Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 01:21 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I'm just not that welcoming of religion at all. I don't really have a problem with Christians though even though crazy alt-right Christian whackjobs are going around stabbing people left and right, shooting up schools, flying planes into buildings. The key point is that they're crazy alt-right. The Christian part is more incidental.
Considering the majority of people in this Country are Christian and those that are not, like myself have Christian relatives its a foregone conclusion that most Christians in the country are a known quantity and very moderate. As far as Muslims go who knows, I have an Aunt converted and Im not sure where her loyaties lie. For all I know she would choose faith over family and country. Its not like she is open to even have that conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Muslims who come out to honor the victims have my full respect.

Ethnic Englishmen who take it upon themselves to make the event about the Muslim honorers are despicable.

I understand they want to support the responsible members of society these Muslims are, but it is over the top signalling, and it even falls under rubric of bigotry of low expectations.

That all members of a society, regardless of religion or worldview, come out to honor the victims of terrorism should be expected, not a reason to stroke the Muslims.

Agreed they should pay their respects but that's it.

Events certainly haven't filled me with warmth for either Muslims or the Islamic Faith.

I fully support new measures being put forward by Theresa May and some other politicians.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
What the Brits are cheering. Warning graphic, clip of recent attack in progress https://twitter.com/trobinsonnewera/...21775594315777

Old 06-07-2017, 03:31 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Considering the majority of people in this Country are Christian and those that are not, like myself have Christian relatives its a foregone conclusion that most Christians in the country are a known quantity and very moderate. As far as Muslims go who knows, I have an Aunt converted and Im not sure where her loyaties lie. For all I know she would choose faith over family and country. Its not like she is open to even have that conversation.
Rubbish we have had about the same % of muslims living in the USA for generations so we KNOW, we ABSOLUTELY KNOW they are good peaceful poeple. They are our doctors, soldiers, lawyers, bus drivers and neighbors.

LS, you are blatantly pretending to think that American Muslims might an ""unknown quantity"". They are strong excellent people and you should be ashamed of yourself for attempting to smear them by raising fake doubts.

Your posts are clearly intended to to smear muslims and raise doubts in Americans minds .

Old 06-07-2017, 07:02 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,278,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
They are strong excellent people...
What makes them strong and excellent? Just curious. Isn't that a broad brush? What is it about believing in one particular fairy tale over another that makes a group strong and excellent?

Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Rubbish we have had about the same % of muslims living in the USA for generations so we KNOW, we ABSOLUTELY KNOW they are good peaceful poeple. They are our doctors, soldiers, lawyers, bus drivers and neighbors.

LS, you are blatantly pretending to think that American Muslims might an ""unknown quantity"". They are strong excellent people and you should be ashamed of yourself for attempting to smear them by raising fake doubts.

Your posts are clearly intended to to smear muslims and raise doubts in Americans minds .
Naw, only Muslims that want to bring their version of Islam that has created every Islamic Republic in the world. Only the 250 Million that cut the daughters clitoris's off on Mohammad's Birthday, then bring the practice here. Only the ones not calling for the death of people who commit Blasphemy against their Prophet.

The rest I believe are good peaceful people, especially Gay Muslims and those who are considered Apostates.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-08-2017 at 02:05 AM..

Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:

Ethnic Englishmen who take it upon themselves to make the event about the Muslim honorers are despicable.

I understand they want to support the responsible members of society these Muslims are, but it is over the top signalling, and it even falls under rubric of bigotry of low expectations.

That all members of a society, regardless of religion or worldview, come out to honor the victims of terrorism should be expected, not a reason to stroke the Muslims.
I know right? Are they to be congratulated for refraining from violence? Really? Is violence their default state, requiring effort to overcome, making this a big accomplishment??

Old 06-08-2017, 02:44 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
Quote:
Most of these "Muslims" are British citizens.

Quote:
Not at all! Most ethnic Englishmen are quite intelligent people.

They can see the current situation and are highlighting their understanding of the other side of the coin. For example, normally, these people, who are honoring the victims, would be seen as British people honoring British victims. But times are not "normal". When someone runs someone over with a car or a van, it's a "road rage", but as soon as the media finds out that a Muslim did it, it is "Islamic terrorism".

If highlighting of "Muslims" honoring the victims is despicable then why isn't highlighting "Muslims" doing the opposite not despicable?

Many of the ethnic English people can see both sides of the coin and highlight the other side of the coin in response to those who try to highlight only the one side of coin. Why isn't it intelligent thing to do under the circumstance?

Quote:
Why would highlighting "Muslims" committing crimes not falling under the rubric of bigotry of low expectations but it is when peaceful Muslims honor the victims?

Basically, your point would be valid only if some criminals in the whole British community are not highlighted as Muslims instead of just criminals.

If some try to divide the community then it is only fair that intelligent people do something to unite the community.

Quote:
Keeping your point in mind, do you think it is reasonable to stroke the Muslims when a small minority kill someone but not reasonable to stroke the majority Muslims when they honor the victims?

Old 06-08-2017, 07:55 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
There are idiots who do not know the difference between crime and terrorism and want to enter into a scientific dialogue
Crime is an act of aggression
Crime is a component of all societies in the world

There is no society in the world that does not know crime

Crime is not just a crime of physical assault, but there are economic and moral crimes

This is a simple definition so some idiots know the difference between crime and terrorism

Therefore, the crime is neither organized nor based on a holistic ideology nor does it contain sacred texts

The ideological seal is the Word of God

So the crime is evil

The definition of terrorism
It is a combat and intellectual act of terror and intimidation of humanity and is based on an organized ideological ideology and has goals
He has followers
So terrorism is made up of ideology
The types of terrorist ideologies are numerous, including national ones
Religious ones
But the religious ideologies that support terrorism in the world are Islamic ideology

Through sacred texts and sealed in the seal it is the Word of God

And this seal makes the followers of that ideology are practicing terrorism whenever the opportunity in it
And also when they have power
Islamic thought offers the term enemies of God
To justify terrorism

So
To say that crime is equal to crime
Crime is evil and can be addressed in reformist laws
But terrorism is evil and its treatment is the root of the terrorist ideology of the world

Old 06-08-2017, 08:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
The problem with Islam and fundamentalist Judaism is they all don't believe in Jesus, the messenger of peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies