Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times

Advertisements

I'm just now finishing Post #60 and I'm already itching to comment about conspiracy theories in the broad, general sense.

After reading and hearing only a few of them and the responses of the "pro" side of Jones, Savage, etc. one gets the impression that they believe the following (which is not an exhaustive list, but does hint at the nature of the conspiracy theorist mindset).

*A claim's truthfulness is best measured by how scarily sensational it is. (the more scary and dramatic it sounds, the more likely it is to be true)

*No major and/or highly agonizing tragedy or situation is due to a mere unfortunate merging of events (in effect, they're saying there's no such thing as an honestly dealt-out royal flush).

*All events causing catastrophic ripple effects can be anticipated (i.e. there is no such thing as a truly Black Swan Event), basically saying the powers that be have "the knowledge of God", metaphorically speaking.

*Confusing facts with guesses

*Confusing credibility with a boldly confident presentation style (put more simply, confusing truth with certitude).

I can go on, but I'm sure I made my point clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 02:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
I consider these shootings to be local news that I would prefer not to hear about. I think we live with news overload.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:57 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,734,055 times
No, it wasn't a hoax.

Neither was the exploitation of the sad event, to advance a political agenda by the left.

CN

Old 06-19-2017, 03:29 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post

*Confusing credibility with a boldly confident presentation style ......
here's the link you requested:

https://www.mediamatters.org/embed/c...1228-sandyhook

Old 06-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Good job, there. You definitely live up to your name in that post.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
I am simply stunned anyone thinks that Sandy Hook was fake. I am even more stunned anyone is defending Alex Jones. He is making a mockery out of a horrible tragedy. Truly sickened.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:39 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Good job, there. You definitely live up to your name in that post.
thanks but i wasn't the one to find the clip, i just transcribed the relevant quotes. here's the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Well you know who the Alex Jones fans on here are judging by their defense of his past statements, lol.

Here is the audio of him calling it a hoax: https://www.mediamatters.org/embed/c...1228-sandyhook

Thank you Media Matters.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:41 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Let's keep this VERY simple: Do you believe the Sandy Hook Shooting was a hoax?

There are a lot of Alex Jones/InfoWars fans on here. He is the one responsible for starting rumors that the shooting was staged, alleging that the murder of 26 people, including 20 children, was faked.
I don't believe it was a hoax or faked at all.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
No, it is insane and should be criminal for someone to make money and glory off of suggesting it while defaming the character of the families.

Isn't there a law against spreading propaganda like this?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You missed the point.
Why are medications that are used in other countries not allowed in America? Why is marijuana not prescribed or deemed government legal when it helps cancer patients as well as infants who spasm violently in epileptic fits?
Are you saying government isn't in bed with Big Pharm? Why are the prices paid in other countries for the same pill many times lower?
I thoroughly believe the government is in bed with Big Pharma. There is no reason Americans should be paying more for medication compared to poor companies. Politicians have their hands firmly submerged in Pharma's pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies