Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,506,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
Rich people can afford to pay and should. Many of us need care and we don't get it. I believe a takeover of healthcare by the government is needed to fix things. Look how terrible Medicaid is run. Only the government can fix that.
uhm medicaid is government

the government is the problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 11:44 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
how is it you barely make over 10k??? less than min wage??? what do you do deliver newspapers??

find a better job that fits your skill set
It's really just too damn bad that whining and poor-mouthing one's condition on the internet doesn't pay anything, because people sure spend a lot of their free time doing it.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:46 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,317,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Agreed on the rest, but the first sentence is where a lot of people go off track. Rights are inherent and not dependent on the whims of other people. They are moral statements (like right and wrong), so a right simply describes what you're allowed to rightfully do, meaning it's a "wrong" if anyone tries to violate those rights.

They may choose to violate your rights, but your rights are always the same. For example, you have the right to give your opinion on any issue without punishment. Even if other people decide you don't have that right and use the government to silence you, you still have that right. They are wrong, regardless of what the law says.

Not sure how clearly I explained that, but hopefully it makes sense.

Some may ask where these rights come from, and I'm not sure that's even necessary to answer (although I could get into it, but it's a very long discussion). All you need to do is look at the alternative: If rights are NOT treated as inherent, and they are simply granted to you or revoked by the government, that means the government is essentially God. They can change right and wrong. If they decide you have no rights, and it's okay to kill you, or rape you, or steal from you, or anything else, then it's okay.

By that logic, government can do no wrong!
It makes sense. I get what you mean. I agree it's inherent. But...every belief system is based on something that is unproven. Every single one. To say something is a human right means nothing. Where do you get them? From your basis of human rights. It's just feelings which is essentially, subjective.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:49 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,824,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Is this post for real?

The poster stated she goes to work long hours everyday and you respond by attacking her?

How is it an attack by my demanding to know, by what right one claims a portion of what I or anyone else earns to pay for anything they WANT?

What right do YOU have to my earnings, and WHY do you think you have ANY right to it?

That isn't attacking, that is asking a question of someone seeking to engage in THEFT.

How am I responsible for that person's lot in life. 20 years working and they still make little money? Again, how is that my responsibility or the responsibility of anyone but the person making those earnings?

Old 05-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I barely make $10,000 a year as it is. Only rich people should pay more taxes and they have more than enough money to pay. Just imagine if we could provide care for everybody. There is no reason people need two homes or many cars or wasteful things.

Whose fault is it that you make 10K a year, MINE, someone else?

Old 05-10-2017, 11:52 AM

17,404 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
I barely make $10,000 a year as it is. Only rich people should pay more taxes and they have more than enough money to pay. Just imagine if we could provide care for everybody. There is no reason people need two homes or many cars or wasteful things.
And how long do you think those "rich" will stand working hard, when you sit around doing nothing, yet you both benefit equally? I'll help you out here: not long.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Rich people can afford to pay and should. Many of us need care and we don't get it. I believe a takeover of healthcare by the government is needed to fix things. Look how terrible Medicaid is run. Only the government can fix that.

PuhLEASE... I double dog dare you to bring your $10K/year earning rear to MY home and try to take that which you think you are entitled of MY earnings. I dare you.

You want to use your vote to STEAL from others. By what right do you make ANY claim to what another has earned?

Old 05-10-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
How do you suggest I improve my lot in life? 10 years ago I made more than twice minimum wage. Now I am very close to minimum wage. Why? Because minimum wage went up in my state, but my salary did not increase. I have tried to buy foreclosures and flip them on the side to help with housing costs. But at this point, I am fresh out of ideas and my body is getting to old and worn out to work this darn hard to get no where.

So far I have tried college courses, obtained profession certificates, taken tests to obtain professional licenses including real estate and insurance.

I have tried small companies, large companies, private sector. I have applied to over 100 government jobs in the last 13 years. I actually have kept track on a spreadsheet.

So by all means, tell me how I can increase my wages. $60-$70k annually would be great.

Your lot in life is a result of YOUR efforts, intelligence, sacrifice and education... NOT mine.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was anyone's fault but some people need help. My obesity problems mean I can't breathe that well without my oxygen. It's very hard to get a job in my confotion
Aw geez. You're not even trying here.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:59 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,040,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Your lot in life is a result of YOUR efforts, intelligence, sacrifice and education... NOT mine.
But because we cannot all have high salaries, those that do, should cover the shortfalls for those that can't make big money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies