Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times

Advertisements

Ah, this is one central problem with Trump supporters, and often with Republicans in general: As long as their own lives are running smoothly (often insulated by money), they don't much care what's happening outside their little circle.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm likely repeating some things that others have said, but I'll mention a couple of things.

1. Before he even was elected, he did horrifying damage just to our normal civil discourse. The media made a big mistake, even with facetious coverage, to normalize what was disgusting behavior, with his flagrantly insulting even members of his own party, with his condoning violence, with his implied contempt for due process ("String her up!").

2. If you would bother to read beyond what may be your narrow sources, you'd be aware that we are being regarded by mockery and contempt by most decent nations, our traditional allies. The countries that Trump has spoken well of are countries with contemptible authoritarian records - Philippines, Saudi Arabia, etc.

3. He has trampled on most of the traditional values of the American ideal - the First Amendment, generosity toward people in need, etc.

4. He is denigrating one of the founding principles of America, the importance of a free press and the reliability of the electoral process.

5. He is not only endlessly lying
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...umps-lies.html
but also continually spouting the most blatant hypocrisy. This is a country that used to have the idea that truth was important.

6. His contemptible personal qualities - bigotry, misogyny - are being normalized. (It shows your own narrowness if words like "misogynist" are outside your normal life.)

7. I hope you don't need to tell you that he's trying to pull the rug out from under millions in terms of their health care.

8. He may be now dragging us to the brink of a nuclear war. I can't believe your crazy comment that North Korea would be no match for us. Are you really so ignorant as to believe that if we start dropping nuclear bombs that we'll be able to just sit back complacently with no bad consequences?

I'm always sorry to hear about people like you who feel that everything's okay because your life is comfortable.
My life is comfortable, too. But my concerns go beyond my own small life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
He embarrassed the Democrats and Progressives who seemed to have a lock on things. He's the fly in the ointment and they have a vested interest in making sure nobody takes him seriously or starts to think of him in positive terms. It's their survival at risk and America is what they hide behind. It's too bad, he has some good ideas that most Americans can get behind but it's being lost in a sea of nonsense. It's one thing to complain about the POTUS when you truly believe his policies are harmful to the country and the citizens, but it's another thing complain about EVERYTHING, especially when people cross over to crazy town to try and convince themselves bad is good and down is up JUST so they can find something to complain about.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:35 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
No, it just means the MSM has you scared thinking N. Korea would be any match for us.
No it would not!!- but two AXXholes crazies taunting each other does NOT warrant the death or maiming of a ANY soldier or the da^^ expense to blow up one of their nuclear toys --not to talk about the fall out to environment etc etc
go shoot self out of a cannon aimed at NK-- so happy with it all

whether we like it or not, unless God intervenes- by HIS grace - (not wishing ill) the congress and the media have to keep this bull penned up in the china shop or the USA

Old 08-12-2017, 05:41 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yup, this right here is why the U.S is in such sad shape.

Your should be proud!
We are in great shape outside of the mass delusions that are stressing out liberals. My 401K is up 30%, we are closing in on full employment and illegal criminals are being removed. Life is good, better than it's been in a long time

Old 08-12-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
You're on the verge of a nuclear war with No. Korea. Does that count as 'damage?
You could try breathing into a paper bag.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We are in great shape outside of the mass delusions that are stressing out liberals. My 401K is up 30%, we are closing in on full employment and illegal criminals are being removed. Life is good, better than it's been in a long time
yep--stay focused on your bank account-- and whatever they tell you-BTW Some closer in the trenches have a different view-- but no worries-- go check on your stocks

Old 08-12-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
yep--stay focused on your bank account-- and whatever they tell you-on faux n right-radio. BTW - Some closer in the trenches have a much different view-- but no worries-- go check on your stocks

Old 08-12-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yep--stay focused on your bank account-- and whatever they tell you-BTW Some closer in the trenches have a different view-- but no worries-- go check on your stocks
Ok, lets talk about your problems. How can we help you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies