Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 05:25 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,247,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
I think this thread can officially confirm that the left has completely lost their minds over Trump.
No it's just that Trump called Democrats disrespecting country and honor every chance and now as President he disses NATO nations over rich oil monarchs he understands Royalty with wealth. Then DOES NOT KNOW You do not sing and especially sway as if at the ballpark.

He was officially representing us all. He is suppose to understand the military more then any Democrat? Yet gives such ammunition of WHAT HE REALLY DOES NOT KNOW OF ITS FORMALLY IN SOMBER REMEMBERANCE. AGAIN ----> HE WAS NOT STANDING AT A BASEBALL GAME.

If you give the left such ammunition..( pun intended ). Then this flack is NOT FAKE NEWS to try to deny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 05:25 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
At first I thought he was drunk. I wonder if he was on some sort of medication after all the traveling? Something to give him some energy and it was too high a dose? I mean, seriously, even an ordinary man doesn't pat his chest in sync to the beat. Sometimes someone will kind of sing along but it looked dumb for the president to be doing it and nearly laughing at such a solemn time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

You're welcome. Let us know if "stand at attention" confuses you.
ALL one has to do is COMPARE what the General and Mattis is doing! It speaks volumes !

It's quite apparent that whomever has been advising him on appropriateness on certain occasions wasn't absorbed by Trump. He looked like he was enjoying the celebrations of the moment, versus the reverence for the Fallen! It's gone beyond immaturity and after his treatment of Ally's .. It's making cense now. He is actually clueless and has zero understanding of behavioural norms! This is a UUUGE red flag for those suffering dementia.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:26 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet not military, where is his uniform? Where is his cover? Man, he is breaking a lot of military regulations....

For my 5 year old, it, once again would depend on how I celebrate death. Is it that hard for you to understand?

https://www.funeralwise.com/customs/neworleans/

Dancing In The Street: New Orleans Throws A Memorial Parade For David Bowie : The Record : NPR

If you believe that there were/are no military in New Orleans....well you may have a problem...

^^^^^

Your failure is noted.....
Who are you arguing with? And what does the thing about funerals in New Orleans have to do with a Memorial Day event at Arlington?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:27 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
When you are mourning those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country, it isn't about enjoying yourself, it's about mourning those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

It seems obvious that so many have no idea what this day is about. It's not about cookouts and recreation, and having fun. It very much is (or should be) a national day of mourning. It isn't about us at all.
Not everyone wants to be "mourned".....they don't want you to be mad or irritated they are now gone.... Who should say how you do that?

Again, I've lost many friends in a single accident, none of them wanted me to cry for them.....

Old 05-29-2017, 05:30 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Left wing extremists wouldn't understand, but feel free to do your own research if you can.
Clearly, trumpissts can't or won't support their allegations. Happens all the time.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:33 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Not everyone wants to be "mourned".....they don't want you to be mad or irritated they are now gone.... Who should say how you do that?

Again, I've lost many friends in a single accident, none of them wanted me to cry for them.....
Oh yeah?!? Well shoot... I can't wait to see #45 breakdance the anthem next Memorial Day! (If he's around, that is...)

Old 05-29-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Not making any sense here Chuck.
I misspelled a word....damn....sorry.....

Quote:
I'm one who believes that respect for remembrance ceremonies for military fallen, even for the sunset ceremony and for ANY funeral for military casualties be complete and incorruptible.
What does your fellings have to do with how other react? Again, I've done numerous MILITARY funerals....been pissed at how people react....should I stop the ceremony?

Quote:
I've done my military service in the early 60's and know enough to doff cover and stand at attention when anywhere near the occasion of the striking of the flag. I even pull to the shoulder in respect for ANY passing funeral cortege.
As I, but to say everyone knows what we know is kinda stupid....

Quote:
I believe in teaching by example. How can we expect future generations to assimilate the respect for the standards if we ourselves are prepared to overlook this in our leaders?
By telling the truth...not everyone reacts the same, for whatever reason.....do you agree with that?

Quote:
Trump shows by every facet of his personal behaviour, he thinks himself above displaying respect for anyone other than those holding paper on him.
Showing respect is different per person...when he trump tapped his hands, he was in beat with the music....

Old 05-29-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Because you LIED ans claimed I said it was LAW which I never did.
Mispeaking is NOT a lie...sorry to disappoint you, but you should be use to being disappointed.....

Quote:
No, in the instance of what we are talking about the failure to understand the difference between mispronouncing a word and acting in a childish manner is yours and yours alone. Congrats!
Still don't get it....got it...failure again noted....

Old 05-29-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Who are you arguing with?
The person I quoted....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And what does the thing about funerals in New Orleans have to do with a Memorial Day event at Arlington?
Because people celebrate death differently, that's been my entire point.....I'm not sure why people (those on the left) have such a hard time understanding this.

Again, while providing Funeral detail in Alaska, not happy with some of the family members and the way they were acting, should I Have stopped the funeral, walked over there and told them to shut up?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:46 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,748 times
Quote:

mourning on memorial day service is up to the individual i think. (my opinion) so describing it for everyone as a day of mourning is not exactly correct.

however, it is about remembering and honoring those who lost their lives while serving out country in the military. i don't think you can deny that.

(p.s. you don't have to cry be mad or irritated to be in mourning)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies