Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 02:43 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
For one thing, that sort of garb keeps women down. In this country we try to give men and women equal treatment so it doesn't fit in with our way of life.
You are correct. This is how it should be. My wife has been here since the sixties and has never worn either the veil or the burqa. These are neither required by the Qur'an nor needed in the UK. These are not needed for another religious matter but that is for the religious discussion. Suffice to say here that there is no requirement for them in the Qur'an. When Muslim women go for hajj to Mecca, they do not cover their faces. Why should they cover them in the UK?

Quote:
If you have ever been to the North in the UK you will have seen huge groups of women dressed in black from head to toe with only slits for them to see through. There are entire cities nearly full of them. That sort of thing doesn't provide a good example for our young girls growing up. We preach equality--let them show some equality too if they want to live here.
You are correct.

My wife had that equality ever since she came here. There is of course this problem but it is caused by mainly middle-eastern men from Arab countries. It is in their culture. They need to leave this type of culture behind and adopt the new progressive culture here. That is the way forward.

Quote:
Have you seen first hand the way their woman are treated by the men? I have. In no way does it fit in with our American way of life.
Some do but not ALL. My wife and my married daughters have never been treated like that. None wear the veil or burqa.

Quote:
The more enlightened and moderate Muslims need to start speaking up. One benefit to them would be that they wouldn't be lumped in with the fanatics.
Muslims do speak up that the veil or burqa is not a requirement in Islam. This is the correct reason for speaking up and not for the fear of a loony lumping them all with the fanatics.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:47 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Cavafr
Is an Islamic term and is meant by every human being who does not believe in Islam and in the Prophet Muhammad
If there is a war between an Islamic state that applies Islamic law and a non-Islamic state, Muslims will win
You are the creator of Aljzzip
This principle is to be poured into the victorious Muslim ruler
And also become your state of the spoils of war is permissible for Muslims
You can learn the spoils of war from Islamic law
In every war, with or without being religion related, there are spoils of war. Muslims think about personal gain. The foot soldiers hope to gain the property of the losers as their leaders teach them. Once they find out that only the leaders will receive spoils and not themselves, the ranks of the foot soldiers break apart and return home. Power and money guides them, without either there is nothing worth fighting for. This is a the basis for Tribal groups to exist as the religion in reality is secondary even though it's reported as being primary. The religious fanatics is comparatively small compared to the entire group. Religious fanatics do it as small groups, while newer recruits always start with a large following as what just occurred in the Philippines. But diminish in quantity when nothing materialistic is seen on the horizon.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:53 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Unhappy UK police stop sharing information on Manchester attack with U.S. after leaks

Reuters
British police have stopped sharing information on the suicide bombing in Manchester with the United States, the BBC reported on Thursday, because of fears that leaks in the U.S. media could hinder a hunt for a possible bomb-maker still at large.
If confirmed, the halt to the sharing investigative details with Britain's most important defence and security ally would underscore the level of anger in Britain at leaks to the U.S. media of details about the police investigation.
UK police stop sharing information on Manchester attack with U.S. after leaks

The media needs to stop reporting ANYTHING that comes out of that lying MORON'S mouth!
LOCK HIM UP!

Old 05-25-2017, 05:05 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
The liberals have ruined America.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:05 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Unfortunately I cant blame them.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The liberals have ruined America.
What the... er heck does that have to do with Trump leaking?

Old 05-25-2017, 05:30 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I saw him on the news. He refused to answer questions afterwards. I want to see more than a so called 'community leader', and I want to see more of it than lip service.

I watched the Albert Square Meeting on the news last night. A chance for people to gather, and show support. Muslims were thin on the ground. I did see a couple of women. The men are the ones leading the Muslim agenda. The women just do as they're told.

We need real change in Muslim attitudes here in England. Years and years of parallel societies, and massive abuse of young white girls in many towns, by Muslims.

This not something out of the blue, but a steady increase in Muslim violence, and abuse of young girls over many years. By their actions, they show no respect for non Muslims. We need to see real change in their attitudes, and a true condemning of IS, and all it stands for. Too many of their young men have gone to fight in the middle east, and are now coming back trained in killing.

We cannot allow murder to become normalised, and something we have to learn to accept.
I also saw, several women, but not enough, surely not enough, and your right the men do lead their women, in the end, when your married to someone, their belief is, "You do what your told", and if you do not, you will get beat or worse.

Please forgive me if I've repeated myself, I have a real hard time remembering sometimes....but, years ago, I had a girlfriend, who had a neighbor, who was from England, and he refused to go back home to even visit, b/c of all this, and this was years ago....and I've said this before on this forum, and there is always someone who disputes it...

But I know he wasn't lying....

Your correct, we cannot allow murder to desensitize us.

My question to everyone reading this....what if it was your child who didn't return home?

Old 05-25-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You are correct. This is how it should be. My wife has been here since the sixties and has never worn either the veil or the burqa. These are neither required by the Qur'an nor needed in the UK. These are not needed for another religious matter but that is for the religious discussion. Suffice to say here that there is no requirement for them in the Qur'an. When Muslim women go for hajj to Mecca, they do not cover their faces. Why should they cover them in the UK?

You are correct.

My wife had that equality ever since she came here. There is of course this problem but it is caused by mainly middle-eastern men from Arab countries. It is in their culture. They need to leave this type of culture behind and adopt the new progressive culture here. That is the way forward.

Some do but not ALL. My wife and my married daughters have never been treated like that. None wear the veil or burqa.

Muslims do speak up that the veil or burqa is not a requirement in Islam. This is the correct reason for speaking up and not for the fear of a loony lumping them all with the fanatics.
I have heard this before, from someone else, whose mother has been her for years, and she hasn't worn any burqa....

but as I said, and please forgive me, I mean no disrespect, but it is a very primitive belief which in most you cannot change....it takes generations to do so and most do still live in fear....of the fanatics.....

Thank you for helping us understand....

Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It took me 2 seconds to find them speaking out against it.

Manchester Arena attack: Muslim leaders condemn

Muslim leaders have condemned the suicide attack that killed 22 people and claimed that the city would not be divided by “barbaric animals”.

Mohammed Shafiq, the chief executive of Ramadhan Foundation in Manchester, said in a statement that the deadly explosion at the Ariana Grande concert was the “darkest day” in the city’s history.

Arab, Muslim leaders strongly condemn Manchester terror assault | Arab News

Arab, Muslim leaders strongly condemn Manchester terror assault

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia on Tuesday joined Arab and Muslim world leaders in condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, England.

An official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement expressing the Kingdom’s strong condemnation of Monday’s bomb attack.
Finn, I don't believe you understand, what we're referring to are not Leaders coming forward, but the Muslim people themselves, your every day person living here, and in other countries....not enough of them come forward due to fear.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:46 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I also saw, several women, but not enough, surely not enough, and your right the men do lead their women, in the end, when your married to someone, their belief is, "You do what your told", and if you do not, you will get beat or worse.

Please forgive me if I've repeated myself, I have a real hard time remembering sometimes....but, years ago, I had a girlfriend, who had a neighbor, who was from England, and he refused to go back home to even visit, b/c of all this, and this was years ago....and I've said this before on this forum, and there is always someone who disputes it...

But I know he wasn't lying....

Your correct, we cannot allow murder to desensitize us.

My question to everyone reading this....what if it was your child who didn't return home?
There was a lady on the telly news two days ago, holding a photo of her 15 year old daughter who was missing. She held the photo to the camera begging people to look for her daughter. She was hoping she had been taken in by folks in Manchester, or maybe she was injured, and couldn't phone her mother. She found out yesterday her daughter is dead. I can't imagine the pain of that family.

I visit Spain a lot, and talk to folks from England who left to live there. I never meet any who want to go home. It isn't home anymore. Large parts of my country are overrun with a foreign culture, and we are told to shut up, and accept it. Anything else said, and we are just racists. My country has been invaded, not just by Muslims who hate us, but by Eastern Europeans as well. Many are good people like the Polish folk, but we have also got stuck with Eastern European gypsy pickpockets and thieves.

The politicians, and the rich folk still live in nice areas of England, of which there are many. Far away from the problems the ordinary people of this country have had forced on them. We voted for Brexit in the hope somehow, we would be listened to at last, and that we have had enough of unlimited immigration. We are sick of hearing of the benefits of 'diversity' and multiculturalism.' The politicians are now back on the campaign trail for the upcoming General Election. I wouldn't like to be them facing the wrath of angry voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies