Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Keep waiting for all I care.
Typical. All talk, no backbone.

No wonder you voted for Captain Bonespurs.

Lol.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:02 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'll do you one better.

4,000 women are killed every year by estranged partners.

Why are Trump and the gang not outraged over that instead of the constant yammering about carnage in Chicago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not sure about this compulsion to bring up still more problems -- that people are certainly just as concerned about -- to somehow suggest we should not be "yammering" about racist issues, or the crime rate in Chicago...

Sure, let's add all the gun violence, gangs, drugs, poverty, Wall Street fraud, corruption in government, and let's call it "yammering" if that's your thing too, but focus on one problem does not mean there isn't focus on others.

If anything, we've got a few too many problems that no one seems to know how to fix, certainly not Trump, and gets to point we just can't focus on all our problems at once. Hell, we can't even get the fundamentals understood about just one of our problems like the one this thread is about just for starters!
I agree that we are facing way too many problems and way too few solutions.

What I was responding to was a post about how we should be more concerned about Black on Black carnage because 2,000 more black people were killed than the 16 unarmed black men that were murdered by cops last year.

If we're going by the number of people killed, women murdered by men is the big winner. 4,000 murdered as opposed to the 2,000 Black on Black murders.

Nary a mention about that. Not from Trump. Not from Rs who are all law and order.

Nearly everyone knows a woman who was killed by a man she no longer wanted to keep company with. About ten women a day are killed. A woman is shot to death as she goes into her parents' home, as she leaves work, ... Day after day after day.

Would like to see those football players taking a knee for that.

Or at least the Rs bring it up from time to time while they are carrying on about the murder rate.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree but this whole thing would have been over before it started if the Trump hand't turned it into a political issue, he's a child in a man's body. He taunts like a 9 year old school yard bully would. He engages in a war of words with his mini-me in North Korea and between the two of them they threaten every human being in the world with annihilation.
COMPLETE BS. This was made political by the players and media. This was gaining momentum prior to Trump taking office or tweeting about it.

I guess you just heard about it this week.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
He's not sorry he said it, he's just sorry he got caught and that he no longer lives in a world where he could have gotten away with it.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Only a racist would automatically think it was about skin color.
I think people can guess what you would call coach Tomlin behind closed doors (not with him present, of course). If he were present you would call him 'Sir'

Old 09-26-2017, 12:05 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree but this whole thing would have been over before it started if the Trump hand't turned it into a political issue, he's a child in a man's body. He taunts like a 9 year old school yard bully would. He engages in a war of words with his mini-me in North Korea and between the two of them they threaten every human being in the world with annihilation.

Trump is just pissed because the NFL kept him out of their billionaires club. He tried to sue them and got embarrassed. Technically he won but the reward was just one dollar. Basically the court patted him on the head and gave him a thanks for participating trophy.

Another business he drove into ground.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:05 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It isn't a free speech issue. Stop believing everything the media tells you. This is a workplace conduct issue. The NFL's customers (fans) don't want to have politics, especially anti American politics forced into their entertainment, and relaxation time. They go to games, or watch on TV to escape day to day politics. It is an intrusion on their time, and money.

This is a blatant insult to fans, and the NFL is now in the spot of supporting elements of their product their CUSTOMERS DON'T LIKE.
People do like to have that separation from entertainment and politics. My husband hates politics so when it's in things he enjoys he gets angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Damn, my Facebook is blowing up with angry rants about disrespectful football players.
I've had to take a break from it. It's too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Look at the forest not one individual tree.
The players get paid to play a game, their personal opinions while in uniform, getting paid, on the playing field have no place there. It really is that simple.
This is where I am at. They are paid to play a game. Earlier I used Wilson and Watts as an example that they have used their status as football players to make a difference off the field. Not make their statement on the field.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:07 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Yes it is cliché. It's said so much by the very people who say it shouldn't be said it has become cliché. Kinda hard to hide behind your racist thoughts if all you can hear in your head is racism. Grow up.
We're not talking about my words, we're talking about yours.

You said it was cliche
Then you denied you were talking about race
and now you admit you were talking about the N-word all along

and like a true Cult-45-ist, now you are somehow trying to spin this about my beliefs.

You just proved you were lying when you denied you were talking race. Your response is to call someone else a racist. Frustrating.

Back on topic though: Yes, I'm sure the chief regrets what he said. Not because of how it may have hurt others, but because of how it hurt himself.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,249 times
Everyone's anger and frustration is wholly misdirected.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think people can guess what you would call coach Tomlin behind closed doors (not with him present, of course). If he were present you would call him 'Sir'
Please. There's a higher chance of Captain Bonespurs doing a standing backflip than that poster even opening his mouth in Tomlin's direction.

But this topic and thread is more evidence of the lack of tolerance for differing opinions by Trump supporters and how they react.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies