Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 03:29 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

So, nobody answered my question.

I WAS person in charge of military burials in Alaska (92 - 94) I did get mad at the way that some people acted, should I have stopped the ceremony, walked over to the family and say shut up, it's a military funeral?

There is no black and white here folks, people treat different things differently....don't like it...so what?

And if you don't get the hint, there are a lot in Alaska all within a few months....can anyone arguing figure out why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Oh, give me a break. The Star Spangled Banner is always a solemn song. And when it is played on Memorial Day, it's doubly so. It is not appropriate to lip sync and bobble head your way through it and it is not a lighthearted song for one to enjoy. One should save singing enjoyment for karaoke night at the dive bar.

I suppose we should be thankful he didn't start regaling people with tales of his struggles to avoid getting the clap which he's labeled his "personal Vietnam"

Old 05-29-2017, 03:30 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,748 times
to get respect you have to give it. we all know that saying. trump shows time and time again that he does not give respect. this was a chance for him to stand still and silent and show respect for 60 seconds at our national cemetery at an event honoring all of our fallen soldiers and he couldn't even do that. 60 seconds! stand still and keep your mouth shut. it is sad and unbelievable that that simple act of respect is asking too much from the president.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
to get respect you have to give it. we all know that saying. trump shows time and time again that he does not give respect. this was a chance for him to stand still and silent and show respect for 60 seconds at our national cemetery at an event honoring all of our fallen soldiers and he couldn't even do that. 60 seconds! stand still and keep your mouth shut. it is sad and unbelievable that that simple act of respect is asking too much from the president.
So, you understand why nobody respects the dope you voted for twice-Obama.

Trump has done more in 6 months to respect and honor the military than the racist fool you put in office ever did.

Signed, a USAF veteran

Old 05-29-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

I WAS person in charge of military burials in Alaska (92 - 94) I did get mad at the way that some people acted, should I have stopped the ceremony, walked over to the family and say shut up, it's a military funeral?

There is no black and white here folks
, people treat different things differently....don't like it...so what?

And if you don't get the hint, there are a lot in Alaska all within a few months....can anyone arguing figure out why?
Actually, in this case, there IS black & white spelled out in the US Code regarding proper behavior during the playing of the anthem.

So your excuse for Trump's poor behavior is at best: LAME

Old 05-29-2017, 03:34 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody is lecturing you.

In life not all the inappropriate behavior is written down somewhere...it just isn't appropriate at a Memorial Day SERVICE to bounce your head to the National Anthem. I would go further and say -- it isn't a happy go lucky song even at at gaming event. The bombs bursting in air -- not referencing fireworks......

Trump forgot where he was, what he was doing and you can see it.

Not to bash your losses or minimize them but that doesn't give you any more right than any of us to say that it was inappropriate.

you don't mind because it is Trump. If President Obama had done that Republicans would have been outraged.

I don't think it is appropriate even for a child to behave like that at a somber occasion and I would have given my kid the evil eye and made him stand still and respectful.

LOL! It's okee dokee for Obama to go on an 'apology tour' and bow to the Arabs though.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump has done more in 6 months to respect and honor the military than the racist fool you put in office ever did.

Signed, a USAF veteran
How has Trump "done more in 6 months to respect and honor the military"?

Old 05-29-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So, you understand why nobody respects the dope you voted for twice-Obama.

Signed, a USAF veteran
WHAT specifically would that be?

Old 05-29-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
LOL! It's okee dokee for Obama to go on an 'apology tour' and bow to the Arabs though.
Please link us to this mythical story about an alleged "apology tour".

Old 05-29-2017, 03:37 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

There is no black and white here folks, people treat different things differently....don't like it...so what?

I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies