Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times

Advertisements

Not a hard problem to figure out. I have met people from quite a few different countries and on average Americans are the least knowledgeable group of people I've dealt with. Most of us have no grasp of basic historical events, core beliefs of the major world religions, a significant number can't identify their own state on a map. The immigrants from all over the world that I've worked with are vastly better than most Americans, they work harder, complain less, and cause less strife. I only have an IQ of 111 along with being interested in intellectual topics and around most Americans I have to dumb down words I use and topics I bring up so it doesn't go over their head. A very basic problem with democracy is it requires an educated populace, otherwise you might as well have a monarchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 08:00 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Frankly, I liked my choice and I'm old. It's the first time my primary pick and my general election pick won and I'm looking forward to a repeat in 2020.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:36 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why do people keep forgetting that most people who voted for Trump didn't think he would win? We weren't idiots, hoodwinked by a con-man. I didn't think it would register as anything but a protest vote. Despite the tweets, which I could do without, I'm happy so far. We are not getting another Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, and we are finally doing something to protect our border. Even without the wall (which I don't really want), people are getting the message and staying home. And though Democrats keep thinking I should be unhappy that Trump is helping the Dreamers, I've always supported the Dreamers. I never wanted them to be deported unless they're criminals. I just want the influx to stop.
I am in favor of gradually deporting the Dreamers (unless they screwed up) Just let their DACA status run out and then deport. Go ahead and build the wall, but it has been of great help for people to know we are getting serious about enforcing immigration law (more people stay home, as you said.)

Old 07-01-2017, 10:38 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I am in favor of gradually deporting the Dreamers (unless they screwed up) Just let their DACA status run out and then deport. Go ahead and build the wall, but it has been of great help for people to know we are getting serious about enforcing immigration law (more people stay home, as you said.)
You want to deport people who grew up in the US because of something their parents did? I don't. But I'm in Texas and probably know far more Dreamers than you do. I know a woman who was brought here as a nine-month old infant. Her mother held her above her head while she waded across the river. That girl has never once been to Mexico since, and has about as much knowledge of it as I do. She was educated here. She has had a life here. I do not think she should be sent back to Mexico when she had no choice in her illegal entry into the country. And she isn't the only person I know who came across as a child. It's a very complex issue, but I think I could live with people like them getting amnesty.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:10 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Liberals who says "Not my president", and wants the country to fail is like an airplane passenger who says "Not my pilot" and wants the plane to crash.
Sadly red states will be the losers.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:32 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You want to deport people who grew up in the US because of something their parents did? I don't. But I'm in Texas and probably know far more Dreamers than you do. I know a woman who was brought here as a nine-month old infant. Her mother held her above her head while she waded across the river. That girl has never once been to Mexico since, and has about as much knowledge of it as I do. She was educated here. She has had a life here. I do not think she should be sent back to Mexico when she had no choice in her illegal entry into the country. And she isn't the only person I know who came across as a child. It's a very complex issue, but I think I could live with people like them getting amnesty.
Children suffer consequences from their parents law-breaking actions every day. I don't see why Dreamers should be exempt from this. She can return to Mexico and then apply to return.

I don't want another amnesty .... we tried this in 1986.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
The Democrats would have won if they ran Brian Schweitzer, Montana Governor.

Not sure how the Clinton's got him to stay out of the race, but there must have been some skeletons in the closet.

Schweitzer against Trump would have been very interesting...Trump would have lost in a landslide.
Schweitzer's problem was that some of his positions were anathema to the Big Money in the Democratic Party, much like Webb, and the West Coast/Northeast power centers of the party would have quashed his nomination, again much like Webb.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:04 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There were some good choices on the GOP side, but didn't get the support from their party voters in the primaries. Maybe the Republican voters have lost faith in their own party, and went with an outsider, or maybe they admire Trump's wealth. Who knows.
Many were happy he was intentionally not PC, and spoke like a regular guy instead of a mamby pamby eunuch.
I didn't vote for him in the primary and didn't think he had a chance to win, but I appreciated how he took on the liberal PC media and all the other politicians to afraid to say it like it is.
I even remember saying that after Trump dropped out, we would owe him a debt of gratitude for having put a stop to the liberal nonsense of speech/thought suppression by exposing the PC crap for what it was.

That combined with RINO's supporting illegal aliens criminal actions as an "act of love", and things like common core education, the voters determined that only a street brawler like Trump had a chance. They seemed to know that to fight the MSM establishment who all wanted another leftist to follow Obama in the form of Hillary, a milk toast RINO would lose. So they backed Trump when faced with another 4 years of subversive destruction of our culture and American traditions.

Trump came along just in the nick of time, to prevent the leftists from gaining a stranglehold on the federal courts to complete the dismantling of our constitutional republic.
Hence those who do not find Trump to be their cup of tea, still voted for him over one of the most corrupt and dishonest politician to ever get a major parties nomination for president.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:11 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
ha ha ha ha ha.... Yeah, he's busy alright. Busy golfing. The man has taken more vacation time so far than any president in American history. He's also on track to spend more money on vacations in one year than Obama spent in his entire eight years.

Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year - CNNPolitics.com

I will say that I feel a little sorry for the folks who still support Trump. Such feeble minds.
Covfefe! So, this is your best shot?? lol - it's going to be a loooong 16 years for you LWLT folks.

President Trump!

Old 07-02-2017, 07:40 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
We had one great choice - Donald Trump, and one absolutely terrible choice - Hillary. President Trump is busy making America great again, and by 2025 he should have the job mostly done before he turns over the reins to VP Pence for 8 more years.
Trump will be gone before the elections next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies