Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 06:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
2% pick 27% of America's crops, & up to 45% of crops in some states. You always forget that part
Please PROVE that food prices would go up a lot with NO illegal aliens doing the work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 06:30 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
I have seen white Americans doing work that used to have illegal immigrants doing it... ironically the illegal immigrants doing work charge as much as other Americans doing the same work... and the illegal immigrants don't even pay taxes!! Ironic...

Old 08-10-2017, 06:34 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
How about we deport all the illegals first and then see how much food prices go up? I think this "the crops will die" stuff put out by Big Ag is about as valid as the "shortage" stuff put out by Big Tech.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
LOL what a joke I've been all over Ca. this summer and haven't seen or heard of one crop rotting because there was nobody to pick it. people are really ignorant for believing this stuff.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Illegal immigrants in México coming from Central America from my perspective are neither alien nor foreigners nor ilegal, they are from my perspective Celtral Ámerican Mexicans. for 300 year Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, were ruled from Mexico city and they got independent with us and formed part of Mexico until USA started to push their masonic movement to Split it from México.

From my part this is divine Justice that they who are emigrating away from the chaos that USA caused there are finding their way to the Nation which promised them a better future out of Mexico. That is why we in México give money to beggar Central Americans in our streets who are moving North to the Border. Either way they we will be benefited if they succed to cross the border they will find Justice in the country which caused pain there in their own nations, and they will be grateful to mexicans who help them to reach their goal, if they are not successful in crossing they will settle in the cities of the border increasing the mexican population there.
Uh; the US was NOT strong enough around 1830 to do much to Mexico; either that or Mexico was MUCH weaker since that country didn't fight to keep Guatemala. Too; in 2017, word is Mexico does NOT Guatemala back.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
People don't want to pay five cents more for a bag of lettuce but they eagerly shell out hundreds for the latest iPhone
And there is a reason for that. Lettuce goes bad after a certain amount of time, and you have to eat it. An iPhone is used long term and can last a long time if made right. You cannot compare durable goods to non-durable goods.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please PROVE that food prices would go up a lot with NO illegal aliens doing the work.
Why would you ask me to prove it, I never made that claim. I don't think they would go up much, the result would just be less profit to farmers. What you don't seem to understand is that I am not in favor of illegal immigration, what I do support is a decent guest worker program, something that we don't have now.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:05 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
LOL what a joke I've been all over Ca. this summer and haven't seen or heard of one crop rotting because there was nobody to pick it. people are really ignorant for believing this stuff.
Thank you.

And screw any healthy American who wants welfare but won't work in the fields. I did it, from age 11 to 26--- And I've always been semi-crippled, even as a child. Why should I have to do it but they don't?????

Old 08-10-2017, 07:06 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And there is a reason for that. Lettuce goes bad after a certain amount of time, and you have to eat it. An iPhone is used long term and can last a long time if made right. You cannot compare durable goods to non-durable goods.
Oh you most certainly can compare one good to another. You can compare whatever you want. Open your mind.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The truth comes out: many companies LIKE slave labor. That's right: people who wanna protect illegal aliens ain't any better than people who like slavery.
When did I say I wanted to protect illegal aliens? What I have said is that Trump's war on illegal immigrants is a just red meat for the base; picking off a few hundred people here and there, then issue a press release bragging about it. If he wanted to stop illegal immigration he would go after the employers and prosecute them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies