Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,130 times

Advertisements

Not a human right but just like any developed, developing or undeveloped country, there should be some system of taxpayer subsidized healthcare system for every citizen of the country. Right now, the spiralling cost of medical treatment and expensive Insurance plans have been a pain to many people.
Transportation is not any basic human right but Government do spend money on airports, ports, light rail, bridges, highways. Same way Government should run Hospitals too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
I think the rich can pay. I see them wasting money that could be used to give everyone the basics.
I'll ask you again, since you did not answer: how long will the "rich" people continue to work hard for their money, only to have it stolen from them to pay someone else's basics?

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
By that argument, how is it not stealing to take MY money to fund various right wing wars?

Right wing, left wing... war in general... There is constitutionally enumerated authority for our federal government to engage in war. I don't care for most of that war, regardless if done by a right winger or a left winger BUT at least they have the constitutional authority to engage in war.

There is no constitutional authority to take from one in order to give benevolence (charity) to another.

James Madison (known as the Father of the Constitution because he wrote most of it) said, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Old 05-10-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
But because we cannot all have high salaries, those that do, should cover the shortfalls for those that can't make big money.
Why on earth should that be the case? You do realize you're advocating theft, don't you?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
By that argument, how is it not stealing to take MY money to fund various right wing wars?
You seriously think this?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
We do need that. It would be easy to go Medicaid for all. There is a lot of money in this country that can pay and we would all have free care.

Nothing (good or service) is free in life. Someone must pay. You just want to sit on your rear demanding someone else pay for your goods and services.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Your kids will grow up and your expenses will decrease. You'll have the flexibility to move to a more affordable and smaller home.
Oh then 12 years to go. But then my income drops significantly then because of child support ended.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Your all making guesses about my life. Yes I made bad choices but everyone does. I'm not asking nobody for nothing. I'm just saying that some people need help in this life. God willing I have a few more years left and I would like to be able to enjoy them without having to wurry.
Actually, you are. You are asking the "rich" to pay for your healthcare.

You've made bad choices, the "rich" have made good ones. Why should they be punished, and you rewarded?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:27 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Have you tried applying at the wineries you frequent on the weekends?
Actually yes. Both only owner ran and hire just family. But I have volunteered and worked some of their events.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I didn't plan my life like this. I started putting on weight when I hurt my back. I'm not asking you to fund me.
Yes, you are. You want "free" healthcare.

For the record, hurting your back does not cause weight gain. I have a very bad back, so I know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies