccines thyroid screening". That is not standard PP care. I have never, and I mean never, heard of PP doing sports physicals. Maintaining vaccines supplies is a lot of work and unless a lot of vaccines are given many offices don't do it. They refer you out.
Exactly.

Seems that PP is trying to prove it's worth outside of women's health issues, so it's become a drive thru for everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 05:46 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
But are they things that can be gotten in any number of other places? My gripe is the government supporting something that is already available at any health clinic. It is the same way I feel about PBS. I enjoy watching it, but they have commercials now anyway, so why should the government waste tax dollars on it?
I read somewhere that O Care wa supposed to take care of all these types of treatments.

If so, why do we need duplicity?

Old 05-08-2017, 10:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
For something that allegedly makes up only 3% of what they do they sure are eager to keep doing it.
Because poor women NEED it.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
What you are referring to is standard Ob/gyn care. I don't see anything on that list about:

"cholesterol screening diabetes screening physical exams, including for employment and sports flu vaccines help with quitting smoking high blood pressure screening tetanus vaccines thyroid screening".

That is not standard PP care. I have never, and I mean never, heard of PP doing sports physicals. Maintaining vaccines supplies is a lot of work and unless a lot of vaccines are given many offices don't do it. They refer you out.
All the above are listed on the main PP website as available in many, not all, of their health centers.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
All the above are listed on the main PP website as available in many, not all, of their health centers.
OK, I looked up PP's main Denver office. Turns out they do offer some of those services.
The "General Health Care" is quite limited, basically anemia testing, cholesterol screening, diabetes screening
high blood pressure screening, smoking cessation, thyroid screening. If your tests are abnormal, they refer you to another doctor.
Vaccines-just the HPV vaccine. Men's health care is for a few problems of the reproductive organs.

All of this is good.
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/he...=local-listing

The other Denver/Boulder offices offer the same, but are not open as many hours as this central office.

No physical exams for sports or employment though.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
OK, I looked up PP's main Denver office. Turns out they do offer some of those services.
The "General Health Care" is quite limited, basically anemia testing, cholesterol screening, diabetes screening
high blood pressure screening, smoking cessation, thyroid screening. If your tests are abnormal, they refer you to another doctor.
Vaccines-just the HPV vaccine. Men's health care is for a few problems of the reproductive organs.

All of this is good.
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/he...=local-listing

The other Denver/Boulder offices offer the same, but are not open as many hours as this central office.

No physical exams for sports or employment though.
A simple question, is PP a business or a charity?

In either case they should have to stand on their ON by charging enough of getting enough donations.

The fed should stay out of it.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
A simple question, is PP a business or a charity?

In either case they should have to stand on their ON by charging enough of getting enough donations.

Is your doctor's office a business or a charity?

No medicaid payments for your doc, or any doc. That's the "fed" you know.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Since Planned Parenthood states no Government funding goes towards abortions, how is they state that women wont have a safe place to do them? There are thousands of abortion clinics in the USA, so I call BS on their part. Truth is, the funding supports all operations of doing abortions indirectly. Correct.
Simply, They take the public funds and put most of it in their pocket. It is a money making venture for them. Without public money they have no profit. Shut them down heath care will be there by real doctors and nurses. Never has PP been about providing any kind of aid. It has always been Agenda driven and profit orientated.
It is a play on words, but its no different than how our politicians do illegal things and get away with it. They wordsmith to their constituents.
You forgot to mention that selling the baby parts from the aborted babies brought in additional income. I would think it could be a self-supporting venture for them to the point they would need their abortion clinics funded. Wasn't the money coming in for baby parts rather generous?

Following the history of PP, eugenics, eliminating poor minorities is more of a goal than providing a safe place for the lives of babies to be terminated. Just look at the location of their abortion clinics, if you look at their list of clinics, it tells which perform abortions.

Again, I want to emphasis that terminating the lives of babies IS NOT women's healthcare. That PP insists on performing abortions and using any public funds is wrong and shows that eugenics and eliminating certain "portions" of our population are more important to them than providing actual care of women's health issues, again, which is not terminating the lives of babies.

Personally, I think the "women's health care" thing was a sham and just a way to continue strategically placing abortion clinics to try to eliminate certain "segments" of our population.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
They are ONLY defunding the abortions, that's it.
They were never funded. You have been lied to.

Quote:
Trump offered the choice to PP continue funding MINUS the abortion funding
That only shows the depth of his ignorance.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
You falsely accused me of not posting valid links while you posted JUST ONE.

We've been in this conversation for a while now. You've gotten PLENTY of links.

Government supports abortion PERIOD

Those that advocate for the torture and killing of the innocent have no problems lying here, over and over,

But considering the horror being pushed upon us, why would I be dumb enough to give the benefit of the doubt??

But I still try to see the good in people.

But... it's not like I didn't expect you to come forward sooner or later getting sneaky

And soon, sneakier

Only you are deciding who is viable, not me. And trying to engage me in the discussion

One that people like you, Hitler, and Andrew Jackson engage in which results in the torture of innocent victims and murder. And others

Only you, and others you are in good company with, ^^ use that as an excuse to slaughter innocent human beings
If you believe that killing of the innocents is wrong, do you also advocate to disband the military and disarm the police?

How is an embryo an innocent and a 3 year old killed in a drone attack not? Are kids killed as collateral damage any less innocent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies