Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:48 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Fire chief calls Mike Tomlin a racial slur, then

I think this fire chief is undermining his point.

Ya think? Not only that, but these fake apologies people offer once news gets out about what they said, are so disingenuous. If it's so easy for you to use that word, it's not the first time you've used it.

I like Tomlin. I think what he did was put his players in a position where they were far less disrespectful than what some of the players are doing when they remain seated. (not to be confused with taking a knee)

Old 09-26-2017, 11:49 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I have more creative words for Tomlin than that tired old cliché.
Like which ones? Which words would you use to berate someone based on their skin color, exactly?

Old 09-26-2017, 11:50 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Like which ones? Which words would you use to berate someone based on their skin color, exactly?
Only a racist would automatically think it was about skin color.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:51 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Is it really a big deal? - I hear that particular word more now on TV, than I did 40 years ago.
In movies directed by progressives. They are in love with the word.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:52 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's like, he's made a conscious lifestyle choice to always be wrong.
Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech...
BUT
No company nor institution is bound by that restriction.
They can surely fire / dismiss any employee whose behavior does harm to the company / institution.

And since most if not all NFL stadiums were built with taxpayer funds, it is quite appropriate to kick NFL to the curb for their disrespect of the symbols of patriotism and sacrifice by those who came before.

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Oakland kids should be more worried about their brothers and sisters being gunned down on the streets daily by their own peers.
Most human beings have the capacity to worry about more than one thing at a time.

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Ya think? Not only that, but these fake apologies people offer once news gets out about what they said, are so disingenuous. If it's so easy for you to use that word, it's not the first time you've used it.

I like Tomlin. I think what he did was put his players in a position where they were far less disrespectful than what some of the players are doing when they remain seated. (not to be confused with taking a knee)
Tomlin is an ass. He made that player apologize for coming out onto the field and respecting the anthem. The guy is a vet no less. It seems Tomlin only wants it one way, no room for someone to have a different opinion. Even Rothlesberger came out saying it was a mistake what they did. Division is starting in the locker rooms.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:53 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Your mistake was calling the usage of the N word a cliche...so you're really saying you would say something else to him that has nothing to do with that word. But your initial post implied something else...

Old 09-26-2017, 11:54 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Still waiting.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:55 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I agree with this! Take religion/politics off the field. But let's go a step farther take it out of schools and government buildings as well.
I agree religion and politics have no place in professional sports.
My five year old is a huge NY Giants fan. Loves Odell Beckham Jr (much to my dismay as I feel he is a horrible role model). Well this weekend Odell decided to crawl around like a dog and lift his leg to pee after a touch down. It is now being hinted at that he did this in response to Trumps statement...
This morning my son was playing imaginary football and when he scored his imaginary touchdown he got on all fours and started pretending to pee like a dog.... My husband immediately asked what the heck he was doing, his response "I am doing what Odell does!"...
Moral: Lets keep football, football and leave politics out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies