Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:16 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times

Advertisements

If I were in Trump's position, I wouldn't want a weasel like Sessions to be AG, either. But Trump knows better than anyone, what Mueller is probably finding in his investigations. And he wants someone in the office who he knows will not only obscure justice in his favor, but is capable of doing it effectively. He may not think that the Assistant AG is the right person for that odious assignment. In fact, Trump is looking for a new AG, who does not exist. There isn't anyone who would or could do what he wants. The idea that has been floating around, of Giuliani taking the position, is a laugh. He's like an old pit bull with a lame leg and no teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 02:25 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm wondering just what Russia has on Trump. He seems much more afraid as Mueller keeps working.
Probably money he owes them, seeing as how now american bank would loan him money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
I stopped reading here.
In your DREAMS.
The reason why The President wants Mueller to go away, is because this whole Russia collusion fiction novel is a distraction.
The President doesn't want a distraction, because a threat like North Korea requires maximum attention, and domestically things like healthcare and tax reform are far more important than the Russia collusion fiction novel.
uh uhh and twitter isn't a distraction? How about holding a loyalty meeting where his whole cabinet sits down and blows the Donald? Trump is a distraction, and he will be known as a failure and a ******.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:50 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Some of you are delusional.

Obama admin, Clinton campaign, DNC and RINOs ....
I assume that you know about the Republican dirty tricks team that ran from Nixon's administration, through Reagans' and now lately to Mr Trump.

Yes, everybody digs up dirt on everybody else. We know that.

Most people have something they would not want the general public to know, little gems that can sink a career. For some people it could just be poor choices from High School days, for others perhaps infidelities or bad business deals. It takes a lot of digging but people learn how to do it. For that reason many persons do not go into politics, although they might really want to.

Mr Trump has had a very colorful history. He will be the subject of some very delicious books when he can no longer sue the publishers.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:52 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If I were in Trump's position, I wouldn't want a weasel like Sessions to be AG, either. But Trump knows better than anyone, what Mueller is probably finding in his investigations. And he wants someone in the office who he knows will not only obscure justice in his favor, but is capable of doing it effectively. He may not think that the Assistant AG is the right person for that odious assignment. In fact, Trump is looking for a new AG, who does not exist. There isn't anyone who would or could do what he wants. The idea that has been floating around, of Giuliani taking the position, is a laugh. He's like an old pit bull with a lame leg and no teeth.
Now that is hilarious!!

Old 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM

23,647 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is going to happen to Clinton or Podesta. This is just a pipe dream from your Trumpsters. It is a deflection from the Trump administration.
Of course not. Comey did prove to the world that she was protected.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:09 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I also doubt the Senate would confirm him.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:17 PM

23,647 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Take a deep breath. tRump's illegal dealings with Russia won't land you or anyone in your family in jail. The tRump family is obviously a gang of lying, squirming weasels.

Trumplings should welcome this opportunity to set the record straight. What are you afraid Mueller will find?
What "illegal dealings with Russia"?
No one in the government has come out to say that there is anything to it.
None of the massive amounts of leaks that the MSM has been reporting said that there was anything to it. In fact, CNN said the Trump-Russia story was b.s.

Maybe it wasn't even Russia. Maybe it was the Pakistani that Schultz had hired, and then the dumbocrats in the House hired. They allowed Awan and his crew to have free rein of the House IT system. We know that the government has programs which can make it appear that the hacking that is done can come from any source they want it to. Perhaps Awan and his crew did the hacking and left the Russian footprints.
By the way many people talk, Russia must be pretty darn good at hacking. If the Russians are so good at hacking then they would certainly know how to hide their own footprints.

Quote:
Besides, tRump himself keeps saying there's nothing to find. Nothing. It's just a witch hunt, after all. He doesn't need anyone to "protect" him.
You must thing that Trump does not have the same rights as you or any other person in this country.

Just because Trump knows he's innocent does not mean that he should waive counsel.

If the cops come to you to investigate a murder that you know you didn't commit, would you waive counsel simply because you know you're innocent? I doubt that.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
What "illegal dealings with Russia"?
No one in the government has come out to say that there is anything to it.
None of the massive amounts of leaks that the MSM has been reporting said that there was anything to it. In fact, CNN said the Trump-Russia story was b.s.
Look...

If you want to ignore what's going on because it would rock your little world, then feel free to do that.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will pay attention to unparalleled history in the making.

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't even Russia. Maybe it was the Pakistani that Schultz had hired, and then the dumbocrats in the House hired. They allowed Awan and his crew to have free rein of the House IT system. We know that the government has programs which can make it appear that the hacking that is done can come from any source they want it to. Perhaps Awan and his crew did the hacking and left the Russian footprints.
By the way many people talk, Russia must be pretty darn good at hacking. If the Russians are so good at hacking then they would certainly know how to hide their own footprints.
R-i-i-i-i-ght...

"Maybe it was some 400 lb guy in his bedroom."

Quote:
You must thing that Trump does not have the same rights as you or any other person in this country.
You must be out of imaginary arguments to defend your orange "champion."

Quote:
Just because Trump knows he's innocent does not mean that he should waive counsel.
Feel free to quote a post by anyone, not just me, suggesting that he should waive his right to counsel.

Go ahead.
Quote:
If the cops come to you to investigate a murder that you know you didn't commit, would you waive counsel simply because you know you're innocent? I doubt that.
Well, it's clear that analogies just aren't your thing.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:05 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Mueller is thorn in Trump's side, and Trump probably has a lot to hide. Mueller is now reportedly following the money trail, which leads through Trump's labyrinth of finances. Trump is getting nervous and will do anything to keep his secrets hidden.
Trump is pissed that since Sessions recused himself (which was the ethically right thing to do), Sessions can't play interference and put the screws to Mueller and obstruct his investigation, much less fire him.

Trump knows it looks bad if he directly fires Sessions and Mueller... so he'll try to make his life unpleasant and undermine him to the point where he will quit.

Then he will pick some good old lackey with unquestioning loyalty to come in as A.G. and fire Robert Mueller.

So... get ready for a Constitutional crisis soon. You hear it here: Trump is preparing to fire Mueller, and he will get it done. He knows his best shot at keeping his secrets is to purge the Justice Department of leaders who serve with some sense of integrity to the law and replace them with loyalists who will look after Trump's interests.
Interesting idea!

Someone on the news last might made the same point that they think Trump is trying to harass Sessions until he quits. Which may not go over well with his fellow-senators.

I'm sure he'd like to fire Mueller - but it might be more than Democrats who are up in arms.

Fasten your seatbelts.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:25 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Trump is the biggest crybaby in existence. It's astonishing. He is a literal child in a man's body. He's 71, but with the mentality of a 5 year old.

If Jeff Sessions had guts, he would walk into the Oval Office and tell Trump what he could do to himself followed by a punch in the nose. No person should have to take abuse like this. This is beyond absurd.
It is unbelievable, isn't it. That this idiot could have so much power that he feels he can belittle others, when he is the most offensive and useless individual to have ever been in office (or on the planet). I just cannot wait until he gets his comeuppance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies