Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 03:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times

Advertisements

The claim it was a hoax was the hoax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 03:04 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
It's a thread of ignorance,why perpetuate it by granting it credence in a discussion?Lock up the thread.
Do you know why censorship doesn't work?

It casts the illusion of uncertainty. Why would non-racists censor racists if their position is correct? Surely racism is only censored if there's something to hide?

That's what happens. Censorships allows a narrative like that to be crafted. This is why censorship is bad. It's not about freedom or some idealistic crap, though I certainly have nothing against freedom, it's about truth. Censoring what is not true gives a platform of oppression to those who support untrue claims, which grants them a level of credibility that they do not deserve.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:05 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, they want to expose him for the sh!thead he is.

May they make money on it? Probably. Isn't that what corporations are supposed to do for their shareholders?

Problem with that?
How silly. And you contradicted yourself.

NBC News is in it to make money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:06 PM

421 posts, read 287,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Get rid of ignorance. Educate the public through the truth. Granted to some truth is treason.

Please explain how making up lies about long lost children to a massacre is the "truth? All you want is to cause pain and suffering to the families of the loved ones killed in Newtown.

AGAIN,CLOSE DOWN THIS THREAD!

Old 06-18-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
With all due respect in this matter,BS.

You really proved me wrong.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
Question: has the security camera footage from the school ever been released?

Old 06-18-2017, 03:25 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,658 times
To answer the OPs question: Yes, I believe it was a hoax.

I saw no evidence to show it really happened. (Which is a good thing, no child really died.)

I do not intend to argue this with ANYONE. I am simply answering the question.

I guess this means I am going to be 'ignored' by many. The thought just breaks my heart.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I don't have to, you did that to yourself.
No, if anything you proved my point.

To review, my point was the censoring an idea often makes the censored party adopt more credibility than they otherwise would. They can make claims about being suppressed becasue 'they' don't want the truth released or some bull****.

You're claim was... that I'm wrong. No reasons given.

A third party reading our conversation will most likely come to the conclusion that I'm right since I'm the one coming up with arguments and you're just shutting things down without a real reason. Even if you're right and this thread should be shut down, I've offered reasons why it should stay open and you just tell everyone they're stupid, meaning those who are siding with you based on this argument probably aren't the sort of people you want in your corner.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
To answer the OPs question: Yes, I believe it was a hoax.

I saw no evidence to show it really happened. (Which is a good thing, no child really died.)

I do not intend to argue this with ANYONE. I am simply answering the question.

I guess this means I am going to be 'ignored' by many. The thought just breaks my heart.
Wow, there really are people like that.

Alex Jones invents a story and there are people who believe it, even when Jones himself doesn't.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:03 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Wow, there really are people like that.

Alex Jones invents a story and there are people who believe it, even when Jones himself doesn't.
I did not say I believed Alex Jones.

I simply said I believe Sandy Hook was a hoax that never happened.

There is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies