Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 03:15 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I still haven't seen one reason why now. Why not one Democrat had an issue with statues over the last eight years!
As has been pointed out to you, that's not true.

Once again, just because you choose to ignore events doesn't mean those events didn't happen.

Statues have been coming down since at least August of 2015 when UT Austin took down one of Jefferson Davis.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/08...derate-statue/

Why do you not know this if you care so much? Why do you continue to lie about it when presented with facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
As has been pointed out to you, that's not true.

Once again, just because you choose to ignore events doesn't mean those events didn't happen.

Statues have been coming down since at least August of 2015 when UT Austin took down one of Jefferson Davis.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/08...derate-statue/

Why do you not know this if you care so much? Why do you continue to lie about it when presented with facts?
Can you show me one time that Pelosi, Obama and Reid spoke about all these statues having to go, in the last 8 years?

You show one statue and with that narrative you want to say that Obama and Pelosi and democrats brought it up!

You must drink to much of the Democratic kool aid.

So far we have seen the National anthem attacked, stomping on the American flag and much other BS and in the end the Democrats lost hundreds of seats over the last eight years!

Keep it up Democrats as we love winning!

Old 08-19-2017, 07:27 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Doesn't anyone else wonder why under Democratic leadership the statues were not of any issue but now it has become their biggest issue aside from Russian collusion or is it just a way for their propaganda narrative of division and increase racism?
It's the states who decide not the president. And this chatter has been going on for years...do we take them down, do we leave them? It should be up to the states and so far most want them removed.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:36 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Yes, I did wonder, but soon realized "statues" have become another avenue for the democrats to whine about something.

If this latest "statue flap" held any water, why did our school system teach us to be proud of our American History? Why did I waste my time getting all "A(s)" in American History? Why did we take class trips to visit our National Monuments, and why did we feel proud of our heritage? Why are scholarships offered to high school students who excel in American History? Do teachers these days have to omit part of our American history when teaching? Can they be sued for saying America is proud of its history? What about the history books?.....are they going to tear out some pages?
What a can of worms!
I don't believe students have been taught enough of the real history of this country. I know I didn't learn that much about how our country was built on the backs of slaves or how the white man pretty much massacred the Native Americans and drove them off of their land. Hope you weren't taught that Columbus discovered America either.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:38 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Right wing internet trolls (including many on this forum) have become emboldened by Trump and came out of the shadows. The publicized removal of a statue in Charlotesville created a "flash-mob" scenario for them to come out and let their racist voices be heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I agree.
Seems Pres Trump changed the atmosphere for radical (hater) groups to speak out.
That's right...'came out of the shadows'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
trump campaigned on this, hate and bigotry ,why is anyone surprised?
All of these are true and the big reason why there is now such a big issue on removing those statues.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:55 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Can you show me one time that Pelosi, Obama and Reid spoke about all these statues having to go, in the last 8 years?

You show one statue and with that narrative you want to say that Obama and Pelosi and democrats brought it up!

So far we have seen the National anthem attacked, stomping on the American flag and much other BS and in the end the Democrats lost hundreds of seats over the last eight years!

We never had klansmen an nazis marching around a Robert e. Lee monument in protest, this president has given them new hope. That is what is driving the removal of some monuments.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:56 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Because they approved of them.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:59 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Modern day Democrats are being removed from office, might as well remove the statues of Democrats of the past.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:45 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

Here's Obama praising the removal of the confederate flag.

Obama praises removal of Confederate flag | TheHill

The statues are an obvious extension of that, and their removal was also being pushed back then.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...rolina/396836/

Once again, your choice to be ignorant doesn't constitute hypocrisy on the part of liberals, or whatever idiotic argument you're trying to make based on nothing more than your complete denial of historical fact.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
There's a concerted effort by people with a lot of money to do one thing after the next to cause disruption in the country under Trump.

This isn't going to go away until he's out, so buckle up, we're all in for a bumpy ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies