Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Your statements contradict themselves.
I honestly don't know why anyone is bothering to respond st this point. It's such obvious fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
I didn't plan my life like this. I started putting on weight when I hurt my back. I'm not asking you to fund me.

Oh but you ARE asking, no demanding, we pay for a portion of what you consume. By demanding we fund your healthcare, because you wouldn't push yourself away from the dinner table, eating gobs more calories than you were burning, causing additional health problems yet we the collective are somehow responsible for your lot in life, responsible to pay for your healthcare, probably even pay for the very food you stay fat on?

Wow... just WoW!

Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Right wing, left wing... war in general... There is constitutionally enumerated authority for our federal government to engage in war. I don't care for most of that war, regardless if done by a right winger or a left winger BUT at least they have the constitutional authority to engage in war.

There is no constitutional authority to take from one in order to give benevolence (charity) to another.

James Madison (known as the Father of the Constitution because he wrote most of it) said, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Hmm, ok, so I consider a huge portion of the 800 bil DOD budget to be just that. So how do I get reimbursed?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
While I personally would rather pay for my own healthcare due to circumstances I cannot though I don't really use it much anyway. I take supplements/herbs instead. I avoid going to the doctor as much as I can..unless I'm really in a panic I don't even go for physical checkups. The only doctor I regularly see is the therapist.
However I can understand for other people they don't have the capability of avoiding the doctor like I do because they have worse physical conditions. I don't see the big deal. I'd be happy just to have a job I could tolerate (if I can't tolerate it I don't apply because I know I won't be able to sell myself) so whether I'm paying for someone else's healthcare in taxes, it's not that much. At least I'm getting paid SOMETHING. It always gets me when employed people grumble about taxes. How about being grateful someone actually gave you a chance? Some of us don't have that luxury and get rejected for every job we apply for. I'd love to trade positions with you if it's that much of a bother. You can take my free healthcare and I'll take your job (like I said I'd love to have it that way where I was making a steady income). I don't even really want it anyway when they throw medicine at you half the time. The only thing I want to keep is the therapy because it's probably necessary with all my mental problems but even then if I had a job I'd probably be paying for my own therapy sessions.
It's not really that much the way it's been set up because it's a collective effort, not even remotely the same as theft. The world is a circle literally so it can easily be figuratively. You pay for them partially and that ensures they have a chance to get back into the workforce. It comes back to you because then they are paying for you when you're too sick to work. I'm also okay with it because when I think about it it might even go further. They might be a person who knows who knows a person who has also spent money helping an inspiration of mine succeed. I just sounded really confusing but if you think circularly you'll get what I'm saying.
As much as I'm a loner I know that the world is connected. Pocahontas said it best "we are all connected to each other in a circle in a hoop that never ends"

The only problem I would have for paying taxes for healthcare is whether I'm paying into Big Pharma because the more medicine they give them the more they need but I don't know everyone's situation so maybe some actually have no other option. I know some medications are a necessarily evil as much as I believe in the natural way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

For the record, hurting your back does not cause weight gain. I have a very bad back, so I know this.
Most likely it's not hurting your back directly but if your back hurts enough you're not going to be able to put 100 percent in your fitness.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:39 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
I don't think nobody should be punished. We just all need to share more. Some greedy rich people need to pay more. I think that's fair. Why should I have to scrape by each month?

Because you haven't EARNED living a different lifestyle. Your existence does not grant you a right to what another has earned. How can you not see your demands are THEFT?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm child support is not supposed to be your income... its what the egg donor mother or sperm donor father gives the other to help raise her/his kids

you shouldn't have been 'banking' on child support as an income
It is what I use to help cover our expenses and yes, when I had to apply for a mortgage, it is counted as income.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Most likely it's not hurting your back directly but if your back hurts enough you're not going to be able to put 100 percent in your fitness.
It is entirely possible to maintain a reasonable weight with diet alone.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
I was not talking about me i get by by living cheap. I learned to cut back on my cokes and only order from the dollar manu at McDonalds. But others have it bad because there ain't many good jobs.
Are you for real? Hurt your back?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
I was not talking about me i get by by living cheap. I learned to cut back on my cokes and only order from the dollar manu at McDonalds. But others have it bad because there ain't many good jobs.

Anyone still responding deserves their aggravation.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:46 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
No.

You have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The right to life means no one can take it from you, it does not mean that you are entitled to the labor of someone else to prolong it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies