Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 02:01 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Gun related crimes, and guns makes crime and killing much much easier. This we can all agree on.
Just as fire makes crime and killing much easier. Which is the weapon of choice in Australia that increased after their gun grab.

Time to outlaw lighters, matches and gasoline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 02:01 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
I'm sorry, but this "there's a right time" is MOST of what's wrong with the country today. There is ALWAYS the time to talk about gun control in this simple minded country of ours. Whether it's the night of or two weeks after means nothing as to why we should not be talking. Guns are an epidemic in this country and some of us are SICK of the freedom of guns to our stomach.

Just like the ridiculous point of kneeling "while" the anthem is being played, because is not "the right time", it can be acknowledged when it's convenient, but not on national television while the anthem is being played. Forget your right time, this country better wake up. Your argument is no different, so spare me with the "do that on your own time". Get rid of the guns! yesterday, now, and tomorrow.

Speak up Hillary, and all Democrats who oppose these loose gun laws that are plaguing our nation. Speak up now!
Don't forget "loopholes" when throwing the gotchas around.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
nobody ever claimed murder would cease if gun were removed, merely that it would greatly decline.

just as a law against rape greatly limits and reduces rape. if not bad men would be raping women all day every day and just about all woman would be raped multi times... same with theft same with a whole bunch of stuff.

do you get it? laws are not magic, but the do reduce and limit bad actors. nobody here is talking absolutes.
There is no proof of that. At all.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:02 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironplanch View Post
You are not gonna get anything accomplished

If the death of 20 children was not able to change people's minds, nothing will. What makes you think this shooting is that different from the Pulse nightclub shooting?
What new gun law do we need? Remember, it has to be tangible, measurable and constitutional.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:04 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Seems like a lot of our local ,"law abiding" gun owners are so slack
with their firearms that in one month this summer there
was a total of 30 guns stolen out
of 30 different people's vehicles.
I advocate that if you leave your gun loose around the house or your car, you do not deserve
to keep your license for a gun. That ought to at least lessen the
loose guns floating around this little town.

As much as I would like to buy into this I can't. What if someone breaks into my house, hooks a chain to my gun safe and pulls it right thru the wall ? Look at all those "loose" guns that are now out on the street.

And with the amount of "gun free zones" that are out, when a legal gun owner runs into that predicament , what then ? Illegally enter the zone, or secure the firearm in their car ? I know , the answer you would like to see is know one carrying at all.

There is a huge issue with unsecured firearms and children in the house, I'm all for throwing the book at those that end up having a loved one shoot themselves or another due to that negligence. Although firearms safety goes along with that as well.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
There is no proof of that. At all.
OK then, in theory do you think it would decline?

Old 10-02-2017, 02:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
When people go hunting they take their firearms into the room with them. Depending on what I'm hunting and for how long I may have 10 with me. Some States have hundreds of thousands of hunters staying in hotels/motels. Can you imagine the costs for these businesses to have to build gun safes so people can avoid bringing them into the room.

Or would people just like them left in the trucks for an easy target.
Lawsuits are expensive as well. Gun safes may be cheaper.

Well, maybe they will demand people declare their guns and explain why they have them. Maybe fill out a form and register those guns. Maybe they won't even let you stay there with your guns. Or there can be special hunting hotels lodges for those with guns, where everyone signs a waiver in case they are shot or killed. Who knows?

You think that hunters cannot be inconvenienced? Smokers are.

You think hotels will not be held liable for crazy guests shooting people in or from their hotel? People will need assurances it is safe to stay in hotels.

Sad that this is what it has come to in this country, but mass carnage will do that.

Remember when you could pretty much just get on a plane?

Old 10-02-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OK then, in theory do you think it would decline?
No, it would not. Australia is a perfect example. Mass murders did not decline. Mass murders by guns did. Mass murders by other means increased significantly, making it virtually a wash.

Why do YOU think, in theory, it would decline? Isn't murder already against the law?

Old 10-02-2017, 02:07 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
His brother who admittedly only sporadically spoke to him... I do not think the brother knew that much about his brother. Obviously.
And yet YOU know better, because you had so much contact with the shooter. You have nothing at all, absolutely nothing, on which to base a conclusion that this shooting was political. You have no reason whatsoever to question this brother, who at least was in contact with his brother this past month after Hurricane Irma, and who helped his brother move to Mesquite.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:07 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, it would not. Australia is a perfect example. Mass murders did not decline. Mass murders by guns did. Mass murders by other means increased significantly, making it virtually a wash.

Why do YOU think, in theory, it would decline? Isn't murder already against the law?
I didn't say it would. I was just asking you the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies