Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:01 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Get off your soapbox about the damn hospital already. The thread is about something else.
He brings up that hospital as an example in every thread about military and war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No we don't. That's why we use drones as opposed to troops. If it had been 100 American troops killed then people would get upset and start having second thoughts about all of this. As long as they are innocent Iraqi's or Afghan's or Syrians we can excuse it away.

They are no different than you or I.
It might be a different war as well if Islamic terrorists only killed Western politicians and their families were the collateral damage.

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
a video????? Go away, you just lost ALL credibility.
You miss the point. The government routinely lies to us about their screw ups. Do they not? And you believe them when it suits your purpose and condemn them when it does not.

There was no video. There is no taking out just 20%.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:02 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
They knew the building that had been designated by local allies. If there had been American eyes on the ground (forward air controllers...which is a Special Operations occupation), those might have been able to discern that civilians were in the building.

As it was, the targeteers made a presumption that there might have been civilians and selected a weapon that would do limited damage to the building, striking precisely the point of the building where the snipers were reported to be.

How do you think they could know that the building was rigged?
What do you mean how could they know? They couldn't and that was my point. Civilian casualties will always happen in war. It's part of the game. If that bothers people, don't enlist.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You will never leave me out of it.
I don't think this is in any way funny.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Get off your soapbox about the damn hospital already. The thread is about something else.
No, it's all about the same thing.......us killing hundreds and thousands of innocent people for reasons no one can explain.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I don't think this is in any way funny.
Yes, it is pretty funny that you pretend that you know everything.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:07 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
We knew what it was.

If "we" knew, why didn't you get the aircrew on the radio and wave them off?

Nobody in the American chain of command knew that the building that aircrew was rolling in on that night was that hospital. They believed they were rolling in on a

Did someone somewhere have the hospital on a list of no-shoot installations? Yes. Was that guy in the operational loop at the moment? No.

Did that aircrew at that moment know that was a hospital in their sights? No. They actually believed they were looking at a multi-story, multi-wing administration building that wasn't far away. And they had been trained that a hospital would be marked in accordance with the Geneva Conventions.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
No, it's all about the same thing.......us killing hundreds and thousands of innocent people for reasons no one can explain.
Nobody likes it. But if there is a war, civilians are going to die.

The only solution is to stop the war.

Plus, take that "hospital" you like to bring up as an example, we know that we made mistakes, and we are trying our best to avoid Civilian casualties.
My friend lost an arm due to friendly fire, it is not like he is going to blame the troops. My brother lost his best friend in a military training. Things like this happen!

Nobody is arguing with you about your anti-war stance. I don't like all these stupid wars, either. But gee, you made it sound like avoiding civilian casualties is so easy.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
90% of the Muslims in the ME agree with ISIS. I don't care about them AT ALL.
sigh.....They do not.

IN NATIONS WITH SIGNIFICANT MUSLIM POPULATIONS, MUCH DISDAIN FOR ISIS

It's about each contries government. Shocking, that government can be bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies