Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:16 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I take my news from fox news and it is sad the level of ethnophbics and hispanofobics there ¿how many hispanics work in the news or th talk shows in Fox news?... none. simply none.
Geraldo Rivera.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
I take my news from fox news and it is sad the level of ethnophbics and hispanofobics there ¿how many hispanics work in the news or th talk shows in Fox news?... none. simply none.
Are people seriously demanding representation from other countries now?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:17 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
And how many whites work for Telemundo?

Shut up, dude. For real. You're absolutely mad, and its people like you who got Trump voted in. We're sick of the BS from ALL sides. Go away.
I guess many, the ones who speak spanish and are White.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Exchange rate buddy, that is the sole cause.
That's the only reason MILLIONS of people opt to commit a crime and break in?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:21 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
As I said the thing here is that NO Trump is not a democratic President as you actually stated, stop pretending that you live in a democracy cause you don't.

AND YOU MUST ADDRESS THAT ISSUE.
It isn't an issue and we are not pretending we live in a democracy, because we know we don't.

The U.S. is a democracy only in the sense the citizens rule through freely elected representatives. Our votes are counted by using a system called the electoral college, rather than popular or majority vote.

The U.S. is a Republican Government, (governed by a rule of law) ...

What are the Advantages of Republican Government?

"The Founders thought a republican government was the best kind of government they could choose for themselves. They believed that the advantages of republican government were:

Fairness. They believed that laws made by the representatives they elected would be fair. If their representatives did not make fair laws, they could elect others who would.
Common welfare. The laws would help everyone instead of one person or a few favored people.
Freedom and prosperity. People would have greater freedom and be able to live well."

_________

We've known this since grade school, or at least those of us who remember doing this:
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands ...

There is deductive reasoning I could comment on, but just knowing it is enough.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
It does, it does. Lok if your politicians there in USA addressed the poors by preaching them that the cause of their poverty is their babies and not the unfair share of wealth of work then the poors are pushed to HUMAN SACRIFICES TO MAMMON so they stop being poor, and there is the USA's Middle Class.

But then it happens that your politicians see that in América outside the USA the other nations grow faster tan the natural growth inside USA and then they push the abortion agenda worldwide to stop the growth of the otehr nations.

Your politician interveen in México pushin that abortion agenda and the gay agenda and pushing an agenda of hate against my people and an agenda of corporate colonialism. so I MUST address them pointing how antidemocratic USA is. Awaking USA citizens to unite the rest of Américan nations who are democracies.

That would be considered racist in our country. See, this is why you're ill-equipped to speak of what's going on here. Unless you live here, you're clueless.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:22 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No that isn't the cause. The cause is extremists demanding to have their way regardless of what is best for the nation. Extremists are rioting. Extremists hate minorities. Extremists self hate.
What hate speech was used against your country?
That murderers and rapists from your country have illegally entered ours? That is a true statement. Our prisons have thousands from your country locked up for those crimes.
Was it untrue that millions from your country have entered our country illegally?
Sorry if the truth hurts, but it is true none the less. Why is it wrong for the USA to enforce our immigration laws but is right for yours to do so? We all know your agenda. You have made it clear many times. You want open borders between the USA and Mexico. You want an amnesty. Trump is against an amnesty and Hillary would have rubber stamped an amnesty. Be honest... Your entire reason for this thread is that you are disgruntled about Trump's position on immigration. If he was pro amnesty you never would have started this thread. Be honest...

You nailed it! Thank you!

Old 08-23-2017, 09:23 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
I see many brainwashed trumpeters repeating themselves that Trump WON.

NO he LOSE and yet he is the president. And that just shows how antidemocratic the electoral system in USA can be...

GET IT FOR ONCE.
LOL, thanks for making me laugh first thing in the morning. Now the rest of my day will be great.

Seriously, you're as funny as the three stooges. Too bad they aren't still around, you'd a made a great writer for some of their material.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:23 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
I tried to translate that to English. Even Google says "I got nothing".

Old 08-23-2017, 09:24 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
I see many brainwashed trumpeters repeating themselves that Trump WON.

NO he LOSE and yet he is the president. And that just shows how antidemocratic the electoral system in USA can be...

GET IT FOR ONCE.
The electoral college is not more anti-Democratic than congress, which is to say, it is anti-democratic in the sense that people do not directly vote on policy but they do choose their representatives from their districts or states to vote on their behalf.

This is what the electoral college does. You vote for an elector, who pledges themselves to a candidate ahead of time. That elector will cast one vote, and whichever candidate has the most votes will be president.

There are some flaws in the system. A smaller one is that many states have made it illegal for electors to vote their conscious. No doubt, that would be rare these days, especially since often times electors are just party insiders, but it should still be allowed as that was one reason the electoral college was the system.

The other flaw is quite significant. Each states has voting districts equal to the number of congressmen they have. Each district has it's own election to determine their elector. The current system in nearly every state has a winner take all policy. Imagine a scenario where there are 20 districts, 11 vote (D) and 9 (R). Despite the fact that the (D) candidate barely won, they would get all 20 votes. That should change. We should not abandon the elector college, but we should make reforms to it to allow each community a voice, rather than simply forcing communities to go along with the majority in their state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies