Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 04:37 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Did anyone else notice that he seemed unsure of many of the words of the national anthem?

Total embarrassment, once again.
Yeah, he probably said " Jose, can you see, by the Don's early light........."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 04:48 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
But you have to understand, that he is obligated to play to his base of supporters. This bunch, from the dregs of society, has no recognition of such things as respect and politeness. He knows that he can't get any good responses from the rest of us, so he always has to fall back on those who share his disdain for good behavior. It's why he avoided the media in Europe, so he could hurry back to a rally in Iowa.
Every day, i witness the anger of the progressive left (on this board and on TV) & how little it takes to trigger that anger and venom.

Those of us in the middle (who supported a non-politician for the Presidency) see no problem with a person singing the anthem. (My father who served in WW2 always sang the anthem). To call 40 million people "Dregs" is not the way to make friends or influence people.

Your venom, anger and condescension is noted....as is the marginalized importance of those who continue to sit on their pitty pot & squeal in hysterics with their hair on fire.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:51 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
every day, i witness the anger of the progressive left (on this board and on tv) & how little it takes to trigger that anger and venom.

Those of us in the middle (who supported a non-politician for the presidency) see no problem with a person singing the anthem. (my father who served in ww2 always sang the anthem). To call 40 million people "dregs" is not the way to make friends or influence people.

Your venom, anger and condescension is noted....as is the marginalized importance of those who continue to sit on their pitty pot & squeal in hysterics with their hair on fire.
+1.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Trump's rendition of the National Anthem Bebop style.

HA HA HA! That made me laugh SO hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Every day, i witness the anger of the progressive left (on this board and on TV) & how little it takes to trigger that anger and venom.

Those of us in the middle (who supported a non-politician for the Presidency) see no problem with a person singing the anthem. (My father who served in WW2 always sang the anthem). To call 40 million people "Dregs" is not the way to make friends or influence people.

Who is angry? We are laughing at this national embarrassment. At him - not with him.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Did anyone else notice that he seemed unsure of many of the words of the national anthem?
Yeah.....like 96.5% of us that don't sing it every day.

It's probably best to get one's panty in a wad over something more substantive.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am not going to comment on the Obama video, other than to say , it was his choice, just as the display by Mr. Trump, was his.
I think one has to go back and study the history of our current President to fully understand why he did what he did earlier today.
It was certainly not out of disrespect, but purely an action of love for this country.

Donald Trump has always had an insatiable love affair with this country.
History of this man will show that all of you,( if you care to embark on finding the facts concerning him), are short on knowledge of Mr. Trump.

He loves his country, and the national anthem, regardless of where it is presented, is the strongest symbol of the country he loves so much.

Why would he not embrace this masterpiece with joy in his heart?
As I said, he was not disrespecting anyone, but rather showing the world he has great love for this country.

You people seriously need to lighten up, and for once realize, that unlike the previous white house tenant, we have a President that really loves,and respects his country, and all it stands for.
The playing of the national anthem is a joyous occasion for our President, regardless of where, or when it is played.

Perhaps for many of you posting in this thread, it would have been more appropriate to play the death march, instead of our national anthem.

One thing many people, including those outside this forum, should understand is, memorial day is not, and should never be, a day of mourning,but a day of celebration of the lives our service people surrendered in an effort to keep this nation free.

Rather than mourn these brave people, we should be celebrating, with joy that we had those among us who loved this country enough, to give of themselves to ensure it's continued freedom.

Bob.
Horse pucky! It's called memorial day for a reason and it ain't about celebrating anything!

Oh brother; now its a total re-write of the modicums of respect and decency shown for over two hundred years of history to suite a putz who can't keep still during a memorial service.....riiiiight!

No level to low.....

Old 05-29-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who is angry? We are laughing at this national embarrassment. At him - not with him.
There were MANY angry posts. Particularly the one I quoted.

Yours appears to be more condescending than angry. Which is also a word I used to describe the comments in this thread Starkey.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:06 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Well, then great...why are you complaining?

Because you LIED ans claimed I said it was LAW which I never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
In the instance of what we are talking about, your failure is noted....and documented...

No, in the instance of what we are talking about the failure to understand the difference between mispronouncing a word and acting in a childish manner is yours and yours alone. Congrats!

Old 05-29-2017, 05:09 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,625 times
I think this thread can officially confirm that the left has completely and totally lost their minds over Trump.

Just look at most of the posts in this thread. Enough said. Their party is in worse shape than i originally thought.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:22 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,900,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What is that affect syndrome where a person can't keep from inappropriate behavior? It seems more and more like trump has that.
Pseudobulbar affect.

It is a condition which is secondary to organic brain disorders/neurological disorders.

It is sometimes co-morbid with Alzheimer's, ADHD, and Parkinson's disease.

Sometimes it shows up after a stroke or other injury to the brain.

There are medications to treat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies