Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times

Advertisements

Any grown adult who thinks it was a good thing for trump to use the Boy Scouts of America for a campaign stop is an idiot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 09:22 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Yeah right, be like a Democrat instead.....failures and sore losers with no understanding of America
Wow... the Dems in my family are all very high-achieving folks who pursued higher education rather than assuming that their high school diploma would get them jobs in dying industries. Quite a few Master's degrees and careers in STEM fields.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:22 AM

10,782 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
If it is all about an enthusiastic and vocal crowd that shows unbridled support (as the OP seems to suggest), Trump should look into attending the biggest KKK gatherings of the summer. They absolutely love him.
No need to go there for love.
Trump can hold a rally anywhere and get love, unlike whoever the 2020 Democrat candidate is.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Wow... the Dems in my family are all very high-achieving folks who pursued higher education rather than assuming that their high school diploma would get them jobs in dying industries. Quite a few Master's degrees and careers in STEM fields.
When I said "Democrats" I was referring to Democrat politicians, they lost because they didn't understand America.
But I do also find fault with Democrats as a whole, many of whom trust CNN and The New York Times.
That's the problem with academics, they are easily fooled by media.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:25 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Its the combination of being a billionaire and walking into the White House with no experience and defying every scandal the Democrats/media threw at him.
Nobody could have done what Trump did last year, nobody.
Others would have dropped out of the race.
I see he have captivated you, and your are a big supporter and fan. So do you agree with everything about him, can he do no wrong? And I'm not a fan of Sessions, but do you agree with how he is trashing him in the public?

Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Boy Scouts put out a statement about how they don't get involved in supporting political things.

So why did they invite Trump? Surely they knew he would attack Obama, carry on about “fake news†and bad mouth Clinton.

The rambling on about the builder going bankrupt who “ was now much older. And I saw him at a cocktail party, and it was very sad because the hottest people in New York were at this party, ...†might have been unexpected, but the rest is Trump's M.O.

Boy Scouts of America distances itself from partisan politics after Trump speech - POLITICO

Old 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The irony on all of this is the fact that Jeff Sessions is the only Eagle Scout in Trumps cadre, and Trump is trying to throw him under the bus for his recusal, even though the recusal was the 'honorable' thing to do, and Sessions' 'loyalty' seems to be with the Constitution and not the President- which is precisely what his former Scout Oath and current Congressional Oath would dictate.
No. Trump has quite a few Eagles in his cabinet. In addition to Sessions, the ones that come immediately to mind include Zinke, Perry, and Tillerson (who notably also holds a Silver Buffalo award).

Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Trump's overt political speech to the BSA was disgusting. A speech about America and its values and the scouts place in relation to them was in order. He instead went his typical low class route denigrating opponents. He set a very bad example.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I see he have captivated you, and your are a big supporter and fan. So do agree with everything about him, can he do no wrong? And I'm not a fan of Sessions, but do you agree with how he is trashing him in the public?
Sessions appears to be a Clinton fan, as he's been silent on that front despite massive ammunition.
And there is nothing worse than a Clinton fan.
I always wanted Rudy G to be AG.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

Glad to learn that Scouting now includes throwing presidential elections by underage voters. Bet they even have a merit badge for it these days.
Yes. The Bullsh***ers Badge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies