Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,198,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
now how did i know you would say that. they are however right, AGW climate change is a religion these days, based in politics. but these are people that can read the data, and make good conclusions despite what you think. you have made up your mind, and are a follower of the reverend al gore climate guru, whose science comes from one whole class he took when he was in college.

and i will also note that science is not a democracy, you dont vote on what is and is not proper science, and the science is NEVER settled. anyone who believes that is a religious fanatic.
Actually you have it in reverse....Climate science is based on evidence. Denial of that science is based on faith (Belief without evidence) which makes people who deny science cult like.... It is the denial movement (based mainly in the USA) that are politicizing the science.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:57 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,038,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post

When someone keeps yelling that it can't possibly be true, I want to ask them when the last time they've ever seen 97 people out of 100 agree about anything.
That's because the 97% of these purported "climate scientists" are on the public dole, inasmuch as all of them are wards of the state, economically sustained solely by government grants, being utterly unemployable by any private sector concern otherwise.

Obviously, their livelihoods depend on their finding a justification for additional taxation. Fortunately for these malingerers, they collectively have a group of all too wiling sponsors, in the form of various central governments, which have now ravenously run well past the limits of their existing powers of taxation, and must find new avenues to fleece a gullible public out of even more of their money.

This unquenchable thirst for additional revenue results in a perversion of the scientific method, vis a vis the Catastrophic Anthropogenic Climate Adjuistment (CA-CA, for short) debate into something which would do Trofim Lysenko proud, and which would get its practitioners booted from a 3rd-grade science fair.

Observe: A flowchart illustrating the actual scientific method appears below.

The next post will contain a flowchart illustrating the scientific method as practiced by these climate change hooligans.

Once again...the actual scientific method, complete with actual, repeated experimentation and theory revision so as to insure that the theoretical model has real predictive value:
Attached Thumbnails
Climate Alarmists Finally Admit ‘We Were Wrong About Global Warming’-1science_method.png  

Last edited by Milton Miteybad; 09-19-2017 at 08:09 PM..

Old 09-19-2017, 08:00 PM

16,681 posts, read 8,677,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
This is a very tired argument. There's very little to debate that the gigatons of greenhouse gases, that were previously locked up underground for hundreds of millions of year, emitted annually play a role in climate.

Frankly, I ignore the alarmism as I think we just don't know enough to make such long term predictions. However, I support being proactive and I disregard the alarmism about it bankrupting us as I view it as an investment.
Hey, I am all for reducing our impact on the environment, but from more practical and pragmatic ways. For instance, there is nothing wrong with us trying to reduce consumption, reuse items, recycling, etc.
Most importantly, keep our sources of fresh drinking water clean, and helping to reduce deforestation.

However, signing onto global initiatives based on dubious science, and significant disadvantages to our country (while other major polluters have low to non existent burdens) seems asinine at best, calculated transfer of wealth and weakening our country at worst.

`

Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,038,130 times
And, for counterpoint, we present the "scientific method" used by these CA-CA proponents (see reference above).

If one were to refer to this method of analysis as "cargo cult science" one would be doing a massive disservice to cargo cults. As you can see, most of the actual scientific method is missing, which is why the climate models generated by this method have near-zero predictive value. Yet the U.S. spends $20 billion (even more elsewhere) per year for academic dreck such as this.

In the search for new avenues of taxation, your government has indirectly perverted the scientific method for its own selfish ends, aided and abetted by buffoons calling themselves "climate scientists."

The whole charade might otherwise be humorous, were it not so sad.
Attached Thumbnails
Climate Alarmists Finally Admit ‘We Were Wrong About Global Warming’-1crumethod.jpg  

Old 09-19-2017, 08:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Hey, I am all for reducing our impact on the environment, but from more practical and pragmatic ways. For instance, there is nothing wrong with us trying to reduce consumption, reuse items, recycling, etc.
Most importantly, keep our sources of fresh drinking water clean, and helping to reduce deforestation.

However, signing onto global initiatives based on dubious science, and significant disadvantages to our country (while other major polluters have low to non existent burdens) seems asinine at best, calculated transfer of wealth and weakening our country at worst.

`
The Paris Accord has one goal, transference of wealth.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:15 PM

30,542 posts, read 19,295,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually you have it in reverse....Climate science is based on evidence. Denial of that science is based on faith (Belief without evidence) which makes people who deny science cult like.... It is the denial movement (based mainly in the USA) that are politicizing the science.
And 'climate science" just admitted their models are dramatically overstated...will you accept the findings?

Every global warming model I've seen for decades has later been proved dramatically incorrect and overstated...when their models pan out, I'll believe their science more.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And 'climate science" just admitted their models are dramatically overstated...will you accept the findings?

Every global warming model I've seen for decades has later been proved dramatically incorrect and overstated...when their models pan out, I'll believe their science more.
You need to give them time to adjust data.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:29 PM

57,408 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
That's because the 97% of these purported "climate scientists" are on the public dole, inasmuch as all of them are wards of the state, economically sustained solely by government grants, being utterly unemployable by any private sector concern otherwise.

Obviously, their livelihoods depend on their finding a justification for additional taxation. Fortunately for these malingerers, they collectively have a group of all too wiling sponsors, in the form of various central governments, which have now ravenously run well past the limits of their existing powers of taxation, and must find new avenues to fleece a gullible public out of even more of their money.

This unquenchable thirst for additional revenue results in a perversion of the scientific method, vis a vis the Catastrophic Anthropogenic Climate Adjuistment (CA-CA, for short) debate into something which would do Trofim Lysenko proud, and which would get its practitioners booted from a 3rd-grade science fair.

Observe: A flowchart illustrating the actual scientific method appears below.

The next post will contain a flowchart illustrating the scientific method as practiced by these climate change hooligans.

Once again...the actual scientific method, complete with actual, repeated experimentation and theory revision so as to insure that the theoretical model has real predictive value:
So suddenly NASA is on the public dole when it comes to earths climate science but not when the can send probes far into our solar system. They just terminated the Cassini mission, have sent others to Jupiter and Saturn but when it come to earth they are considered frauds, why because it conflicts with our use of fossil fuels.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:56 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,271,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Breitbart.....lol
As soon as I saw the source, I was doing plenty of lol-ing myself. C'mon OP, give us more links from Breitbart. Make us laugh more.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:09 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,954,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
There should be a wall of shame for those that post links to Breitbart.
Since everyone likes to accuse each other of being paid posters around here, I figure folks are getting a dollar per hit every time they trick someone into clicking on a link that happens to be to Breitbart. Maybe it's a wall of wooden nickels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies