Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
The problem with Islam and fundamentalist Judaism is they all don't believe in Jesus, the messenger of peace.
I can't comment on fundamentalist Judaism but Islam does believe in Jesus, the messenger of peace. What is not believed in Islam about Jesus is that Jesus was God or even begotten Son of God.

In a political world, "Islamist ideology" is not the same as "Islamic principles/ideology". In pure Islam, which is based on the Qur'an only, there is no killing of peaceful people of ANY religion or of NO religion. Any killing is entirely in self-defense in order to survive when under physical attack. There isn't even one verse in the Qur'an that tells Muslims to kill peaceful non-Muslim people.

The problem is that there are many idiots (including some who call themselves "Muslims") who do not know this fact about Islam and such Islamic principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 09:03 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
I hope you do not confuse Judaism with Islam
As for Christianity, its most important strengths are in the teachings of peace and love
This can also be found in followers of other religions, such as Buddhism and atheists who believe in peace and love
Therefore, every instruction in which there is no killing is good
Any instruction that calls for killing is invalid and not good

(And from their fruits you know them)This is the guide

Old 06-08-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
I can't comment on fundamentalist Judaism but Islam does believe in Jesus, the messenger of peace. What is not believed in Islam about Jesus is that Jesus was God or even begotten Son of God.

In a political world, "Islamist ideology" is not the same as "Islamic principles/ideology". In pure Islam, which is based on the Qur'an only, there is no killing of peaceful people of ANY religion or of NO religion. Any killing is entirely in self-defense in order to survive when under physical attack. There isn't even one verse in the Qur'an that tells Muslims to kill peaceful non-Muslim people.

The problem is that there are many idiots (including some who call themselves "Muslims") who do not know this fact about Islam and such Islamic principle.
The light of the sun will not obscure lies
They fought those who do not believe in Allah nor in the Last Day, nor deny what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden, nor condemn the religion of truth from those who have given the Book to give the tribute by hand,
(I think these words are meant to love the world
And to send them bouquets of roses also
What is your opinion?
Am I sincere in my interpretation to these words
Note I do not know who said these words)؟؟؟؟؟؟

Old 06-08-2017, 09:26 AM

I am willing to believe in the cow that is sanctified by the brethren in India
Because they represent symbols of good, peace and love

But I really reject the God of Islam because he is the god of murder and blood
I think it is better than Islam

Old 06-08-2017, 09:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post

Wrong. In your interpretation of Islam, YOU might feel that way, but Islamic scholars do NOT agree with you. IN fact, Al-Azhar actually refuses to call ISIS apostates:

One press report noted a degree of similarity between IS thought and Al-Azhar University's curriculum, which “allows for killing a Muslim who does not pray, one who leaves Islam, prisoners and infidels within Islam [those who do not have a clearly specified creed or sect]. [It also allows] gouging their eyes and chopping off their hands and feet, as well as banning the construction of churches and discriminating between Muslims and Ahl al-Kitab [Christians and Jews], and insulting them at times.”

Read more: Al-Azhar refuses to consider the Islamic State an apostate

Maybe you think they're idiots at Al-Azhar? That's fine. But just as I might disagree with the Pope as to what the Bible says, he IS actually the authority on what his religion believes in or does not believe in. I will take the word of Islamic scholars over the word of Islamic Internet Evangelicals, any day.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:54 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
Not hard to believe. If the nazis marched across London bridge, those folks would cheer. The difference is that a hundred years ago, most people did not want to be enslaved. Nowadays, they do. They've been indoctrinated with self hatred.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Wrong. In your interpretation of Islam, YOU might feel that way, but Islamic scholars do NOT agree with you. IN fact, Al-Azhar actually refuses to call ISIS apostates:

One press report noted a degree of similarity between IS thought and Al-Azhar University's curriculum, which “allows for killing a Muslim who does not pray, one who leaves Islam, prisoners and infidels within Islam [those who do not have a clearly specified creed or sect]. [It also allows] gouging their eyes and chopping off their hands and feet, as well as banning the construction of churches and discriminating between Muslims and Ahl al-Kitab [Christians and Jews], and insulting them at times.â€

Read more: Al-Azhar refuses to consider the Islamic State an apostate

Maybe you think they're idiots at Al-Azhar? That's fine. But just as I might disagree with the Pope as to what the Bible says, he IS actually the authority on what his religion believes in or does not believe in. I will take the word of Islamic scholars over the word of Islamic Internet Evangelicals, any day.
Al-Azhar doesn't speak for all Islamic scholars. Al-Azhar doesn't even speak for all Sunni scholars.

Many Catholics disagree with the Pope on a variety of issues. Catholics don't even represent the majority of Christians. So, your point about Al-Azhar actually doesn't float. Islam is just as divided as Christianity in terms of interpretations and beliefs.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:31 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Al-Azhar doesn't speak for all Islamic scholars. Al-Azhar doesn't even speak for all Sunni scholars.

Many Catholics disagree with the Pope on a variety of issues. Catholics don't even represent the majority of Christians. So, your point about Al-Azhar actually doesn't float. Islam is just as divided as Christianity in terms of interpretations and beliefs.
Most of the groups on this list follow their own Islamic scholars. Look at all of the Christian, Hindus and Buddhist on the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

All of these Islamic Republics under Sharia law have their own Islamic scholars:

"12 Countries That Will Kill You for Being LGBT"
12 Countries That Will Kill You for Being LGBT | Advocate.com

Apparently, the Supposedly progressive countries of Indonesia and Turkey have their own Islamic scholars:

"Human Rights Watch: Gay rights under attack in Indonesia"
https://eblnews.com/news/world/human...ndonesia-32603

" in October, there was a troubling outburst in violence in the Sharia-law governed region of Aceh. At the urging from Islamic leaders, hundreds of Muslims took to the streets with machetes and torched area churches."
Christians facing 'Indonesian jihad' as churches burned on imams

Apparently, since the Arab Spring, Islam is Regressing back to it's roots.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:41 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Most of the groups on this list follow their own Islamic scholars. Look at all of the Christian, Hindus and Buddhist on the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

All of these Islamic Republics under Sharia law have their own Islamic scholars:

"12 Countries That Will Kill You for Being LGBT"
12 Countries That Will Kill You for Being LGBT | Advocate.com

Apparently, the Supposedly progressive countries of Indonesia and Turkey have their own Islamic scholars:

"Human Rights Watch: Gay rights under attack in Indonesia"
https://eblnews.com/news/world/human...ndonesia-32603

" in October, there was a troubling outburst in violence in the Sharia-law governed region of Aceh. At the urging from Islamic leaders, hundreds of Muslims took to the streets with machetes and torched area churches."
Christians facing 'Indonesian jihad' as churches burned on imams

Apparently, since the Arab Spring, Islam is Regressing back to it's roots.
I understand why Democrat politicians are so pro-Islam because it equals votes, but I don't know how their base can support them when it goes everything against a Liberal policies on gays, women, etc. They make rural redneck Conservatives seem like feminists in comparison.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:36 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I understand why Democrat politicians are so pro-Islam because it equals votes, but I don't know how their base can support them when it goes everything against a Liberal policies on gays, women, etc. They make rural redneck Conservatives seem like feminists in comparison.
As a Bi-sexual Muslim Apostate, it's crazy that I get attacked by supposed Liberals more than Rednecks

Apparently it's typical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_pofF683sA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies