Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 05:27 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times

Advertisements

Scouts cheered while Trump ranted about the Washington Post and how he would fire Price if ACA repeals fails, ... He badmouthed Obama and Scouts booed.

Trump to Boy Scouts: Tom Price Is

What has happened to the Boy Scouts?

Taking away health insurance from millions seems a far cry from "to help other people at all times."

As to being "mentally awake" and "morally straight," how does this jibe with cheering a man with a documented history of threatening people, of lying, of making false accusations, ...

BSA leadership put out a weak statement about how they don't get involved in partisan matters. Which is a lie as they invited Trump to speak. It doesn't get much more partisan than that.

Scouts have always had sort of a conservative, religious overlay, but this Hitler youth image may be difficult to shake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 05:30 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
The image of thousands of Boy Scouts cheering Trump is a sad commentary on our times.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:35 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This is just plain ridiculous. Why does every speech have to be about partisan politics and himself?
It's what dictators do. Aim high.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:49 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
This is a little too late don't you agree? Surely the higher ups knew exactly what they
would hear from Trump and never thought to preview his speech. It absolutely couldn't
have been a surprise to anyone.

I just lost respect for the Boy Scouts.

Preview the president's speech? What planet are you talking about? Of course they would not preview the president's speech. Nobody previews the president's speech. Why would they? To "uninvite" him? Nobody does that either, unless they want to be in the center of an immense political firestorm.

The President of the US always has the honorary title of president of the BSA. He gets to speak when he wants to.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:51 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
I finally saw the parts of this speech that has called all the fuss. God God what an embarrassment to the Office of the Presidency this man is.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:52 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
In fairness, can we stop with these types of comments regarding high school aged youth? I've worked with them a bunch, and they're good people who might be glued to their phones a bit too much. Boy Scouts from my experience are much more respectful than average as you might expect.
why let this guy in to damage their spirit? role model he is not- I hope the kids, like most youth, by evening- forgot everything he said and on with the hot dogs, root beer and medal challange--

Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
40,000 cheering for Trump.

Welcome to the real world.

It speaks for itself.

#MAGA
One, I read it was 24,000 people, mostly minors, attending the Jamboree.

Two, yes it certainly does speak for itself but I don't think it says what you think it does.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He isn't making America great but he is doing a great job dividing, very poor leadership but at least he didn't lead the boy scouts in a lock her up chant. Talk a bout a poor role model, very embarrassing to have this debacle at a scout jamboree.
I think the only reason that didn't happen is because the boys were warned beforehand not to do so. Had that warning not occurred I believe the chant would have happened. What a state of affairs we have in this country.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
In fairness, can we stop with these types of comments regarding high school aged youth? I've worked with them a bunch, and they're good people who might be glued to their phones a bit too much. Boy Scouts from my experience are much more respectful than average as you might expect.
This.

The majority of kids I know are more intelligent, better speakers and nicer people than the old dude in the White House. Stop comparing an utterly irrational, hateful man with our youth. Our youth deserve better.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:31 AM

937 posts, read 700,191 times
How is this dictator any different than what Hitler did with his "Hitler Youth" rallies (other then the uniforms??

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article...uleId=10007820
Hitler Youth Movement - History Learning Site

You have a bunch of kids that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground that are very impressionable that were headed together like a flock of sheep. They get blindsided by some whack job line of BS just because he is so desperate for supporters.

This goes hand in hand with the adolescent habit of using some toy idiot phone typing his crap for all to see on the Twatter. Other than both practices being unprofessional, they both are and should be unacceptable to anyone that can see thru this farce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies