Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 05:48 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Oh yeah?!? Well shoot... I can't wait to see #45 breakdance the anthem next Memorial Day! (If he's around, that is...)
Yea, and thank you....if he was here, I hope he would....my friends who passed, would enjoy it....

And yes, he has at least 7 more....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 05:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Being respectful doesn't mean you have to angry.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:52 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
mourning on memorial day service is up to the individual i think. (my opinion) so describing it for everyone as a day of mourning is not exactly correct.

however, it is about remembering and honoring those who lost their lives while serving out country in the military. i don't think you can deny that.

(p.s. you don't have to cry be mad or irritated to be in mourning)
I agree with what you say.....

Maybe you should respond to other who object to what I'm saying....????

Old 05-29-2017, 05:53 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
should I Have stopped the funeral, walked over there and told them to shut up?

did someone say the ceremony today should have been stopped because trump was over there looking like a dolt?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Well, I"m glad that some people can celebrate what appears to have been - to many people - inappropriate behavior on the part of the prez. I didn't realize that he was in mourning for anyone today (so, however he chose to express that grief would be ok), that there are absolutely no standards of behavior during the national anthem, and that lack of respect for the occasion is a very bigly ok thing. Yay! So, that really frees everyone to behave any way they want, and nobody can question their behavior. Clearly, in improvement over having standards and civility in public.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Yea, and thank you....if he was here, I hope he would....my friends who passed, would enjoy it....

And yes, he has at least 7 more....
You are going to be so disappointed...

If ever there was a time to stand still and look solemn with your hand over your heart, it was in Arlington National Cemetery during the Memorial Day service.

He is a national embarrassment.

This video reminds me of the first time I took my children to Arlington. It was about 9 years ago, I think, and we were near the Tomb of the Unknowns. It was in July and really hot out and there were some typical, pudgy, slackjawed "salt of the Earth" types (as I am sure they think of themselves) who probably had Tea Party t-shirts on and they were talking and waving their tour brochures like fans, while cracking open their water bottles and crushing them.

Sounded like idiots.

The soldier on duty was standing there in full dress and I have zero doubt that he would have loved to tell them all to shut up and show some respect.

My kids were appalled and I did not need to tell them to be. Because they have sense.

I swear, having a president like those people makes me sick.

He is the epitome of the Ugly American. A crude vulgarian with no clue in his pea brain about what good manners look like.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:04 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
There's a 100% chance Trump doesn't actually know most of the National Anthem. As far as Trump scandals go, this is pretty far down the list, but it's just one more example of the 5-year-old mentality he has. He just doesn't know how to behave in any circumstances. He seems completely out of his element at everything but one of his white nationalism, ego-stroking rallies.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Whenever I think those on the left might have more than a pea brain, they show their disgusting, ill mannered thoughts, and child-like behavior, again. Their name calling and nastiness is in their blood. I can almost see the wrinkles forming on their faces from so much anger and hate. Poor things.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:12 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times
Quote:
I agree with what you say.....

Maybe you should respond to other who object to what I'm saying....????
because i think the president was showing disrespect and you don't seem to agree with that.

we can agree that people mourn differently. people behave differently at funerals and all of that.

memorial day isn't a funeral though and it isn't a day for mourning.

remembrance and honor. that, to me, is what it is all about.

i don't do the bbq, go to the beach, have a big party like it's 4th of july thing that a lot of people do. to each their own. i do think everyone should take a moment to remember, acknowledge, honor and respect.

today is pretty much a regular day for me. BUT, i do honestly take a few moments to remember and i sit down every year and remind my son, who just turned 16, what it is all about. i don't know anyone personally who died while in the military. i have two brothers who served. neither died while serving.

it's [trump's little thing today] really not a big deal to me. i think he looked ridiculous more than anything. but it is disappointing, honestly. all he had to do was stand and respect for 60 seconds during the anthem.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Whenever I think those on the left might have more than a pea brain, they show their disgusting, ill mannered thoughts, and child-like behavior, again. Their name calling and nastiness is in their blood. I can almost see the wrinkles forming on their faces from so much anger and hate. Poor things.
You cannot be serious.

He looks like an idiot.

I guarantee you if a president you didn't vote for was up there doing that crap, you and every conservative pundit in existence would have flames shooting out of your eyes.

Get serious. Obama got more crap for chewing gum.

I would rather Trump have been chewing gum than dancing like a nutball and singing like he was at a ball game. I expected him to mouth the words "play ball!" when the anthem ended.

He's a rube.

And, no... I don't have wrinkles.

I'm not even angry. I'm not surprised. At all. He does this sort of crap all the time.

And, it's disheartening, but it's nothing to get angry over. It's not like being enraged changes anything.

We have a moron in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies