Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I won't say it didn't happen. What I will say though is that there were many strange things about that horrible day.

I recall watching a video clip a while back of statements from family members of some of the children killed. There was someone filming while the parents and media were setting up for the statements and there was one gentlemen casually talking and laughing prior to giving his statement only to compose himself and start crying once the media's cameras starting rolling as he gave his statement.

This is the video.
https://youtu.be/VKr-av9jVx8
I remember that video. It is strange. Even the way the father apologizes for smiling. I don't know what to make of it. There's no accounting for the way some people react to grave situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 02:20 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd like to see Jones come face to face with the parents who lost their kids in this tragedy and tell them the loss of their kids is just a hoax =
https://results.searchlock.com/searc...le&chnm=js_270
I've had the same thought. But those parents have been through enough. Why should they have to face his stupid attention seeking face and prove their children perished? Special place in hell for that guy. How does he, and those who follow him, sleep at night is beyond me.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:46 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
For some reason, I never remember that the Sandy Hook shooting is the Newtown CT shooting so I usually avoid stories or offering my opinion on anything related to it thinking - Which one was that again?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:54 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,085 times
I think Alex Jones is a hoax. He either perjured himself in court or is lying to his followers daily.

He told the courts that the things he says are only part of an "on air persona". How gullible do you need to be to defend a guy who just implied that you are a complete dupe that he is fleecing?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I won't say it didn't happen. What I will say though is that there were many strange things about that horrible day.

I recall watching a video clip a while back of statements from family members of some of the children killed. There was someone filming while the parents and media were setting up for the statements and there was one gentlemen casually talking and laughing prior to giving his statement only to compose himself and start crying once the media's cameras starting rolling as he gave his statement.

This is the video.
https://youtu.be/VKr-av9jVx8
This sounds very much like you are hedging. And putting the focus on a victim's family member. I've been to quite a few funerals where people make the best of it, they do not just sit there sobbing for hours. I've never assumed that when they do break down, it is disingenuous.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
I think Alex Jones is a hoax. He either perjured himself in court or is lying to his followers daily.

He told the courts that the things he says are only part of an "on air persona". How gullible do you need to be to defend a guy who just implied that you are a complete dupe that he is fleecing?
In the custody hearings he said how he acts on the air is different from how he acts around the house.
That's all there is to what Alex Jones said. You just put your spin on it.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
In the custody hearings he said how he acts on the air is different from how he acts around the house.
That's all there is to what Alex Jones said. You just put your spin on it.
Really?

"That’s the question at the center of a contentious child custody battle playing out in Travis County Court between the online/radio provocateur Alex Jones and his ex-wife Kelly Jones. The radio host’s lawyers have characterized his boisterous online persona as “performance art” and a “character” he plays, while attorneys for the ex-wife maintain the shows are proof that he’s unfit to parent the couple’s three children. Kelly Jones is seeking full custody of the children.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ump/100731154/

Old 06-19-2017, 05:34 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Was it a hoax? No. Something happened. Was it a terribly reported news story in which information was left out, tweaked, and obfuscated? You betcha. Overall, the reporting on Sandy Hook could have been handled better by Seth Myers and the SNL cast than it was by the major news networks.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:41 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit making things up. It wasn't his FINAL statement. He said and did EARLY ON that he took both sides of the story and played devils advocate.

In the incomplete video that used a sound bite which you and others fell for. How about instead of listening to dishonest sound bites why don't you listen to the entire story?
What is 'complex' about it?

Old 06-19-2017, 06:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly. And you contradicted yourself.

NBC News is in it to make money. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ditto. You contradict yourself, also.

NBC, as you admit, is in it for the money.

NBC, as you asserted earlier, is NOT pushing the hoax theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies