Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 07:28 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You can't talk about picking crops in CA without talking about illegals from Mexico. The two things are tied together in a big way in that the vast majority of illegals who pick crops in this state are from Mexico, not Haiti nor any other country. This discussion is about CA, not Florida.
Exactly! Why do some people always have to pull the race card? Facts are facts and they aren't racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 07:31 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Excellent post! I would much rather give tax breaks to farmers investing in equipment like this then spend more than $113 billion a year supporting illegal aliens who have anchor babies that we also support. Investing in the equipment in investing in our country!

Send them "home", all of them!

Agricultural visas are available: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...ltural-workers

Maybe we should be confiscating the assets of these agricultural operations "hiring and harboring" illegal aliens as that is a crime.
Well, you see, equipment is an investment, farmers can get deductions for this... smart ones in NY had very nice machinery not your old plow behind a V tired Deere 520...

They also had intricate irrigation systems too.

The problem with crop yield in NY was when cityiots migrated north and wanted to put an end on deer hunting. So... you let the deer population explode, and they would do a number on acres worth of corn, corn that fed milk and beef cattle...
So... what happens? Farmers either sold off their land for cityiots to build on for weekend/summer homes, or, got more in subsidies.
How would I know?
I knew many farmers. I used to fix their trucks, and fix their equipment on the side...
That's okay. Let DEC take care of it, go to Vermont capture a few mountain lions to thin the herd. Only problem, the big cats LOVE chicken and love dragging calves and Colts over fences to gnaw on

That's part of why you can't have nice things in NY...

Old 08-10-2017, 07:39 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
What happened to all the American's that would pick crops like in "The Grapes of Wrath"?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:05 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,119 times
Well I have another proposition, What about derregulating Food market so NAFTA can work properly and Mexico can ship all veggies and sugar and meat you need to eat?. You can say that Mexico is like a Big California or California is a Small Mexico, We don't have Cold winters, we don't have one single harvest season, and yes we have a lot of people who knows to work in the Fields and the crops. All you need is to stop PROTECTIONISM.

Anyway you are not going to go back into the Crop fields whatsoever.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 08-10-2017 at 08:32 AM..

Old 08-10-2017, 09:06 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Well I have another proposition, What about derregulating Food market so NAFTA can work properly and Mexico can ship all veggies and sugar and meat you need to eat. You can say taht Mexico is like a Big California or California is a Small Mexico, We don't have Cold winters, we don't have one single harvest season, and yes we have a lot of people who knows to work in the Fields and the crops. All you need is to stop PROTECTIONISM.

That's not the only reason for the fake outrage over the crop situation in California.
The real reason is California is losing future democrats...

Guess you could say there's a crop crisis there.
California wouldn't allow such a thing to happen. Pelosi and the rest of the moonbats need a class of people's backs to stand on and grandstand for to remain relevant.
You see, without that, they don't have any supporters to exploit. And exploit they do well.

Go to California and look how many Mexicans groom their lush mansions in gated communities, you don't see them sharing neighborhoods with the dem/Lib elite.
They live in gated HOAs expressing first world problems to justify their existence in politics, and why illegals regardless of country of origin are beneficial to the nation.

Meet your modern day plantation masters.
Nancy Pelosi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mBdJLKLnibs

Rham Emanuel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-QaoE...ature=youtu.be

I could go on with the rest of them.

They have no other agenda than to pander to a foreign body, make false promises of "The American Dream"

I know and am friends with quite a few who came here legally from Mexico. They wanted to escape poverty, the cartels and other plaguing issues. 2 own businesses and are very successful, and absolutely can not stand the agenda that Democrats push/agenda of welcoming what they escaped. They've said the same thing about nafta in that it would benefit Mexicos economy but it wouldn't work, California and the rest of the border states democrats would lose relevancy.

The nafta deal you speak of would be beneficial to Mexico. Democrats would never allow that to happen though.

If there were harvesting machines like I had posted being used in California over illegals the illegals would be into other areas of labor. Roofing, home repairs/drywall landscaping you name it. Until machines took those tasks over, there would need to be someone to do it for as cheap as possible. Due to exchange rates what 250 dollars is equal to what? 4500-5000 pesos?

Do yourself a favor. Sell your land and houses to the wealthy Gringos for big $ not a bargain. As someone who watched what happened to once pristine land and lake with cityiots from the boroughs building weekend and summer homes for getting bargains on land... don't sell low. They've got the money. Cost you what 30 dollars was it per square foot to build a brick house complete with tile floor and granite counters according to one friend who owns villas in Mexico along the coast that he rents to Americans on vacation...

Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 AM

Losing Democrats in California to turn it Republican is something that is going to happen with time but not for Migration Policies, but by alternance in the parties.

Any way Republicans are closer to lose Texas than Democrats to lose California. and When Republicans lose Texas the Repúblicans will be forced to change their Ethnophobic speach. Baby Boomers are Dying and fertility rate among White supremacists is going down.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:44 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Is he selling to " Big Grocery"?
I am not sure but I do know that most of the money comes from beef. I know he sells the grass fed-no hormone beef to a large company.

Upstate NY is lacking jobs in a major way. These Americans who live up there (in the Catskills) do not have many options. So they are forced to work on the farms, I guess. AND they do it. One of the workers I spoke with was in is forties and his farm went under (he said due to regulations etc. he was a milk farmer). Very proud people.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:52 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Losing Democrats in California to turn it Republican is something that is going to happen with time but not for Migration Policies, but by alternance in the parties.

Any way Republicans are closer to lose Texas than Democrats to lose California. and When Republicans lose Texas the Repúblicans will be forced to change their Ethnophobic speach. Baby Boomers are Dying and fertility rate among White supremacists is going down.
Do us a favor and tell your neighbors, kids, whoever you can on that side of the border to just come here legally already. Do you think it would be ok if we treated your illegal people like your government treats them on the southern border? Would you be ok with that? I would.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:54 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Well I have another proposition, What about derregulating Food market so NAFTA can work properly and Mexico can ship all veggies and sugar and meat you need to eat?. You can say that Mexico is like a Big California or California is a Small Mexico, We don't have Cold winters, we don't have one single harvest season, and yes we have a lot of people who knows to work in the Fields and the crops. All you need is to stop PROTECTIONISM.

I have no problem with that. California on the other hand will never let that happen for obvious reasons. Agriculture is a huge part of their economy. Jerry Brown and the ultra liberal legislature would be pooping in their pants before you could say Avocado.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Do us a favor and tell your neighbors, kids, whoever you can on that side of the border to just come here legally already. Do you think it would be ok if we treated your illegal people like your government treats them on the southern border? Would you be ok with that? I would.
Illegal immigrants in México coming from Central America from my perspective are neither alien nor foreigners nor ilegal, they are from my perspective Celtral Ámerican Mexicans. for 300 year Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, were ruled from Mexico city and they got independent with us and formed part of Mexico until USA started to push their masonic movement to Split it from México.

From my part this is divine Justice that they who are emigrating away from the chaos that USA caused there are finding their way to the Nation which promised them a better future out of Mexico. That is why we in México give money to beggar Central Americans in our streets who are moving North to the Border. Either way they we will be benefited if they succed to cross the border they will find Justice in the country which caused pain there in their own nations, and they will be grateful to mexicans who help them to reach their goal, if they are not successful in crossing they will settle in the cities of the border increasing the mexican population there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies