Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:31 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times

Advertisements

We had one great choice - Donald Trump, and one absolutely terrible choice - Hillary. President Trump is busy making America great again, and by 2025 he should have the job mostly done before he turns over the reins to VP Pence for 8 more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 07:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoot n annie View Post
we had one great choice - donald trump, and one absolutely terrible choice - hillary. President trump is busy making america great again, and by 2025 he should have the job mostly done before he turns over the reins to vp pence for 8 more years.
ha ha ha ha ha.... Yeah, he's busy alright. Busy golfing. The man has taken more vacation time so far than any president in American history. He's also on track to spend more money on vacations in one year than Obama spent in his entire eight years.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politi...sts/index.html

I will say that I feel a little sorry for the folks who still support Trump. Such feeble minds.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:32 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,050,894 times
Yep, I own Trump.

However, my vote was not FOR Trump it was against the Elites in this country. So far they have NOT gotten the message.

Clinton would have been a continuation of Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama and this country would not survive that. It might NOT survive it under Trump.

But in the words of Hillary Clinton...."what difference would that make?"

Old 07-01-2017, 07:38 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Maybe...but we have lots of people voting with no clue about the Constitution or the history of this country. I have no problem with people not voting. If you do not follow political issues and have no background in the Constitution an local issues, please don't vote.

My vote for Trump...was a vote for revolution. It was a protest vote. I have had enough of the Democrat/Republican state running this country into the ground.

more on the times.....Articles: Crimes of the NY Times
Why do people keep forgetting that most people who voted for Trump didn't think he would win? We weren't idiots, hoodwinked by a con-man. I didn't think it would register as anything but a protest vote. Despite the tweets, which I could do without, I'm happy so far. We are not getting another Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, and we are finally doing something to protect our border. Even without the wall (which I don't really want), people are getting the message and staying home. And though Democrats keep thinking I should be unhappy that Trump is helping the Dreamers, I've always supported the Dreamers. I never wanted them to be deported unless they're criminals. I just want the influx to stop.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:43 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There were some good choices on the GOP side, but didn't get the support from their party voters in the primaries. Maybe the Republican voters have lost faith in their own party, and went with an outsider, or maybe they admire Trump's wealth. Who knows.
More accurate than usual FJ. Trump was probably #17 of the Republican candidates for me personally but he tapped into a group of people that had been left behind by globalization (mostly former Dims btw) and multiplied his support. I kept thinking when the Republicans go down to 2, Trump would lose out but the power of motivating this core of people was too strong.

The Dim party is corrupt to its core and they selected a terrible candidate. You never know but I don't see any Dim candidate that I fear as a Republican currently. I did see Obama speak at the 2004 Dim Convention and recognized the gift of speaking he had.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
We all agree that the fix was in for Hillary all the way. The Republican elites wanted Jeb Bush, and supported him as much as they could until it was too late to support someone else that could overcome Trump's delegate lead. They considered Cruz an outsider because he fought against the old ways of doing things in the Senate. That is how we ended up with Trump, because the elites in the Republican Party could never come to the conclusion that the rank and file wanted a change.

Cruz would have been a compromise, because he was fighting against the elites from within the Senate, pretty much saying the same things Trump was saying. Cue up the Cruz haters to respond to this. No matter who anyone says would have been a better pick than Trump, someone out there would have hated him or her.

It was a close election, but Trump won. That fact says more about who the Dems put up than Trump himself. My guess is that Cruz would have won more handily. We'll never know.
I think Cruz would have lost. He comes across as smarmy, and he's too concerned about gay marriage. He also ran on the promise that he wouldn't work with congress, which I was sick of. I had hopes that Trump could work with both sides. I just didn't realize that the Democrats would have their resistance movement.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Well , while I understand you point , the us imo was not run into the ground.
We were a great country and now we are not, imo again due to to Trump.
What an uneducated man , voted in by shortsighted voters, (yes, you can be rich and uneducated) he is not interested in
learning or understanding anything other than winning. No matter the cost or dignity lost.
I ,to this day still do not see where H Clinton was crooked, still sound like an election hate sound byte .
I agree that a lot of people should not be allowed to vote, fx the people that are now going to learn the hard
way that they are on their own as far as healthcare goes and social services.

To me , the people that claim they voted for Trump ,as a protest vote as the reason are the ones that own
this uneducated, closed minded president we now all have to live with.All of us.
Those voters have forced us to deal , on a daily basis, with an egomaniac leading the world. All in it for himself.
Which leads me to another thing, a lot of voters are unaware how much influence the US has
out in the world. Countries look to us to lead and that is for sure
NOT happening right now. Maybe in four years.
Health insurance is not healthcare. I had my premiums double, while my deductibles are so high they prevent me from even thinking about getting non life threatening treatment such as physical therapy. And I'm not a rich person. We live paycheck to paycheck now, but don't qualify for subsidies. There are millions like me.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:49 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Hillary was run-of-the-mill neoliberal bad. Trump was historically bad. We made history.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In a nation of 300 million people, you would think that we could have found somebody better than Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to compete for the top job in the country.

There were a few competent Republicans but they didn't get a lot of support. I am thinking about people like Kasich and Rubio. On the Democratic side, Joe Biden was the answer but he didn't run. Bernie was too far left and Hillary was doomed from the start because of her corruption.

Do you think this election cycle was a fluke or do you think we are getting to a point where competent, qualified people don't even want the job anymore?
We shall see if they are stupid next 2 elections, if they occur. Unfortunately, I am leaning to apathy and that is that.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:54 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In a nation of 300 million people, you would think that we could have found somebody better than Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to compete for the top job in the country.

There were a few competent Republicans but they didn't get a lot of support. I am thinking about people like Kasich and Rubio. On the Democratic side, Joe Biden was the answer but he didn't run. Bernie was too far left and Hillary was doomed from the start because of her corruption.

Do you think this election cycle was a fluke or do you think we are getting to a point where competent, qualified people don't even want the job anymore?
Because the political system in the U.S. and most other so-called Western Democracies was hijacked a long time ago--and now a few people are finally waking up to that fact. Politicians are mere puppets of an elite running the show in the shadows. They're not where the real power lies and haven't been for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWMzdcla5g&t=84s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies