Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:33 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
No, it was a LEGAL win. not legitimate.
Legal = Legitimate

Which country do you live in?

Old 08-23-2017, 08:34 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Would you like to live in a true democracy?
I wan't to live in the most alike to one. Wouldn't you?

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
No, subhuman is a qualification on his THOUGHT not on his skin color.
Oh, I agree, but logic rarely is a concern when people are claiming racism.

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
I see many brainwashed trumpeters repeating themselves that Trump WON.

NO he LOSE and yet he is the president. And that just shows how antidemocratic the electoral system in USA can be...

GET IT FOR ONCE.
Where did you learn your English?

Old 08-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Legal = Legitimate

Which country do you live in?

ABSOLUTETLY WRONG

Legal = According to LAW of The Strongest

Legitimate = According to Natural Right.

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
I live in a democracy you live in a thing pretended to be a democracy. You are expected to fight to defend a government which doesn't represent you and which arrived ther against the will of the people. Good luck with that.
Please share where you live, so we can judge whether this "true" democracy of which you speak is really the utopia you claim democracy would lead to.

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
The U.S. is a Constitutional REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC, not a democracy.

Democracy = MOB RULE

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol.

Really?

You might want to take a civics class and learn how the election works.
The irony he that Trump called the Electorial College a rigged system before the Election.

Anyone think Trump would have gone quietly into the night had the Electorial College elected Hillary?

Old 08-23-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Where did you learn your English?
In Guadalajara Jalisco México my birth place.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:36 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
It doesn't take university studies tu know what democracy is, you may not went to University but for sure you went to highschool and there ou will learn that Democracy means One Citizen One vote. and that only tells that the electoral College is the MOST ANTIDEMOCRATIC SIMULATION EVER CREATED.
We learned it in high school, not a university/college. Both American Government and American History were required for graduation at the high school that I attended.

Quote:
No, That is the most antidemocratic self pretended democracy...
Many times, you have been told that the US government is not a democracy, but a republic.

Here, learn the difference: Democracy vs Republic - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Quote:
As I said the thing here is that NO Trump is not a democratic President as you actually stated, stop pretending that you live in a democracy cause you don't.

AND YOU MUST ADDRESS THAT ISSUE.
Trump is the President of the United States and won per the guidelines set up about 150 years ago or more. There is no issue to address other than your misunderstanding of our government which you seem to refuse to address.

The Electoral college, and I am sure some of us remember these on Saturday mornings to reinforce our education:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyIFqf3XH24

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9H3gvnN468

Quote:
dictators arrive by antidemocratic means. but your president arrived through a "democratic election".... how democratic is a winner who actually lost?
Again, please educate yourself on our government and elections for a better understanding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If president were elected by popular vote instead of electoral college, the candidates would have campaigned differently. Trump didn't spend much time in the most populous states because his strategy was to win electoral votes, not popular votes.

Personally, I would prefer we switch from electoral college to popular vote. I'm in favor of greater democracy.
I think that would be too dangerous with the corruption in the election system at the present time, but if it were cleaned up, one person entitled to vote voting one time, it could work, but how to get to that point would be the trick.

Quote:
Hillary won by 3 million votes. Sorry. The electoral College is Fake democracy.
You mean the 3 million illegal aliens in CA, yeah, they shouldn't have been voting anyway, this is one of the reasons that the electoral college is a good idea, cheating/fraud!

Quote:
Right AND YOU MUST ADDRESS THAT ISSUE FIRST. that your vote matters not in the country which expects you to fight for it....
Our military is all volunteer, and they fight for our government/country as it stands when they are required to "fight" for our country.

Quote:
I live in a democracy you live in a thing pretended to be a democracy. You are expected to fight to defend a government which doesn't represent you and which arrived ther against the will of the people. Good luck with that.
If you live in a democracy, that isn't the US, so your opinion doesn't really hold any weight as you would have no entitlement to try to change OUR government laws/rules. I am sure that your country probably has issues that need addressing, so I would start there to be proactive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies