Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 12:09 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Boy Scouts are a very traditional family values American values organization so it's not surprising they loved Trump's speech after what they had to put up with the past eight years.
Family values you say?

Lets take a look at Obama and Trump and chat about family values, shall we?

Barack and Michelle have been married for 25 years and seem to be a team of equals. Their daughters are well mannered, intelligent young women. Hundreds, if not thousands, of photos show the couple being sweet and kind to each other. Michelle adjusting Barack's tie. Barack hugging Michelle. Michelle's mother moved into the White House to help with the girls and to make sure the girls had a stable home life in spite of their unique circumstances. The Obamas chose to stay in Washington DC so their daughter could finish school with her friends and not be uprooted again.

Trump. Well, Trump has been married three times and has fathered children with each wife. Trump is a notorious philanderer. By all accounts, he has a very hands off relationship with his minor children; each child being raised mostly by his or her mother. Trump talks about grabbing women. Trump talks about his oldest daughter as if she is a potential mate for him. Trump and Melania seem very cold towards each other, rarely holding hands, smiling at each other or really engaging in any other sincere form of affection one would expect. Have we ever seen Trump hug or even really talk to Barron?

The two families could not be more different yet some Republicans hold the Trumps up as a paragon of family values. But fail to explain why Trump is more of a family man than Obama.

Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 12:13 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The Eagles Scout at my home voted for Trump.
Oh, your anecdote disproves everything then.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
It strikes me that the Trump supporters can get all bent out of shape about Roger Waters doing what Roger Waters has done for 40 years, and preach about "when I go to see an entertainer, I want to be entertained, not hear politics".

The same people have no problem with a sitting president going to the Boy Scouts and openly trying to undermine the free-press, discredit past presidents, and basically politicize a bunch of teenagers, when there actually IS precedence that politics is supposed to be left out of Boy Scouts.

I can't tell if his supports are:
Hypocrites
Clueless
Just don't care

Old 07-25-2017, 12:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
The Liberal meltdown over this Boy Scouts event is hilarious.

The same group of people that want to enshrine cross dressers and law breaking illegal aliens as national heroes suddenly got a case of The Propers. Now they want to lecture everyone about what is proper and what isn't. Now they want to tell us how unproper and inappropriate Trump was at the event.

Hilarious!

Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It strikes me that the Trump supporters can get all bent out of shape about Roger Waters doing what Roger Waters has done for 40 years, and preach about "when I go to see an entertainer, I want to be entertained, not hear politics".

The same people have no problem with a sitting president going to the Boy Scouts and openly trying to undermine the free-press, discredit past presidents, and basically politicize a bunch of teenagers, when there actually IS precedence that politics is supposed to be left out of Boy Scouts.

I can't tell if his supports are:
Hypocrites
Clueless
Just don't care
Why not all 3?

Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,551,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Family values you say?

Barack and Michelle have been married for 25 years and seem to be a team of equals. Their daughters are well mannered, intelligent young women. Hundreds, if not thousands, of photos show the couple being sweet and kind to each other. Michelle adjusting Barack's tie. Barack hugging Michelle. Michelle's mother moved into the White House to help with the girls and to make sure the girls had a stable home life in spite of their unique circumstances. The Obamas chose to stay in Washington DC so their daughter could finish school with her friends and not be uprooted again.

Trump. Well, Trump has been married three times and has fathered children with each wife. Trump is a notorious philanderer. By all accounts, he has a very hands off relationship with his minor children; each child being raised mostly by his or her mother. Trump talks about grabbing women. Trump talks about his oldest daughter as if she is a potential mate for him. Trump and Melania seem very cold towards each other, rarely holding hands, smiling at each other or really engaging in any other sincere form of affection one would expect. Have we ever seen Trump hug or even really talk to Barron?

The two families could not be more different yet some Republicans hold the Trumps up as a paragon of family values. But fail to explain why Trump is more of a family man than Obama.

Why is that?
No kidding. When a poster implies that Trump represents traditional family values, how are you supposed to take anything that poster says seriously?

I mean, it isn't like you're talking about complex issues like immigration or economics. How blind/insane do you have to be to think Trump represents family values more than Obama?

Old 07-25-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Yeah right, be like a Democrat instead.....failures and sore losers with no understanding of America
The Boy Scout code is the complete opposite of what Trump stands for, so in that very real sense, they truly wouldn't have any understanding of that version of America. Your version of America is an immoral wasteland.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Its the combination of being a billionaire and walking into the White House with no experience and defying every scandal the Democrats/media threw at him.
Nobody could have done what Trump did last year, nobody.
Others would have dropped out of the race.
Actually, history is littered with the kind of "leaders" Trump is. He's far from unique. Not a single one of them is memorable for anything positive. I'm only surprised it took as long as it did for America to embrace one.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:30 PM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Family values you say?

Why is that?
I wish I could rep you again. I'd like to see someone try to answer the questions you've posed.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Its probably been mentioned that Obama was a Boy Scout and Trump wasn't but it's also worth noting that Trump was speaking to an audience that perfectly matched his own maturity level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies