Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I can tell that you're very young. In all do respect, wait until you get older and you'll understand. The rich are the ones taking the risks, they're creating business, they're the ones employing people. They're creating jobs. Why is that a bad thing? There's no reason to getting so hung over on percentages, especially if you don't know what it means. I don't know if you supported Sanders but if you do...Bernie Sanders doesn't know anything about businesses. He doesn't know what it's like to pay anybody.

But, what about the bottom 90% of tax payers. Bottom 47% pays no income tax. Top 10% pays 70% of it. That means the middle 43% pays 30%. The 10% are carrying us on their back and Bernie wants to break their leg for not going fast enough.
Income Tax is not the only source of revenue for Federal, State or Local Government. There are lot of other taxes like Ad-Valorem Tax, Sales tax which eevrybody generates - Rich or Poor, Employed, unemployed everyone contributes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You seriously think this?
Seems like a logical follow from your point. That is why I asked the question. I never said any taxes were theft.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:29 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Actually yes. Both only owner ran and hire just family. But I have volunteered and worked some of their events.
Great opportunities to network.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

For the record, hurting your back does not cause weight gain. I have a very bad back, so I know this.
This I can agree with. I have broke mine as a teenager and I am skinny. Of course I have never had it hurt like it has in the last couple years though. I keep thinking it is age related, but could be arthritis.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
They expect we should live in dumps because we don't make big bucks.

I am all for universal health care. But you are not making very good arguments. You ARE basically saying here you want someone else to subsidize your lifestyle.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Great opportunities to network.
I am a social person and always networking.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:33 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
I didn't plan my life like this. I started putting on weight when I hurt my back. I'm not asking you to fund me.
Quote:
Sorry, got carried away with my stories. I am not asking anyone to give me any things.
Quote:
They expect we should live in dumps because we don't make big bucks.
Quote:
I don't think nobody should be punished. We all need to share more. Some greedy rich people need to pay more. I think that's fair. Why should I have to scrape by each month?
Your statements contradict themselves.

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Oh then 12 years to go. But then my income drops significantly then because of child support ended.
uhm child support is not supposed to be your income... its what the egg donor mother or sperm donor father gives the other to help raise her/his kids

you shouldn't have been 'banking' on child support as an income

Quote:
I don't think nobody should be punished. We just all need to share more. Some greedy rich people need to pay more. I think that's fair. Why should I have to scrape by each month?
Woa. You ARE saying you want someone to subsidize your lifestyle.That's not right.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
I don't think nobody should be punished. We just all need to share more. Some greedy rich people need to pay more. I think that's fair. Why should I have to scrape by each month?
Why? Because you eat too much.

And you don't think stealing someone's heard earned money to fund your chosen lifestyle is a punishment?

You think it's fair that greedy rich people pay more. I think lazy losers should take less. I'd call this a wash.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies