Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 11:01 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

I think he's preparing to take Hillary down once and for all and anybody defending her is going to be removed for obstruction of justice. Love that Wasserman Schultz is now on borrowed time. Next up, John Podesta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 11:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think he's preparing to take Hillary down once and for all and anybody defending her is going to be removed for obstruction of justice. Love that Wasserman Schultz is now on borrowed time. Next up, John Podesta.
And if Trump obstructs justice... then what happens? Let me guess: crickets from cons like you?

Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think Rosenstein would have to fire Mueller but not sure. Unless Trump could fire Sessions, then fire Rosenstein if he refused to fire Mueller. Sounds very...Nixonian.
I don't think Trump is trying to fire Mueller per se. Trump is just all pissed off at Sessions for the recusal and now hates Sessions.

It's pretty low way to go doing something like that and has really soured me on Trump.

I also wonder what hand Kushner and Ivanka have in this. It seems likely that if those two supported Sessions then Trump would too. Trump (and Ivanka and Kushner?) has basically gave a big middle finger to all of us America first nationalist and immigration reduction advocates no matter what he says.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:07 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mueller should be fired. He is conducting a pure witch hunt
How would you know what Mueller is doing? He's made none of his findings public. Your knee-jerk claim that it's a witch-hunt, indicates that you think there's plenty for him to learn about Trump and you're afraid that it will be revealed.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Oh, I see. The known multi-pronged investigation into Trump is just a cover for the unpublicized investigation into Clinton.

Makes perfect sense.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
How would you know what Mueller is doing? He's made none of his findings public. Your knee-jerk claim that it's a witch-hunt, indicates that you think there's plenty for him to learn about Trump and you're afraid that it will be revealed.
So true. I think most would consider it critical to know what happened and if we are at any risk. It also is important for Putin to see that the country will investigate. It's important for the whole world to see that the United States will investigate.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:28 PM

I'm telling you... I would put dollars down on it now that in a matter of weeks we will be talking about the Constitutional fallout from Trump's firing of Mueller. Trump has too much to hide and he is too driven by his narcissism and fear to think strategically about consequences. He's just the kind of guy to trample on our Constitutional principles to protect his own hide if necessary. Mueller will crawl up his ass and shatter his act to the point where even the cons won't be able to ignore it, and Trump cannot afford that.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm telling you... I would put dollars down on it now that in a matter of weeks we will be talking about the Constitutional fallout from Trump's firing of Mueller. Trump has too much to hide and he is too driven by his narcissism and fear to think strategically about consequences. Mueller will crawl up his ass and shatter his act to the point where even the cons won't be able to ignore it, and Trump cannot afford that.
I'm wondering just what Russia has on Trump. He seems much more afraid as Mueller keeps working.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:33 PM

23,643 posts, read 12,561,414 times
So far there is not one iota of proof that Trump colluded with Russia.
One would think that with all of the many, many leaks that CNN, etc., are using as truth, at least one of those leaks would have had at least a smidgen of proof that there is something there .. but , nope. In fact, a CNN producer was caught on camera saying Russian collusion story was a b.s. story.

Last time I voted there were two names on the ballot. Like McCain was trying to say when he garbled his words ... 'Why isn't Hillary being investigated, too?' .. Funny, but no one wants to answer that question, either on here or in the government.

Odd that they decided to investigate Jill Stein, when Hillary has far more connections then Stein seems to have.

They are investigating Trump because he won . period . If Hillary had won, would this same thing be going on , with her instead Trump .. nope, she's too protected. It would have been swept under the rug, Obama knew that and that's why he didn't make a big deal about the (alleged) Russian hacking. If Hillary had won the story would have been silenced.

And, as far as the hero-worship that the OP has on Comey, he's no boy scout.
He lied under oath , twice.
He broke protocol when he publicly listed out the wrongs that Hillary had done. Which is the reason Rosenstein suggesting firing him.
He massively stepped outside of his paygrade by making the decision to not charge her. (proving to the World that she is protected) Whether to charge her or not was not his call to make, commenting on the wrongs she'd done was not his job, publicly commenting on the wrongs was, well, wrong .. it was his job to hand over the file to the DOJ and he failed.
He leaked information, apparently some of it was sensitive info.
He was tied to the Clinton Foundation, whether he made any of his many millions through that connection is unknown, and probably will never be known. I could say that he did make money from that connection, and I do believe that he did, but I would not say publicly that 'without a doubt he did' , since there is no proof. But, what does the left care about proof when they say without a doubt that there was a Trump-Russia connection when there is not one shred of proof.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm wondering just what Russia has on Trump. He seems much more afraid as Mueller keeps working.
Just my speculation... I think it may not be something directly with Trump-Putin collusion and more something shady with his pre-Presidency business dealings, potentially with Russians and also other international stakeholders. It would come full circle as to why he was so eager to keep all his finances out of any public scrutiny. We basically know nothing about how this guy has really operated for the last several decades. And yes, he does seem afraid. The way he is acting now with the obstruction and lying just suggests that he has something out there that he wants to keep out of the spotlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies