Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 08:38 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,825 times

Advertisements

There seems to be lots of keywords being thrown around by the left which they probably hear on TV and repeat it all over the internet (like 'pathological liar' 'misogynist,' etc [word's that people wouldn't otherwise use in daily conversation, but apparently it makes them sound smart, or cool, or part of the 'in' crowd, whatever]). One word I see often here is that Trump has somehow "damaged" this nation. How so specifically? My life is great. What happened to yours since he took office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 08:41 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
One word I see often here is that Trump has somehow "damaged" this nation. How so specifically?
12 years ago, Trump bragged about grabbing women by their private parts.

For shame.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:42 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Note that 'damaging America' does not mean that this effects a person personally. It's about the country, not yourself.

As far as your question, he's only added to the political divisiveness which is tearing this country apart and seems to have little respect for separate of powers or conventional rules of the presidency, neither of which suggest making America great again as it only strays from the things that made America great.

And I expect you to ignore this post, just as you ignored the one in the other thread you started where I pointed out that you sited a study that shows that twice the amount of US citizens when compared to Muslims believes that killing civilians is ever justified. You're free to prove me wrong and respond to both.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:42 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
he isn't a PROG and he didn't make people bow at the PROG ALTER.

in other news, Trump has the exact same immigration policy the left had 20 years ago before PROGS figured out they needed dirt poor unskilled foreigners to vote them into office, and the rest of the dems got co-opted by big business.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Note that 'damaging America' does not mean that this effects a person personally. It's about the country, not yourself.

As far as your question, he's only added to the political divisiveness which is tearing this country apart and seems to have little respect for separate of powers or conventional rules of the presidency, neither of which suggest making America great again as it only strays from the things that made America great.

And I expect you to ignore this post, just as you ignored the one in the other thread you started where I pointed out that you sited a study that shows that twice the amount of US citizens when compared to Muslims believes that killing civilians is ever justified. You're free to prove me wrong and respond to both.
I only ignore the nonsensical things you say. Why start an argument on a ridiculous premise?

As for "tearing this country apart" (another keyword you guys like), it seems you liked politics the way it was before he came on the scene. I (and many) for one, believe he has shaken up 'politics as usual' like no one has ever done before. He has started a new dialogue and people (on both sides) are asking questions and learning more about politics (and the media, etc) than they ever have before.

It's a perspective thing, but of course, you seem to have trouble understanding other's perspectives based on your posts.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:50 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
The only division and violence is coming from the Left. I live in a blue state so I know firsthand. Remember when Hillary made a big deal about Trump not accepting the results of the election and how it would destroy democracy?

"Do as Dems say, not as they do." Hey, that would be a great new slogan for them. Catchier than 'A Better Deal for sure.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The only division and violence is coming from the Left. I live in a blue state so I know firsthand. Remember when Hillary made a big deal about Trump not accepting the results of the election and how it would destroy democracy?

"Do as Dems say, not as they do." Hey, that would be a great new slogan for them. Catchier than 'A Better Deal for sure.
True, but I think they chose "A Better Deal" because they realize Trump's successes and are now trying to copy him.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:54 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
The immediate wallet effects have been:
1) heath care - higher premiums and fewer choices as insurance companies deal with the uncertainty and legislative chaos
2) the plunging dollar - The "White House soap opera" has fueled the dollar's decline, according to Kit Juckes, a macro strategist at Societe Generale. "Confidence in the U.S. administration's ability to deliver growth-boosting fiscal policies is at rock bottom,"

Old 08-04-2017, 08:54 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I only ignore the nonsensical things you say. Why start an argument on a ridiculous premise?

As for "tearing this country apart" (another keyword you guys like), it seems you liked politics the way it was before he came on the scene. I (and many) for one, believe he has shaken up 'politics as usual' like no one has ever done before. He has started a new dialogue and people (on both sides) are asking questions and learning more about politics (and the media, etc) than they ever have before.

It's a perspective thing, but of course, you seem to have trouble understanding other's perspectives based on your posts.

To be clear, you consider pointing out that you don't know how to read data to be "nonsensical?"

I understand your perspective. I disagree with it.

Let me ask you this, do you disagree that he's politically divisive? And to be clear, I don't deny that it's been going on for a while. He didn't start this, but he is making it worse. So, I'll let you answer the question: do you believe he's helping or hurting?

Because I'm of the belief that we cannot have a republic if we have Democrats hating Republicans and Republicans hating Democrats. Certainly not with the scale we're dealing with now. *******s have been around for centuries, but the number has gone up. What has Trump done to address that? I mean, he's quick to be critical of congress and their unwillingness to work and compromise? That's part of that same problem. So far as I can tell, his' big strategy is just complaining and usually pointing fingers, the latter only making the issue worse.

You also ignored the point on separation of powers (and the point where 20% [19% actually] of Muslims believe that killing civilians is ok and 38% [literally doubled form 19%] of the US general population think it's ok... but facts are nonsense right? Or do you use unique numbers based on your 'perspective' and I just don't get how 20 is actually more than 40?).

Old 08-04-2017, 08:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

Agreed. I'll add to this one:

He's a global embarrassment. He's never bothered to learn the job and it shows when he's in front of a camera and when he's interacting with other heads of state.

If people all over the country took jobs and never bothered to learn how to do them, the whole country would fall apart.

Trump's followers expect more from a cashier at the local McDonald's than they expect from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies