Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 12:00 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,824,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
It's really just too damn bad that whining and poor-mouthing one's condition on the internet doesn't pay anything, because people sure spend a lot of their free time doing it.

Why isn't the person that was being replied to working a 2nd job if they're only making $10K? Why do they have internet if they only make $10K? I bet that person has a smart phone with internet on it as well.

At what point are we allowed to look at another person and proclaim, "Your lot in life is precisely what it is due to YOUR effort, education talent and choices"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 12:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
I've tried looking for other work. It's very hard.
I'm not talking about work. But I have a feeling you kinda already know that.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:01 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,203,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
How is it an attack by my demanding to know, by what right one claims a portion of what I or anyone else earns to pay for anything they WANT?

What right do YOU have to my earnings, and WHY do you think you have ANY right to it?

That isn't attacking, that is asking a question of someone seeking to engage in THEFT.

How am I responsible for that person's lot in life. 20 years working and they still make little money? Again, how is that my responsibility or the responsibility of anyone but the person making those earnings?
By that argument, how is it not stealing to take MY money to fund various right wing wars?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
But because we cannot all have high salaries, those that do, should cover the shortfalls for those that can't make big money.
Wrong. Your lifestyle choices got you to where you are today. Ride them out and take care of your own business. Things will get better if you stay the course. Whining about it online all the time does nothing but wear your mind out.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM

25,854 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Nationalized healthcare would be smart business, but when do we ever do anything smart around here.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,042,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Wrong. Your lifestyle choices got you to where you are today. Ride them out and take care of your own business. Things will get better if you stay the course. Whining about it online all the time does nothing but wear your mind out.
So keep riding it out and my salary will increase? Is this sort of like stop looking for a man and one will appear? Cause that is working out splendidly...not.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
So keep riding it out and my salary will increase? Is this sort of like stop looking for a man and one will appear? Cause that is working out splendidly...not.
Your kids will grow up and your expenses will decrease. You'll have the flexibility to move to a more affordable and smaller home.

3,617 posts, read 1,824,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
It makes sense. I get what you mean. I agree it's inherent. But...every belief system is based on something that is unproven. Every single one. To say something is a human right means nothing. Where do you get them? From your basis of human rights. It's just feelings which is essentially, subjective.

Human rights starts with the most basic right in that YOU own your own body. No one else in the world has ANY claim in you or your body. To say they do would imply you are a serf or a slave. Are you a serf or a slave? Of course not.

If you own your body, you own your thoughts. By extension you own your speech. Also by extension, you own ANYTHING your body and mind can produce. You have a right to be and remain free, i.e. have Liberty. You have a right to pursue your own best interests. You don't have a right to succeed in the pursuit, but you do have a right to pursue those interests. Again, to make a claim to the contrary implies you are a serf or a slave.

Basic natural human rights are inherent because you exist. That some violate those rights does not negate the FACT that you have those rights.

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Quote:
But because we cannot all have high salaries, those that do, should cover the shortfalls for those that can't make big money.
Of course not. One doesn't need a high salary to afford health insurance. One needs to learn to budget the money they have. I had neighbors, they had a child, since they weren't illegal aliens, they had to pay the bill themselves. She worked a full-time job, the husband worked a full-time job and 2 part-time jobs and they paid the bill they ran up at the hospital. They weren't even complaining about it or wanting anyone else to pay it for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Why isn't the person that was being replied to working a 2nd job if they're only making $10K? Why do they have internet if they only make $10K? I bet that person has a smart phone with internet on it as well.

At what point are we allowed to look at another person and proclaim, "Your lot in life is precisely what it is due to YOUR effort, education talent and choices"?
If they making $10K, that person should apply for Medicaid or simply do what most people do, pay as they go. There are clinics most places with sliding scales and charitable organizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
By that argument, how is it not stealing to take MY money to fund various right wing wars?
Yeah, and if I don't have kids, why should pay for the schools? Why should I be forced to have pregnancy covered if I am too old or sterile? Why should I have pay taxes to support the National Park system when I don't use it?

Liberals want to bring it down to free stuff at the personal level. Not "good of the country" but the "me, me, me" thing.

I realize it is a foreign concept to liberals, but there is something called "personal responsibility", something mommy and daddy obviously failed to teach, so blame them for having to face the harsh reality involved in the real world, not everyone else who already has enough burden without adding that of the liberals looking for "free, free, free".

Old 05-10-2017, 12:10 PM

32,818 posts, read 19,511,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
Well, this isn't about me but I can't work much because i have health problems. I run a yardsale most weekends in summer and a few little odd cleaning jobs for some rich people. Not everyone can be rich.
ok so you have health problems

do they prevent you from working a steady job?? do these heath conditions prevent you from obtaining a skill?

if so they why haven't you gotten disability??

if you cant work, or don't have a job, then why aren't you getting assistance from the very generous government and are on Medicaid??

you stated later that with your obesity come lung problems.... I will aso add diabetes, and lower joint problems too..........ALL covered under SSDI and other disability probrams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies