Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 05:38 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Have ANY of you gun rights supporters taken the 15 seconds it takes to review the findings that the original poster linked to?

You can't keep arguing some of your insane arguments if you take a look at the FACTS. Fewer guns leads to fewer deaths. The fewer the guns, the safer things are for most people. Stricter gun control laws lead to fewer needless deaths. It's really not that hard.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts
Personally, I'd much rather off myself with pills and booze.

9) Most gun deaths are suicides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 05:40 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I don't need two Telecasters, or a Rickenbacker. No need to divulge my weapon inventory. I want them, and it's solely my choice. The Constitution is a wonderful thing.
As long as you realize the Las Vegas shooting, among others, is the cost associated with the freedom you and your ilk perceive.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Did you review the graphs provided by the original poster? You might try to actually understand it.
it doesnt matter, we still have the second amendment.

but the real problem is not the guns, they are just a tool. the real problem is we the people. we can use tht tool for good, or evil, unfortunately too many of us use that tool for evil purposes. until we fix the human race, it wont matter if we eliminate guns or not.

in point of fact, i dont need a gun to kill lots of people. a box truck loaded with home made anfo, and loads of nails, ball bearings, and other shrapnel, along with some kind of chemical compound to create a poisonous gas, and you can kill thousands of people, as well as cause huge amounts of property damage.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:43 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
As long as you realize the Las Vegas shooting, among others, is the cost associated with the freedom you and your ilk perceive.
Exactly. Freedom for the gun fetishists. What about the freedom of the rest of us to live safely and not die simply for going to a music concert?

Old 10-03-2017, 05:44 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

but the real problem is not the guns, they are just a tool. the real problem is we the people. we can use tht tool for good, or evil, unfortunately too many of us use that tool for evil purposes. until we fix the human race, it wont matter if we eliminate guns or not.

in point of fact, i dont need a gun to kill lots of people. a box truck loaded with home made anfo, and loads of nails, ball bearings, and other shrapnel, along with some kind of chemical compound to create a poisonous gas, and you can kill thousands of people, as well as cause huge amounts of property damage.
Oh, interesting. Did you look at the graphs the original poster linked to? Care to discuss those? Which is after all the topic of this thread.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Oh, interesting. Did you look at the graphs the original poster linked to? Care to discuss those? Which is after all the topic of this thread.

i dont give a damned about those graphs. they mean absolutely nothing, just a talking point for those that hate the second amendment, hate the constitution as a whole, and want to take away the rights that americans have fought for, for more than 241 years. until you repeal the second amendment, stick your graphs.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:47 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Have ANY of you gun rights supporters taken the 15 seconds it takes to review the findings that the original poster linked to?

You can't keep arguing some of your insane arguments if you take a look at the FACTS. Fewer guns leads to fewer deaths. The fewer the guns, the safer things are for most people. Stricter gun control laws lead to fewer needless deaths. It's really not that hard.

Ah yes, VOX. Now there's an unbiased source of information. If stricter gun control laws lead to fewer deaths than places like Chicago would be one of the safest places on earth. Any one including me can pick and choose whatever FACTS that suit our particular agenda's. All we can do is present our arguments and then let the readers decide which argument is more persuasive.

By the way typing in bold red type does nothing to further your cause. It makes you come across as hysterical and unhinged. As if you're sitting there gritting your teeth and pounding on your keyboard. Just the type of person who maybe shouldn't have a gun in the first place. Now I can understand why you probably don't and don't think others should as well. Smart move on your part.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:51 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Exactly. Freedom for the gun fetishists. What about the freedom of the rest of us to live safely and not die simply for going to a music concert?
A lot of us are also concerned about the possibility of being reduced to the status of spineless, obedient sheep under the thumb of a no-longer-benevolent Big Brother/Sister.

Hitler and Stalin both "benefitted" from strict firearms laws; and that alone is sufficient proof of the dangers therein.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:52 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Which allows to regulate who gets to own a firearm. Each time a new mass shooting record is reached, it just means more people are tired of this second amendment excuse.

Quote:
The problem is accessibility to this "tool". Bottomline, a patch of state laws make gun restriction a joke. Federal guns are a great way to start.

Quote:
And why don't these type of incidences happen where they are much stricter on gun control? Come on bro.... that's a pretty lame argument.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
We now must submit to searches and pat downs to gain access to planes, special events, hotels, and who knows what else. Your freedom to have your guns is infringing on my freedom from against unreasonable searches.

Last edited by jojajn; 10-03-2017 at 07:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies