Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 11:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Without responding to the rest of your post (why do we have to dumb down everything when Republicans are in charge? Why cant our tax code be amended to include holding those fiscally responsible for their environmental destruction, as well as simplifying the tax code? Don't think for a second any of that is meant to benefit the middle class, but I digress)

I just want to add ethanol is a terrible source of energy. This not only reduces fuel mileage but takes a lot of energy to produce, and only exists as a subsidy to farmers. It's an example of what not to do in regards to alternative fuel sources.
As is Solar and Windmills. You've just bought into the babble.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Climates do not change without a cause, and it is clear that there are no natural forcings causing the present warming...That leaves only human causes.

Check out the first chart on this page... https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...forcings/54094
Really? Do you KNOW how climate,tides and winds are created/change? I know, someone is pulling levers somewhere right?

Old 09-21-2017, 01:53 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? Do you KNOW how climate,tides and winds are created/change? I know, someone is pulling levers somewhere right?
Yes I do know....If you think I don't, then tell me what you think causes these things.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
false

we have been warming (not a smooth warming) for the last 16000 years
Hard to believe that you cannot read the graph I posted.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
First off I didn't vote for him nor is he "my boy". As for the tax code, he can't wave a wand (or a pen like his predecessor was fond to do) to get taxes done.
One must also remember he's not been in office even a year yet and as good OLD Mitch said "you have unrealistic expectations on how fast legislators work" so there's that.

As for your tax idea? Again they don't pay taxes, they only collect them for the government.
Now, let's talk about your little solar idea vs other energy sources. You are aware that it takes more energy to make a freaking solar panel that it will ever generate right? How's about all the hazmat involved, does it just POOF disappear?

Natural Gas is a clean burning STEPPING STONE that could be put into play right now while we work on other energy ideas. Solar is no where near ready for prime time and neither are any of the other so-called solutions like windmills.

One other thing to think about, if solar were the end all be all then why does the government have to foot almost the total cost for developing it? If it were really going to be the greatest thing for ALL people then wouldn't private corporations be flocking to it to make the possible billions of dollars?
Every means of generating energy takes energy to build...

What nonsense. This is, as my Great Aunt Ro would put it, “simply arrant drivel.”

Even ten years ago, this study said it takes about 2 years of energy generation to pay back the energy used to make the solar panel. Then it makes energy with no energy cost at all, for the rest of its life. So, a solar panel will make many times more energy than it takes to make it.

https://understandsolar.com/solar-us...n-it-produces/

Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,377 times
I'll might start giving that 97% of scientists who are in consensus with man made global warming a maybe when along with their papers they divulge where their bread and butter grant money is coming from

Old 09-21-2017, 02:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes I do know....If you think I don't, then tell me what you think causes these things.
Dude, nobody knows.

It's such a complex problem that nobody alive or dead understands this right now. Maybe in 20 or 30 years we may understand this better, but right now, nobody knows.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Dude, nobody knows.

It's such a complex problem that nobody alive or dead understands this right now. Maybe in 20 or 30 years we may understand this better, but right now, nobody knows.
But I do know. Ocean currents shape the climate zones on earth. Tides are created by the gravitation interaction of the earth moon and sun....Wind is created by uneven heating by the sun. It's not complicated, it's simple physics, so I'm surprised you don't know that.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:04 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
As is Solar and Windmills. You've just bought into the babble.
Sure that's why Chile can support 80% of their energy with wind and solar.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:22 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure that's why Chile can support 80% of their energy with wind and solar.
So are you ready to make the move to Chile I got hook ups in Valparaiso
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies