Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 03:58 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post
Hello. We are already broke. Have you not kept up with the national debt?
National is unlike personal or business debt. For one thing it is never paid off.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010...0%99s-why.html

In fact we will soon find more new money at the federal level to help with recent hurricane disasters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 03:58 PM

330 posts, read 177,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
All of them doing stupid things.

It's also obvious you can not defend your position without making things up.

You don't even get it now.

I'll splain it to you.

You should have used the possessive form of "country", NOT the plural form, i.e. Country's. Let me guess, public education!!!

Old 09-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
National is unlike personal or business debt. For one thing it is never paid off.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010...0%99s-why.html

In fact we will soon find more new money at the federal level to help with recent hurricane disasters.
It may never be paid off, but it is rolled-over, and when interest rates go up, well, you'll see how much it costs to service the debt.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Single payer is a disaster in Canada. Aniimals in Canada have much better health care than people do because Vet Med. is market based, and an animal can get high-end diagnostics and treatments same day or next, at much reduced costs, because of the absence of OPM.
Utter nonsense. Not just part of it, but ALL of it.

If you're getting .50 cents a post for this tripe you're vastly overpaid.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:07 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times
So basically they want to DOUBLE the already over inflated federal budget? This would be economic suicide.

What other can of worms does the government controlling your health lead to? I can already see "Healthcare costs are too high because of obesity, we need to ban candy bars, soda." "motorcycle accidents are costing us too much. No more motorcycles!"

Also, we we already have a shortage of doctors before we make seeing a doctor free. It will require some sort of price control with too much demand and not enough supply which will lead to even more shortages. We may have people who actually need a doctor unable to see one. My god this is such a bad idea.

Last edited by cttransplant85; 09-08-2017 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 04:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
I haven't made anything up, and I challenge you to find anything I have made up.

In other words, put up or SHUT UP.

You're the rube who brought war in Afghanistan into a discussion of single payer. OMG. And you're supposed to be the future of America? OMG
I already did. You admitted it wasn't going to happen.

I'm no future of America. Keep lashing out though.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Utter nonsense. Not just part of it, but ALL of it.

If you're getting .50 cents a post for this tripe you're vastly overpaid.
If you don't have anything constructive, or at least rational, to say, butt out.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I already did. You admitted it wasn't going to happen.

I'm no future of America. Keep lashing out though.
Epic fail. BTW, our enemies are plotting and planning against us every day, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
So basically they want to DOUBLE the already over inflated federal budget? This would be economic suicide.

What other can of worms does the government controlling your health cause? I can already see "Healthcare costs are too high because of obesity, we need to ban candy bars, soda." "motorcycle accidents are costing us too much. No more motorcycles!"

Also, we we already have a shortage of doctors before we make seeing a doctor free. It will require some sort of price controls with too much demand and not enough supply which will lead to some kind of price control which will lead to even more shortages. We may have people who actually need a doctor unable to see one. My god this is such a bad idea.
Precisely.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:22 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
The wars aren't freebies, they are Constitutionally authorized and amount to the most important role of the Federal government. And even if we ended all the wars, and let our enemies surround, and then defeat us, there would still be no money - a little less debt, perhaps, but still no money, AND, more importantly, Single Payer would still be a stupid idea promoted by two major groups.

The Parasite-class who wants to be nipple-fed on the sweat of somebody else's brow.
The Ruling-class who seek to increase their power and control over the people.

Which group do you belong to?
I don't care whether wars are freebies/constitutionally authorized or not. If you're fiscally concerned, you won't go to war UNLESS you have to, and if you do, get out fast and not stay there for a decade AND find a way to pay for it either by (1) increasing taxes or (2) decreasing expenses or (3) both.

That's the same issue you have with single payer. Except we're just shifting expenses into domestic issues to improve our own lives instead of fighting endless wars. What's better, building tanks or funding health?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies