Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:29 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Mueller is thorn in Trump's side, and Trump probably has a lot to hide. Mueller is now reportedly following the money trail, which leads through Trump's labyrinth of finances. Trump is getting nervous and will do anything to keep his secrets hidden.
Trump is pissed that since Sessions recused himself (which was the ethically right thing to do), Sessions can't play interference and put the screws to Mueller and obstruct his investigation, much less fire him.

Trump knows it looks bad if he directly fires Sessions and Mueller... so he'll try to make his life unpleasant and undermine him to the point where he will quit.

Then he will pick some good old lackey with unquestioning loyalty to come in as A.G. and fire Robert Mueller.

So... get ready for a Constitutional crisis soon. You hear it here: Trump is preparing to fire Mueller, and he will get it done. He knows his best shot at keeping his secrets is to purge the Justice Department of leaders who serve with some sense of integrity to the law and replace them with loyalists who will look after Trump's interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 10:32 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Mueller should be fired. He is conducting a pure witch hunt

Old 07-25-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mueller should be fired. He is conducting a pure witch hunt
Mueller, unlike Trump, is a man with a strong reputation of integrity. For that matter, so is Comey. Trump will never be half the man Mueller was, even before his years of public service. His record of personal integrity probably puts you or me to shame, for that matter.

Neither Mueller nor Comey have a history of engaging in witch hunts and crooked politics; they have built reputations as men who have a dedication to justice and who follow the evidence

Trump, on the other hand, has no hesitation about engaging in dishonorable, dishonest, and crooked behavior.

It has been noted before that the FBI has collected real forensic data of Russian hacking into our elections. These are dedicated professionals with the best training and technology at their disposal; they are more trustworthy than you. Trump is the one who decided to lie and obstruct the investigation, for reasons that remain unclear.

That you recite Trump's lies and refuse to recognize the legitimacy of the Justice Department's investigation into the evidence gives serious misgivings about your own personal direction.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
So when Newt Gingrich and the Republican gang brought in Ken Starr to investigate Whitewater, a land deal, the investigation lasted seven years, costs $50-$100 million and spiraled into everything from the White House Travel Office, FBI files, Paula Jones, some other thing and then Monica Lewinsky. Would they have accepted Clinton just firing Ken Starr six months into the investigation?

Do Republicans care to know if the president of the country is colluding with Russia? Are they are all concerned that Russia could potentially have damaging information or the ability to control Trump through money? How can Republicans scream about a flag pin but ignore all the things that have been found so far and silently accept if Trump fires Mueller?

This all seems incredibly obvious, yet Trump supporters just put on a hat and say no problem? Trump appears to be terrified of what Mueller will find.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So when Newt Gingrich and the Republican gang brought in Ken Starr to investigate Whitewater, a land deal, the investigation lasted seven years, costs $50-$100 million and spiraled into everything from the White House Travel Office, FBI files, Paula Jones, some other thing and then Monica Lewinsky. Would they have accepted Clinton just firing Ken Starr six months into the investigation?

Do Republicans care to know if the president of the country is colluding with Russia? Are they are all concerned that Russia could potentially have damaging information or the ability to control Trump through money? How can Republicans scream about a flag pin but ignore all the things that have been found so far and silently accept if Trump fires Mueller?
oh silly Seacove, you know IOKIYAR!! I'd say you can't spell Republican without H-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y which of course doesn't work with spelling but certainly works in terms of the meaning.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:53 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
My theory is that it's a ruse to get Sessions and Reps to move on speeding up Hillary, DNC and Obama spying investigations.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
I think Trump is just mad about the Special counsel being appointed and erroneously blames it all on Sessions. So Trump now hates Sessions and wants to get rid of him. If Trump wants Mueller gone then that should be between Trump and Deputy AG Rosenstein wo appointed Mueller

If Trump wanted to just fire Mueller that wouldn't be as bad as this outrageous and disloyal action against Sessions.

It's ridiculous for Trump to blame Sessions for the special counsel. The democrats and even some republicans would've never gave up until Sessions recused and would've appointed a special counsel somehow.

JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Trump has got to be sweating bullets about this situation. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if he resigned with the spiel that he was hounded out of office, Republicans wouldn't support him, etc. That way his finances would never come to light among other things. He could go back to his businesses and constantly whine about how badly he was treated. And just be another footnote in American history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
My theory is that it's a ruse to get Sessions and Reps to move on speeding up Hillary, DNC and Obama spying investigations.
Trump really just cares about one thing: protecting Trump from the Justice Department investigations. And he will stop at nothing to do it.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think Trump is just mad about the Special counsel being appointed and erroneously blames it all on Sessions. So Trump now hates Sessions and wants to get rid of him. If Trump wants Mueller gone then that should be between Trump and Deputy AG Rosenstein wo appointed Mueller

If Trump wanted to just fire Mueller that wouldn't be as bad as this outrageous and disloyal action against Sessions.

It's ridiculous for Trump to blame Sessions for the special counsel. The democrats and even some republicans would've never gave up until Sessions recused and would've appointed a special counsel somehow.
I think Rosenstein would have to fire Mueller but not sure. Unless Trump could fire Sessions, then fire Rosenstein if he refused to fire Mueller. Sounds very...Nixonian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
oh silly Seacove, you know IOKIYAR!! I'd say you can't spell Republican without H-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y which of course doesn't work with spelling but certainly works in terms of the meaning.
I'm just waiting for Republicans to complain about anything a Democrat does after this because I can't think of a single established rule Trump and the GOP hasn't broken in the past year. Anytime they scream, Democrats can just say Republicans did it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies