Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 03:37 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, nobody answered my question.

I WAS person in charge of military burials in Alaska (92 - 94) I did get mad at the way that some people acted, should I have stopped the ceremony, walked over to the family and say shut up, it's a military funeral?

There is no black and white here folks, people treat different things differently....don't like it...so what?

And if you don't get the hint, there are a lot in Alaska all within a few months....can anyone arguing figure out why?
How many US Presidents persided over the ceremony ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:38 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,391,096 times
Look, those pesky bone spurs in his feet caused him to get fidgety, so he decided to make the best of it and have some fun during that song. FFS, just because the dude is president doesn't mean he has to be presidential.

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT specifically would that be?
Left wing extremists wouldn't understand, but feel free to do your own research if you can.

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, nobody answered my question.

I WAS person in charge of military burials in Alaska (92 - 94) I did get mad at the way that some people acted, should I have stopped the ceremony, walked over to the family and say shut up, it's a military funeral?

There is no black and white here folks, people treat different things differently....don't like it...so what?

And if you don't get the hint, there are a lot in Alaska all within a few months....can anyone arguing figure out why?
Who shives-a-git about your personal history of military funerals. It's not about your willingness to overlook given your experience. It's about the simple expectation of the CiC having the ability to show the PROPER respect demanded and expected of one holding his office.

It's how someone behaves during the small things that indicate what might be expected during the large things. All indications are the man's totally unable to comprehend the seriousness demanded of his position.

I would bet you that given the opportunity to respond to his displayed demeaning of Vietnam service; every dead soldier would rise up and pizz on his red carpet.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:39 PM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Actually, in this case, there IS black & white spelled out in the US Code regarding proper behavior during the playing of the anthem.

So your excuse for Trump's poor behavior is at best: LAME
Where?

I guess all these people should be thrown in jail, yes?

They started yelling before it was over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwEvyMsSKD8

Old 05-29-2017, 03:40 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Look, those pesky bone spurs in his feet caused him to get fidgety, so he decided to make the best of it and have some fun during that song. FFS, just because the dude is president doesn't mean he has to be presidential.
Then there's no reason he has to be respected like a president either, is there?

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
How many US Presidents persided over the ceremony ?
Does it matter? A few of your fellow boys say it's law, period end of story.....

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times
Quote:
Please link us to this mythical story about an alleged "apology tour".

This should cover it for you (but you must read it all to comprehend):

Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower | The Heritage Foundation

Old 05-29-2017, 03:42 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
I saw absolutely NOTHING distasteful about Trumps response to the national anthem.
He is a proud American, and obviously really cares for the song that best describes this nation.
I believe it was done in the same context, and spirit that causes many people to applaud just after hearing the anthem played, or sung at a sporting event.

It is called love of our country.
You people know very little about patriotism.

Bob.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
I thought the audience in the front row was disrespectful. They were dressed for a Disneyland parade.

Trump is CinC. He doesn't get a pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies