Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 02:11 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times

Advertisements

But how can this be? I thought democrats were all about lifting poor people out of poverty.

When are people going to realize that democrats do nothing but strip people of their money and their freedoms and offer nothing in return?

The Top 10 U.S. Cities With High Homelessness Rates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 02:33 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
But how can this be? I thought democrats were all about lifting poor people out of poverty.

When are people going to realize that democrats do nothing but strip people of their money and their freedoms and offer nothing in return?

Which freedoms are you being stripped of?

Is there zero homelessness in GOP cities? Why or why not?

If social programs "offer nothing in return" why are conservatives always saying Democrats use them to buy votes?

It is much easier to be homeless in big cities. Big cities often lean democratic. These two things are not necessarily related. If you can, make the connection. Flesh it out. Explain why Democratic policies in big cities results in more homelessness.

start with the root causes of homelessness and work your way from there.

It's yours to lose!

Last edited by shaker281; 06-22-2017 at 02:47 AM..

Old 06-22-2017, 03:16 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:

If I was homeless I would want to live in a city that took better care of me.

Actually, San Diego has had a Homeless dumping problem for a while. Apparently Las Vegas was found to ship their destitute to San Diego.
"Homeless 'Dumping' Settlement Impacts San Diego"

Homeless 'Dumping' Settlement Impacts San Diego | NBC 7 San Diego

Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:

Please suggest what Republican solutions to homelessness might look like.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:34 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
As democrats have rightfully pointed out, there's plenty of urban, poor, republican areas where people are poor and collect welfare as well, but I bet those people vote democrat anyways. Just because the area is majority republican doesn't mean everyone is a republican. Even so, it's true that republican areas tend to be less educated with less overall wealth.

In order for an area to have some appeal, it's got to have a good mixture of democrats and republicans. Having too many of either party is a bad thing in many cases. As someone familiar with the most republican county in Wisconsin, Washington County, I have to say it's a perfectly fine county, but given the choice I'd rather live in neighboring Ozaukee county, which has more wealth and more democrat elements, but still a healthy mixture of republicans which keep out the riff-raff. Too many democrats and you get excessive section 8 and crime goes up as they try to force feed in low income urban or diverse elements to keep everything "fair" and "equal" but just end up raising crime and lowering housing values with their subsidized housing and other bullbleep. Residents of the 3 or 4 upscale communities in Ozaukee County (Grafton, Cederburg, Saukville, Mequon)have done a good job keeping "those people" out and confining them south of Mequon, keeping them down in Milwaukee, though they like to drive north from time to time to do home robberies.

The community in eastern South Dakota where I live, Brookings, has a nice mixture thanks to the college. Each party brings their best elements to the table without any one party overpowering the other. Combined with a good job base and you have a nice area.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:38 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
There's also the sheer factor of weather in play here. Many on that list are more favorable weather-wise if you're going to be stuck outside. Would you rather sleep on a bench in Honolulu or one in, say, the cold parts of North Dakota?

Old 06-22-2017, 04:41 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Last time I looked, there are no Democratic cities. No Republican cities. In this country, all we have are American cities.

For those whose political party is their life..I recommend getting a new life.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:43 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
There's also the sheer factor of weather in play here. Many on that list are more favorable weather-wise if you're going to be stuck outside. Would you rather sleep on a bench in Honolulu or one in, say, the cold parts of North Dakota?
And that is another huge factor.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:50 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
What about the homeless living in the tunnels under glamorous Las Vegas? First constructed as storm drain tunnels, to combat the flooding from flash floods, 600 miles of flood channels, now these tunnels are home to 100's of people. (400-500 estimated)

A grim, murky void filled with scorpions, health risks, and addiction. The cramped tunnels were claustrophobic and covered with child-like graffiti.

https://youtu.be/2VLQkdq74kk

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/i...ion-calls-home

Old 06-22-2017, 04:53 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Small detail. MOST (darn near all) big cities are Democrat thus the thread title is self fulfilling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies